United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 15-01-2022, 09:22 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you cannot hide your shit midfield behind a front three I would love.
We need 3 new midfielders with Scotty on the bench. We have so much attacking talent it's a criminal waste

Unread 15-01-2022, 09:26 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you cannot hide your shit midfield behind a front three I would love.
So who would your midfield be?

1 new signing and?

We all love Matic but he is like me. Willing and skilled but just can’t do it for 90 minutes, even with 2 big uns upfront.

That front 3 has goals.

Unread 15-01-2022, 09:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
So who would your midfield be?

1 new signing and?

We all love Matic but he is like me. Willing and skilled but just can’t do it for 90 minutes, even with 2 big uns upfront.

That front 3 has goals.
how about three new signings?

matic played well, but he cannot play on his own. fred is slow, gives the ball away and faded more in the second half than the "old man". right now, I would go with matic, The Scottish Player and anyone (garner, telles, dalot) ahead of fred. fred is football #@&%!ed and needs to be renamed if he is to be sold (by m&s).

Unread 15-01-2022, 09:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
We need 3 new midfielders with Scotty on the bench. We have so much attacking talent it's a criminal waste
This. Starting to think we don’t have that much attacking talent though

Matic has only got 30-40 minutes in him now..

Unread 15-01-2022, 09:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
right. but only if the ball is hit straight at him.

Unread 15-01-2022, 09:41 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
how about three new signings?

matic played well, but he cannot play on his own. fred is slow, gives the ball away and faded more in the second half than the "old man". right now, I would go with matic, The Scottish Player and anyone (garner, telles, dalot) ahead of fred. fred is football #@&%!ed and needs to be renamed if he is to be sold (by m&s).
3 new midfielders?

More chance of me joining the ANC.

We must get one in now in January.

Agree about rebranding Fred.

Powerinho? N’Crunchy? Weapon X?

De Eek is a must.

Unread 15-01-2022, 09:49 PM
redhegemony

We could get away with 2. 45 mins Matic and 45 mins Scotty. Three attackers from Rashford, Greenwood, Elanga, Bruno, Sancho let alone the 2 OAPs.

Unread 15-01-2022, 10:06 PM
Stickman

Any 2 starting midfielders from any club in the league would help at this point. Even Sissoko at Watford ffs

Unread 15-01-2022, 10:09 PM
Switching Off

Thought the lads who played had a go, but were just a bit shit in the end. Says something that I'd rather that than the crap of the previous few games.

Unread 15-01-2022, 10:37 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This. Starting to think we don’t have that much attacking talent though

Not just me then?

Martial wants out, Ronaldo will be next. Cavani is off in the Summer (he was woeful today, how many times did he lose the ball or give it away and Villa turned us over?).

Sancho looks about as quick as me and wants to play at a pace not suited to the PL. Would help if he played from the right (more) though.

That leaves Greenwood and Rashford. Elanga showed promise today. Maybe a 7th or 8th finish is needed for a cleansing? Strip the squad right down, bring a few in, and give the youth a go.

Unread 15-01-2022, 10:53 PM
redhegemony

I am happy to have Greenwwod, Rashford and Elanga/Sancho as the base for an attacking 3. Add a mobile 9 and wow!!!

Unread 15-01-2022, 11:03 PM
Sloppy

Every game a massive drop in energy after 60 minutes and are just chasing shadows. Fred was a disgrace tonight. We need to start training for a game that lasts 90 minutes not 60. They were all running in treacle second half. No idea how cavani lasted the 90 should have been hooked earlier. Its a big worry how we have strikers who can put chances away but get absolutely no service.

Unread 15-01-2022, 11:07 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Every game a massive drop in energy after 60 minutes and are just chasing shadows. Fred was a disgrace tonight. We need to start training for a game that lasts 90 minutes not 60. They were all running in treacle second half. No idea how cavani lasted the 90 should have been hooked earlier. Its a big worry how we have strikers who can put chances away but get absolutely no service.
I'd stick Greenwood through the middle for a bit if Ronaldo out for a while. Sancho on the right, Elanga on the left (or Rashford).

Cavani is going in the Summer anyway, not sure he fancied it much today and his passing didn't help at all. Well, it helped Villa.

Unread 15-01-2022, 11:08 PM
dunk

Greenwood is our best forward for holding the ball up and bring others in to play, somehow..

Unread 15-01-2022, 11:27 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
We need Lindelof in midfield
Please PLEASE stop suggesting this lunacy

Unread 15-01-2022, 11:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
nowhere near the silliest thing he's said. even this week.

Unread 15-01-2022, 11:33 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
I have the full backing of forum legends and have received a vote of confidence on this brave but smart call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
nowhere near the silliest thing he's said. even this week.

Awww shit

Unread 15-01-2022, 11:46 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
The defence is shite, the midfield is shite and the attack is shite. The subs are shite. The tactics are shite.
There's no need for you to say you're sorry, Goodbye I'm going home...

Unread 16-01-2022, 12:37 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Best football we’ve played in ages in the first half. Crumbled pathetically in the second - but it’s because of the same old midfield issue. Really hope we try bring someone in this window.

Promising signs I think - in 5 games time I like to think we’ll be looking a lot stronger overall and hitting some form. Just trying to be realistic because every time I get even remotely excited I get disappointed.
We’ll need to. Still a few easy ones to go (plenty to £#%&! up there) and then we have the month of March, with Tottenham, then city and dippers away. You might be right… promising signs but unless these absolute @#%&!s, who have refused to get a mf in, actually get their hands in their pockets, more humiliation awaits… talking of which, when is that @#%&! Woowoo going to finally £#%&! off?

Unread 16-01-2022, 12:44 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
The defence is shite, the midfield is shite and the attack is shite. The subs are shite. The tactics are shite.