United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 28-02-2021, 03:30 PM
armchair

Default Chelsea v Manchester United : Official Match Thread : 28/2/21 4:30pm

Unread 28-02-2021, 03:33 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Probably best XI with form and injuries

Unread 28-02-2021, 03:33 PM
otbarney

I thought Bailly did enough in midweek to keep his place today.

Unread 28-02-2021, 03:35 PM
Mr_Ed

Dan James FFS

Reckon Chelsea will do a number on us today. 2-0z

Dr Stranger

Says a lot martial that Cavani is out and he isn’t even picked. Greenwood central?

I do wish we wouldn’t keep picking DDG and Lindelof, but he clearly still trusts them.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Probably best XI with form and injuries
Maybe

Although Bailey and Henderson can feel a little hard done by imo.

Unread 28-02-2021, 03:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Dan James FFS

Reckon Chelsea will do a number on us today. 2-0z
Yeah, I’m not optimistic about this one. We need a performance we haven’t seen in a few weeks here, but I expect the Tuchel love-in to go into overdrive today.

2-0.

Unread 28-02-2021, 03:39 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Maybe

Although Bailey and Henderson can feel a little hard done by imo.
Bailey has a shout but if lindelof can recreate his NBA style jumping , he might be a better threat. Gods knows how he managed to knee the guy in the face the other day

Unread 28-02-2021, 03:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Great to see amad and Donny on the bench (won't get a minute)

Unread 28-02-2021, 03:42 PM
History

Quote:
Bailey has a shout but if lindelof can recreate his NBA style jumping , he might be a better threat. Gods knows how he managed to knee the guy in the face the other day
He's an absolute wimp. Only capable of jumping when a ball is yards away from him.

Falls to the ground in a fetal position at most set pieces.

Bailly was a must today for me

Unread 28-02-2021, 03:50 PM
Tronics

i assume they started Ziyech just so he can cross the ball into Giroud? hope Lindelof doesn’t Lindelof against him today

midfield is worrying, not a lot of great passers of the ball but still think we can hurt them on the counter, i don’t rate Christensen and Rudiger is prone to a mistake or rash challenge. if we get Rashford and James in and around them at pace we could cause them problems

and we have to keep Mason Mount quiet too, his movement is really good, always finds pockets of space to receive the ball and general uses it well.

should be a good game this tbh!

Unread 28-02-2021, 03:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
unfortunately heading isn't about jumping high, it's about timing and being aggressive enough to be willing to take a wallop in doing so.

Lindelof is a @#%&! unfortunately, he isnt up for a scrap and shies away from physical battles. Giroud will be a handful today.

Unread 28-02-2021, 03:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
unfortunately heading isn't about jumping high, it's about timing and being aggressive enough to be willing to take a wallop in doing so.

Lindelof is a @#%&! unfortunately, he isnt up for a scrap and shies away from physical battles. Giroud will be a handful today.
Yeah it’s a bad match up on paper. If he’s Ole’s first choice, ok, but surely there’s a ‘horses for courses’ situation. We had the same concerns at WBA and they realised after 3 minutes.

Unread 28-02-2021, 03:57 PM
MUFC One Love

I like that team. Especially James down the left with who they have there.

Nailed on we will lose though with Giroud sneaking in against our defence.

Unread 28-02-2021, 04:00 PM
Neo

Wonder if it's Rashford or Greenwood that will be the centre forward? Assume it's Greenwood with Dan James on the right. Big moment for the teenager, if so, and a huge £#%&! off to that wastrel Martial.

Still a few players that turn my stomach whenever I see a United starting line-up - Lindelof, Fred and The Scottish Player.

Henderson must be fuming, btw. No idea why we didn't loan him again, as he's just rotting on our bench.

Unread 28-02-2021, 04:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Wonder if it's Rashford or Greenwood that will be the centre forward? Assume it's Greenwood with Dan James on the right. Big moment for the teenager, if so, and a huge £#%&! off to that wastrel Martial.

Still a few players that turn my stomach whenever I see a United starting line-up - Lindelof, Fred and The Scottish Player.

Henderson must be fuming, btw. No idea why we didn't loan him again, as he's just rotting on our bench.
Yeah, I’m interested to see who starts up top. Whether it’s him or Rashford, it’s something a bit different and martial simply doesn’t deserve to be starting games like this atm.

Fred and The Scottish Player are ‘ugh’, but they’re a necessary ‘ugh’.

Henderson should be first choice right now. If he leaves and DDG stays, then more fool us. He’ll keep letting us down.

Unread 28-02-2021, 04:04 PM
Patty_b

Big Scotty back, massive for the team. No Martial starting either which is good to see.

Reckon we will do them, they like to dominate the ball and push wing backs up, we're best at countering and have insane pace on the wings.

Unread 28-02-2021, 04:06 PM
redhegemony

Maguire needs to take Giroud. Looks like a defensive Chelsea line up.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

If we are lucky maguire will challenge for the 1 vs 1 with giroud whilst lindelof drops. As much as lindelof is a liability and giroud is a danger for them , Bruno , rashford and Greenwood will get chances vs that Chelsea team

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Big Scotty back, massive for the team. No Martial starting either which is good to see.

Reckon we will do them, they like to dominate the ball and push wing backs up, we're best at countering and have insane pace on the wings.
Yeah the pace on the counter could be big for us.