United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-01-2021, 10:39 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
That raised boot comment was complete

What did he expect AWB to do?
He sure does love to big up the opposition too. After his embarrassing Leeds fawning the other week, he wasn’t far off with Villa. I think Villa looked good, very confident, but they lacked a bit of punch up front. United created far more and better chances. He made out like it was completely even. It wasn’t. We were the better team.

Unread 02-01-2021, 10:48 AM
NedKelly

Would hand on heart prefer to listen to Michael Owen say things that don’t mean anything than listen to Neville again. He’s a moron who obviously thinks he’s far cleverer than he actually is, and he absolutely reeks of self-importance. He’s probably the kind of guy who’d sit there and try and give you advice on EVERYTHING; “I was listening outside the door and I think you need to piss more aggressively into the water, as no one will mistake you for having a poo then”. He annoys me more and more with every time I hear him talk.

Unread 02-01-2021, 10:54 AM
History

I see the midfielder who gave away the Pen has been crying on twitter this morning.

You're on 60 grand a week mate, surely you can do better than recording the tv with your phone

Unread 02-01-2021, 11:27 AM
Sapien

Never a pen tbf

Unread 02-01-2021, 11:29 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Never a pen tbf
It was, he kicked his trailing leg, causing Pogba to trip himself, that's a foul anywhere on the pitch in any circumstance. it was Luiz's own fault for getting too close and allowing him to turn.

Huge win. Decent performance overall, Pogba, AWB (villa goal aside) and Bailly were excellent.

Need to stop giving teams chances and need to take more of ours though, ffs.

Unread 02-01-2021, 11:38 AM
Medlock

Blatant penalty. What are people seeing that I'm not?

Unread 02-01-2021, 11:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Blatant penalty. What are people seeing that I'm not?
It was awarded to United.

Unread 02-01-2021, 11:48 AM
puressence

Rawk going on about yellow cards we never get them etc. Then smile to myself as Liverpool have had 7 yellows this season

Unread 02-01-2021, 11:53 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Never a pen tbf
Even if he didn't clip Pogba - and he did - the arm across was almost identical to Shaw against Traore, which was given as a free kick, so pen all the way.

Neville again on the commentary down playing the Leeds result. We only won because of the way Leeds play. I take it they lose 6-2 every week then.

Unread 02-01-2021, 11:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Even if he didn't clip Pogba - and he did - the arm across was almost identical to Shaw against Traore, which was given as a free kick, so pen all the way.

Neville again on the commentary down playing the Leeds result. We only won because of the way Leeds play. I take it they lose 6-2 every week then.
Not conceded a goal since, have they? won 1-0 and 5-0?

We absolutely ruined them. I wish we'd have scored the 10 we deserved.

Unread 02-01-2021, 11:55 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It was, he kicked his trailing leg, causing Pogba to trip himself, that's a foul anywhere on the pitch in any circumstance. it was Luiz's own fault for getting too close and allowing him to turn.

Huge win. Decent performance overall, Pogba, AWB (villa goal aside) and Bailly were excellent.

Need to stop giving teams chances and need to take more of ours though, ffs.
awb better going forward than he gets credit for. It's not the most refined, but usually effective. Crossing needs work though.

Unread 02-01-2021, 12:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
100% awb gets way too much shit. He’s unrefined but still effective. Needs to be well coached tbf.
I think he's improving. His biggest faults are his passing (but I think this is a squad wide problem) and his insistence on tucking far too far over towards his CB and leaving masses of space and usually a winger or full back coming in on his post. Still only 22 though, so he's going to be flawed.

Unread 02-01-2021, 04:11 PM
otbarney

I love G Nev because of what he did in the shirt, but as a co- commentator he's a try hard little £#%&!er. He aims to be impartial, but comes across as a massive ABU.

Unread 02-01-2021, 05:03 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I see the midfielder who gave away the Pen has been crying on twitter this morning.

https://twitter.com/dg_douglasluiz/s...607588352?s=19

You're on 60 grand a week mate, surely you can do better than recording the tv with your phone
£#%&!ing idiot. He’s even filmed the part where the commentator says “and for me that’s a penalty”. Thick £#%&! demonstrates being thick.

Unread 02-01-2021, 05:43 PM
Chavez

Great win in a cracking game; against a side who will continue to take points off our rivals. Notice they have Spurs and the liars in the next few weeks. Let's see how they do.

Bailly MOTM; with Pogba and Fred close behind. I fancy Southampton to get something against the vermin. Burnley away is a win based on current form, attitude and spirit.

2 point lead going to Skiprat land would be sweet as. Glory, glory Man United!!!

EDIT - as others have said Neville's co commentary was borderline embarrassing. F*** knows what game he was watching!!

Unread 02-01-2021, 07:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not conceded a goal since, have they? won 1-0 and 5-0?
Well, they have now.

Unread 02-01-2021, 10:39 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well, they have now.

Ngl you make me laugh pal