United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-09-2022, 02:14 PM
rubbernecker

Coming back after a long term injury took him in a double for top scorer and Brazil to win double in Japan

160\1

Kerching

Love him

Unread 03-10-2022, 03:40 PM
dunk

Trailer for his film is out, it’s short, but looks immense

Unread 03-10-2022, 03:44 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Trailer for his film is out, it’s short, but looks immense
Simeone

Unread 03-10-2022, 03:44 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Other than that Barca season his scoring record doesn't bear comparison with Ronny/Messi - he never hit those Barca heights again really. 2 Balon D'ors is it too in around 10 seasons at top level European football? Yes, definite generational talent, 'Best of the Rest' player from 90s - 20s .. but doesn't break the Ronny/Messi conversation at all (beset by injuries as he was). If not for the other, Ronny/Messi would have swept the Balon D'Ors every season the other won it.

Madrid won a couple of titles and nothing in Europe when he was there, and Inter won a UEFA Cup and nothing domestically. Both those sides were choc full of great players from back to front .. so hardly like he was relied upon to do a Maradonna and drag them to glory single handedly.

For Madrid .. CR7 - 311 goals, 292 games. R9 - 83 goals, 127 games. Tells its own story on which Ronny leaves the insurmountable legacy ..
Much easier to score these days...

Unread 03-10-2022, 04:17 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Much easier to score these days...
True to some extent - but further back still, a player like Voller managed numerous goal-a-game seasons where Ronaldo could not.

Never top scorer in Serie A. Top scorer domestically in only 3 of 11 seasons in top European leagues. That cannot be explained away by the generation he played in as it was against contemporaries. A truly great player it goes without saying, but best work done by early 20s. Only nostalgia holds him to the same level as Messi/C Ronaldo.

Unread 03-10-2022, 04:20 PM
dunk

Unread 03-10-2022, 04:34 PM
AK14

What really happened before the 98 final?

Wasn’t the official word epileptic fit or something?

Unread 03-10-2022, 04:40 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
What really happened before the 98 final?

Wasn’t the official word epileptic fit or something?
Yeah was an epileptic fit/convulsions. Others have said it was something to do with the level of pressure he was under I believe.

The fact they made him play, rumours it was more Nike pressuring him to play, was ridiculous. They even released the team sheet with him not playing before re-introducing him to it.

Unread 03-10-2022, 04:53 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Yeah was an epileptic fit/convulsions. Others have said it was something to do with the level of pressure he was under I believe.

The fact they made him play, rumours it was more Nike pressuring him to play, was ridiculous. They even released the team sheet with him not playing before re-introducing him to it.
Yeah remember him being missing from the initial team sheet.

I was ill that night too and had a fever, was rushed into hospital and kiss d a week of college. Obvs me and Ronaldo share more than just our expanding waist lines

Unread 03-10-2022, 04:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yeah remember him being missing from the initial team sheet.

I was ill that night too and had a fever, was rushed into hospital and kiss d a week of college. Obvs me and Ronaldo share more than just our expanding waist lines
His millions?

Unread 03-10-2022, 05:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
His millions?
Would be bloody nice wouldn’t it

Both ill the night of the WC final
Both had shit haircuts in early 2000’s
Both fat

Trying to think of anything else we’ve got in common. Did he like rugby?

Unread 03-10-2022, 05:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Would be bloody nice wouldn’t it

Both ill the night of the WC final
Both had shit haircuts in early 2000’s
Both fat

Trying to think of anything else we’ve got in common. Did he like rugby?
He likes ladyboys?

Unread 03-10-2022, 05:16 PM
AK14

Quote:
He likes ladyboys?

Unread 03-10-2022, 05:23 PM
dunk

Quote:

Tbf, I think he’s just an equal opportunities kind of guy.. there’s enough Ronaldo for everyone

Unread 03-10-2022, 06:01 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
He likes ladyboys?

Unread 15-11-2022, 04:46 PM
Baron

Turns out this is on the BBC iPlayer now if anyone is looking for it.

Unread 15-11-2022, 05:04 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Turns out this is on the BBC iPlayer now if anyone is looking for it.
You must spread etc...

Unread 15-11-2022, 09:31 PM
Baron

Decent doc, not amazing but felt a bit dusty at times when you see him hurt, the knee going on his Inter return after a minute was brutal

Worth a watch but it wasn’t really a top tier event like say The Last Dance that could interweave the various narratives going on.

He comes across tremendously well though & his mrs has got a fantastic arse.

Unread 15-11-2022, 09:55 PM
moransbleedinghead

Saw him for Inter at the Same Siro in a Uefa cup tie, think it was against Strasbourg, tbh the opposition didn't matter, seeing him play was what it was all about.

His movement was incredible, and his power was insane

Unread 16-11-2022, 07:56 AM
Denis Irwell

I was forgetting how young he was when he had the seizure WC 98. Then, cruciate probs

Some consolation losing vs Madrid at OT but witnessing him at his best. Nice that he’s recognised and appreciated the ovation he got…. several times.

Without his injuries etc, reckon he’d be the goat. Maybe anyway?
Closed Thread