United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2022, 10:38 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
No, because the teams we’re up against don’t have as much to prove, as they all finished comfortably above us last season.

Dr City calming the pre-Derby nerves with copious amounts of alcohol it appears.

Unread 01-10-2022, 11:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Dr City calming the pre-Derby nerves with copious amounts of alcohol it appears.
12 weeks off the ale before Christmas for me. Fresh as a daisy doom this, mate 👍

Unread 02-10-2022, 04:21 AM
shenwen

Quote:
No, because the teams we’re up against don’t have as much to prove, as they all finished comfortably above us last season.

They become a thing if people start suggesting we will finish top 3 based off 4 good results.
It was a joke ffs - to counter the permalinks doom

sample sizes. it'll be reverse par leagues in no time

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:58 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
It was a joke ffs - to counter the permalinks doom
sample sizes. it'll be reverse par leagues in no time
You seem to have a real issue with this choice of phrasing

I’m simply saying four games isn’t much to go by. That’s all. Hardly in the territory of scousers spending hours making up their own league tables

Unread 02-10-2022, 11:15 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
You seem to have a real issue with this choice of phrasing

I’m simply saying four games isn’t much to go by. That’s all. Hardly in the territory of scousers spending hours making up their own league tables
No it’s not. But what you can say is last season they would have rolled over against the scousers and Arsenal ( infact they did) it’s improvement we are seeing . That’s the hope . They are playing better . Still loads to do, but if they can keep on this improvement trajectory they should be making top 4 easy.

More so when you see the scousers struggling () Chelsea having their own issues too.

Always feel Arsenal don’t have the mental bottle and they won’t. They’re acting like they’ve won the league already.

Theyve played two “proper “ teams. We beat them and spurs had a sending off.

Unread 02-10-2022, 11:22 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
No it’s not. But what you can say is last season they would have rolled over against the scousers and Arsenal ( infact they did) it’s improvement we are seeing . That’s the hope . They are playing better . Still loads to do, but if they can keep on this improvement trajectory they should be making top 4 easy.

More so when you see the scousers struggling () Chelsea having their own issues too.

Always feel Arsenal don’t have the mental bottle and they won’t. They’re acting like they’ve won the league already.

Theyve played two “proper “ teams. We beat them and spurs had a sending off.
Completely agree. There’s some really encouraging signs. The wins haven’t come out of nowhere. They look like progress under ETH. I’m really positive we’re going in the right direction and more convinced by ETH by the week.

The point was more in relation to taking all of this and making statements about us finishing top 3 and claiming we’re now better or as good as the team above us. There’s a long way to go before we can make those kind of statements IMO. We’ve seen how fragile this group of players can be. Today is a massive test. Come through it and it’s another tick in the plus box and more reason for optimism. Lose and we’ll need a reaction again.

On this thread we’re bigging us up based on four good games, but laughing at Arsenal getting excited about winning 7 from 8.

Unread 02-10-2022, 11:29 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Completely agree. There’s some really encouraging signs. The wins haven’t come out of nowhere. They look like progress under ETH. I’m really positive we’re going in the right direction and more convinced by ETH by the week.

The point was more in relation to taking all of this and making statements about us finishing top 3 and claiming we’re now better or as good as the team above us. There’s a long way to go before we can make those kind of statements IMO. We’ve seen how fragile this group of players can be. Today is a massive test. Come through it and it’s another tick in the plus box and more reason for optimism. Lose and we’ll need a reaction again.

On this thread we’re bigging us up based on four good games, but laughing at Arsenal getting excited about winning 7 from 8.
No we’re laughing at Arsenal fans getting giddy and acting like they’ve won the league. No one on here is doing that, but it’s not unreasonable to suggest that we’ve turned a corner in terms of form, based on… our form. Our new signings all seem a lot more consistent than some of the other chancers in the squad too. Pretty much everyone has acknowledged we need another good window or two before we can start looking to challenge.

It’s worth noting that Dr Stranger is a Manchester City fan, also.

Unread 02-10-2022, 11:37 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Man City are the only team I’d say are quite a fair distance better than us.

Arsenal have played nobody bar spurs and us and we beat them. They’re getting giddy and it’s funny because the fall from grace will be funnier. Nobody is expecting us to win the league, there’s an outside chance we challenge for it, but that’s always the case.

I’d seriously say us Arsenal Chelsea scousers and even Tottenham are all in a similar boat. All have issues which need addressing, all teams can put together a good set of results. What I will say is I feel of all the teams /coaches out of the teams listed, we have the most scope for potential. I think we haven’t even hit second gear. We have seen glimpses of fantastic team goals that ETH has clearly been bringing to the team and the defence has gotten better.

Most of our players haven’t even been playing really great. They’ve been decent/good but not many have hit the heights they can. That’s what’s exciting . Out of everyone , I’d say only Eriksen has hit peak form. Everyone else cas a lot of room for improvement.

We keep picking up wins and improving , they can mount a title challenge after Christmas . Just need to be there and thereabouts

Unread 02-10-2022, 01:06 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
No we’re laughing at Arsenal fans getting giddy and acting like they’ve won the league. No one on here is doing that, but it’s not unreasonable to suggest that we’ve turned a corner in terms of form, based on… our form. Our new signings all seem a lot more consistent than some of the other chancers in the squad too. Pretty much everyone has acknowledged we need another good window or two before we can start looking to challenge.

It’s worth noting that Dr Stranger is a Manchester City fan, also.
We’re laughing at Arsenal getting ahead of themselves which is what we’re doing.

That’s all. No Biggy and no inquest required. Agree with the rest and haven’t suggested otherwise.
Closed Thread