United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-10-2014, 09:30 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Did you just bad rep me for putting Felliani in?
Yes.

If he starts, you'll get more.

Unread 24-10-2014, 09:30 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
DDG

Rafael
Jones
Rojo
Shaw

Carrick
Herrera
Blind

Valencia
Di Maria
Falcao

433. Bodies in midfield with Herrera playing furthest forward. Quick, hard working and skillfull front three. Attacking fullbacks.

Unread 24-10-2014, 09:32 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

I’m trying to build up his confidence. Pretty sure he lurks.

Unread 24-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Denis Irwell

absolutely all that ^^^^^ #17 didn't link

probably crap but read somewhere that Falcao might not be over his injury , although he's looked mobile enough afaik - ??? Probably just needs games

Can't see us putting one over the chavs but sure we'll improve a lot over the next 6 to 12 months

Unread 24-10-2014, 09:42 AM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Can't see Carrick starting, surprised he didnt get a run out on Monday

DDG

Rafael
Jones
Rojo
Shaw

Blind
Herrera
Felliani

Di Maria
Falcao
Mata
Fellers will play, anybody with half a brain could work that out.

Unread 24-10-2014, 09:43 AM
dragflick

Quote:
DDG

Rafael
Jones
Rojo
Shaw

Carrick
Herrera
Blind

Valencia
Di Maria
Falcao

433. Bodies in midfield with Herrera playing furthest forward. Quick, hard working and skillfull front three. Attacking fullbacks.

Gotta be this. Herrera would be good a bit further forward aswell, pressing them high. Valencia and Di Maria up and down like bastards all game. Falcao giving Terry flashbacks of Monte Carlo a few years ago and bagging a few... Make it happen King Louis.

Unread 24-10-2014, 09:45 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

-------------------------De Gea------------------------

Rafael-------Jones----------Rojo------------Shaw

-----------------------Carrick---------------------------

Valencia----Ander Herrera---Blind---Di Maria

----------------------Falcao-----------------------------

Start £#%&!ing fast.
this. although I'd line up more defensively and give di maria a free role. and definitely not gung-ho (got that, rafa?).

if fellaini plays, we'll lose.

you can guarantee van gaal will play an unbalanced team, they will play without discipline and the back four will be pulled all over the place due to the lack of cover in the midfield. valencia is the key to this not happening.

Unread 24-10-2014, 09:47 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
Fellers will play, anybody with half a brain could work that out.
Not watchers though, he's dumb as shit

Unread 24-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Is Valencia fit? I thought he'd done a hamstring?

I think the diamond can help cover wide areas, but yeah I want to see us push up. Get Rafa snapping into Hazard on the halfway line. Presumably it will be Schurle up front on his own? Do they still do that? Either way with Rafa and Herrera on Hazard I hope we can push up and deal with them pace wise.
Physioroom has him back for the weekend, not sure if Van Gaalers has alluded to who's fit & who isn't yet though.

I think they'll play Drogba up top, he likes Shurrle in the big games but their side is far better balanced with a target man.

With such a large lead I think this is something of a no-lose for Chelsea, they can come & play for a point, but be looser than last year for example on the counter attack now they have Fabregas to play the passes. Hazard & Willian surely to play wide, Oscar in the middle behind Drogba & Matic / Fabregas in the centre.

Unread 24-10-2014, 09:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Gotta be this. Herrera would be good a bit further forward aswell, pressing them high. Valencia and Di Maria up and down like bastards all game. Falcao giving Terry flashbacks of Monte Carlo a few years ago and bagging a few... Make it happen King Louis.
I dunno if pushing up high and then loading Di Maria with wide defensive duties might be a contradiction. I want him given freedom. Plus, when he's deep I think we're £#%&!ing our already weak counter attacking threat, especially if he's £#%&!ed on 60'

Chelsea won't commit too many forward, which is why us pushing up and trying to play football in their half is a good thing. And when it comes to playing football, I'll take RvP over Valencia. And more freedom for Di Maria, rather than defensive duties.

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Physioroom has him back for the weekend, not sure if Van Gaalers has alluded to who's fit & who isn't yet though.

I think they'll play Drogba up top, he likes Shurrle in the big games but their side is far better balanced with a target man.

With such a large lead I think this is something of a no-lose for Chelsea, they can come & play for a point, but be looser than last year for example on the counter attack now they have Fabregas to play the passes. Hazard & Willian surely to play wide, Oscar in the middle behind Drogba & Matic / Fabregas in the centre.
Carrick must be an outsider to play, given he hasn't played in what, five months?

A Blind-Herrera-Valencia-Di Maria-Falcao-RvP midfield would offer and easy in-game transition between the diamond and a flat four.

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:03 AM
woody78

Quote:
DDG

Rafael
Jones
Rojo
Shaw

Carrick
Herrera
Blind

Valencia
Di Maria
Falcao

Wouldn't mind that team ...really can't see Rvp being dropped though

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:04 AM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:
Mistake of getting fouled and then being behind a player who dived?
it was a foul initially. But it wasn't a dive. there's difference between going down without being touched (a dive) and going down very easily even though you could have stayed up. Once the initial foul wasn't given it was incredibly naive of rafael to go charging into the back of that @#%&! giving him a chance to go down.

The worrying thing is it is still happening. 3 years back when he did similar against bayern and got sent off (we could argue that ribery went down easily or that bayern were @#%&!s for surrounding the ref), we thought he will mature and cut out these mistakes. He is now 25 and should be at his peak. I doubt he will ever be as consistent as some of the other right backs around and if possible we should upgrade.

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:05 AM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangaalsbigballs
it was a foul initially. But it wasn't a dive. there's difference between going down without being touched (a dive) and going down very easily even though you could have stayed up. Once the initial foul wasn't given it was incredibly naive of rafael to go charging into the back of that @#%&! giving him a chance to go down.

The worrying thing is it is still happening. 3 years back when he did similar against bayern and got sent off (we could argue that ribery went down easily or that bayern were @#%&!s for surrounding the ref), we thought he will mature and cut out these mistakes. He is now 25 and should be at his peak. I doubt he will ever be as consistent as some of the other right backs around and if possible we should upgrade.
Yes it was.

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:06 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:08 AM
vangaalsbigballs

why are you so angry when the latin players at united are criticized siders

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:08 AM
vangaalsbigballs

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes it was.
it wasn't

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:10 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
why are you so angry when the latin players at united are criticized siders
Is Welbz latino?

Pal, it's clearly a dive ffs

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Baron

Quote:
Carrick must be an outsider to play, given he hasn't played in what, five months?

A Blind-Herrera-Valencia-Di Maria-Falcao-RvP midfield would offer and easy in-game transition between the diamond and a flat four.
Carrick's a gamble, but he's got great experience & you'd hope would stabilise the defence a little with the new midfield. We're still making a couple of catastrophic mistakes every game & we're unlikely to make Chelsea buckle defensively when our side is built on such shaky foundations.

I'd be doing everything I could to make us more difficult to score against, given we have so much talent the other end of the pitch it makes sense to me to get some calming influences in the team now. Blind, Herrera & Carrick can pass it very well, we had nearly 70% of the ball against West Brom & yet they still scored twice, so it's less possession that's the issue & more eradicating mistakes. Carrick is less prone to a mistake than most & should be able to talk to Jones & those around him about retaining the shape etc.

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Baron

Quote:
it wasn't

It was a shambolic dive, disgraceful.
Closed Thread