United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 27-04-2024, 09:08 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
On the off chance we don’t win the FA Cup would 7th get Europa League or the other one?
Imagine saying this out loud when SIr Alex is still alive.

Unread 27-04-2024, 09:09 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
On the off chance we don’t win the FA Cup would 7th get Europa League or the other one?
This is football heritage.

Unread 27-04-2024, 09:14 PM
Stickman

Expectations lowered to the point this isn’t surprising.

I see the manager wrote off next season too in a presser, fantastic, def worth getting behind.

Unread 27-04-2024, 10:07 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Expectations lowered to the point this isn’t surprising.

I see the manager wrote off next season too in a presser, fantastic, def worth getting behind.
Honestly thought it was a wum. Like Moyes with 'there'll be more days like this'.
Unless it's some sort of horrifically clumsy attempt to pressure Big Jim into buying quality players, it's absolutely incredible for him to say this.

In fact I think it's more evidence he's been told he's out.

Unread 27-04-2024, 10:10 PM
armchair

another night not watching motd. It used to be the bonus of the day, and now it's a punishment.

Unread 27-04-2024, 10:47 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
Are you not embarrassed?
Don’t you have any self respect or any sort of standards when it comes to football.

We drew with one of the worst teams in league at home!
A team that had more possession that Us at OT!
For comparison against Chelsea they has 30 percent, Arsenal 35 and Liverpool 29 percent
Is it too much to ask your genius of a manager to dominate the worst team in the league at home while playing our strongest midfield and forward line?

You are trying to gloat about Antony because he score one goal, his first in the league. Years ago he’d be called a flat track bully if he banged in a Hat trick at home to relegation fodder…
He even did his “baby” celebration announcing his newborn but the £#%&!ing baby is about to turn 1 ffs!

Unread 28-04-2024, 12:45 AM
Zorg

Unread 28-04-2024, 12:51 AM
TreeFiddy

Neither is a handball. Although AWB’s arm is slightly further out than the Burnley one.

Unread 28-04-2024, 04:17 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post

This season is all about the FAC Final now.
Players don't look bothered about games until then

Unread 28-04-2024, 04:23 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
He even did his “baby” celebration announcing his newborn but the £#%&!ing baby is about to turn 1 ffs!
Tell me this isn't true? Him waiting best part of a year to get that shitty forced celebration in would just be the icing on the cake.

Unread 28-04-2024, 06:49 AM
browser

How has Casemiro not got more abuse for yesterday? That header was insanity, cost us the game completely. His drop off as a player has been as severe as any I can remember. Our most experienced player doing that in the last few minutes? Pure sabotage

Unread 28-04-2024, 08:19 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Honestly thought it was a wum. Like Moyes with 'there'll be more days like this'.
Unless it's some sort of horrifically clumsy attempt to pressure Big Jim into buying quality players, it's absolutely incredible for him to say this.

In fact I think it's more evidence he's been told he's out.
I hope so. I really do. Already pissing on next seasons hopes - what a way to boost hopes for the fans, players who'll be staying and players we'll be looking to bring in. He's making out now that Spurs and Villa are a huge step up for Manchester United

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
another night not watching motd. It used to be the bonus of the day, and now it's a punishment.
Yep Only watched the Liverpool cup replay, Villa away - obvious stuff like the come backs. Then the week after, it's a shit show embarrassing performance that makes you want to avoid all footballing related programmes for weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser View Post
How has Casemiro not got more abuse for yesterday? That header was insanity, cost us the game completely. His drop off as a player has been as severe as any I can remember. Our most experienced player doing that in the last few minutes? Pure sabotage
He's been abysmal since the two red cards in all honesty. Brilliant before that and he's shown flashes since but not to any kind of acceptable level. It's like he just can't stand this league, the club - manager maybe? £#%&! knows but I'll be glad when he's gone.

Unread 28-04-2024, 09:34 AM
pc6090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
£#%&!ing useless on the counter.

Best transition team in the world? We're £#%&!ing shite on them
We are world class at transitioning from winning positions to drawing or losing

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:03 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy View Post
Neither is a handball. Although AWB’s arm is slightly further out than the Burnley one.
I agree, it's just the lack of consistency Clive.

They actually looked at the Wan Bissaka one and still decided it was a pen. Clearly, neither are. I don't really understand how they decide these things apart from worrying about the national meltdown every single time United get anything.

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:38 AM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
I agree, it's just the lack of consistency Clive.

They actually looked at the Wan Bissaka one and still decided it was a pen. Clearly, neither are. I don't really understand how they decide these things apart from worrying about the national meltdown every single time United get anything.
To me this is the absolute crux of the problem with VAR. When it was introduced the premise seemed to be that replays, slow mos, and more eyes on incidents would lead to better decisions, but when a decision is a subjective interpretation it doesn’t work that way. It can’t. Adding more subjective interpretations doesn’t refine it, it just adds chaos.

One bloke, one opinion. Ten blokes, same incident, ten different opinions. This is why it seems officiating is as inconsistent as it’s ever been despite more tech. If we added five more vars per game it would be even worse.

After four years of it, I think it’s clear by now var should only be used for matters of fact, not opinion or interpretation.

Unread 28-04-2024, 04:37 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser View Post
Deserves a hiding for it.

Onana is clearly a moron, but causing him to be put in that situation was pure unprofessionalism.

£#%&!ing fat £#%&!er has cost us repeatedly.

Unread 28-04-2024, 06:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy View Post
indeed. and, if neither had been given, no one would be bringing it up.

compare also to grealish's handball and the other penalty shouts in the city semi.....

same with romero v us and arsenal earlier in the season.

and everything in between.

Unread 28-04-2024, 07:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter View Post
Deserves a hiding for it.

Onana is clearly a moron, but causing him to be put in that situation was pure unprofessionalism.

£#%&!ing fat £#%&!er has cost us repeatedly.
He's phoning it in like Rashford and Varane.

Antony at the very least tries to make a difference.

If they get rid of tenners but not those 3 in the summer I'm going to see my arse big time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
indeed. and, if neither had been given, no one would be bringing it up.

compare also to grealish's handball and the other penalty shouts in the city semi.....

same with romero v us and arsenal earlier in the season.

and everything in between.

Doesn't matter, won't get talked about because it's United. Some of the decisions over the last few weeks in particular have been scandalous.

Unread 28-04-2024, 07:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
To me this is the absolute crux of the problem with VAR. When it was introduced the premise seemed to be that replays, slow mos, and more eyes on incidents would lead to better decisions, but when a decision is a subjective interpretation it doesn’t work that way. It can’t. Adding more subjective interpretations doesn’t refine it, it just adds chaos.

One bloke, one opinion. Ten blokes, same incident, ten different opinions. This is why it seems officiating is as inconsistent as it’s ever been despite more tech. If we added five more vars per game it would be even worse.

After four years of it, I think it’s clear by now var should only be used for matters of fact, not opinion or interpretation.
More convinced than ever that we should move to a cricket type system, and allow both teams a limited number (probably two or three) VAR appeals per game - apart from that it would not be used. As with other sports, frivolous appeals would die out pretty quickly.

Unread 28-04-2024, 08:02 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
More convinced than ever that we should move to a cricket type system, and allow both teams a limited number (probably two or three) VAR appeals per game - apart from that it would not be used. As with other sports, frivolous appeals would die out pretty quickly.
That's an interesting idea actually