United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Wrestling
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2017, 09:43 PM
TheKitchenSink

His best look & theme song was ministry taker... pure evil shame he spent that period in mostly stupid storylines with fairly poor matches (Big Bossman @ WM15 )

Unread 03-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Arnold Muhren

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Lads, I'm not seeing much appreciation for the dead man

Fave matches?

V Mankind - Buried Alive 96
V Bret Hart - Summerslam 97
V HBK - Badd Blood
V Kane - WM14
V Mankind - King of the Ring 98
V Kane - Unforgiven 98
V HHH - WM 17
V Austin - Summerslan 98
I'd say the HiaC match with Foley but that would be coz of the ridiculous bumps Foley took rather than Takers work so I'll go with the first WM (25) match with HBK, far and away the greatest WM match also imo.

Unread 03-04-2017, 09:51 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Lads, I'm not seeing much appreciation for the dead man

Fave matches?

V Mankind - Buried Alive 96
V Bret Hart - Summerslam 97
V HBK - Badd Blood
V Kane - WM14
V Mankind - King of the Ring 98
V Kane - Unforgiven 98
V HHH - WM 17
V Austin - Summerslan 98

HHH vs Taker, Shawn Michaels guest ref WM28
CM Punk vs Taker WM29

Would have been fitting to retire after 28 but that feud and blow off match against Punk at 29 was amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
His best look & theme song was ministry taker... pure evil shame he spent that period in mostly stupid storylines with fairly poor matches (Big Bossman @ WM15 )
Respectfully, I disagree

Unread 03-04-2017, 10:00 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Can't argue with that either tbf.

Unread 03-04-2017, 10:06 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
Can't argue with that either tbf.
Think it only got used the once tbh, very fitting though.

Unread 03-04-2017, 10:08 PM
Switching Off

Forget the IC, forget the brand split. Time for Corbin to invade Raw and challenge Lesnar

Unread 04-04-2017, 05:21 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Sgt Slaughter in the house

The results are pre determined - obviously - but 2 things:

1) How they get to that result is up for grabs. On the Talk is Jericho podcast with Roman Reigns he mentions how hard it was getting any offence in against Lesnar and arguing with him and Paul Heyman was tough going.

Imagine if in Game of Thrones Jon Snow refused to get beaten up by Mance Raydar and should just kill him immediately?

2) Fan outcry got the women's match moved into the main show.

This is like fans shouting on Game of Thrones that they'd like to see more of Gendry and so a last episode rewrite has to take place and a story in Dorne binned at the last moment .

So yes, it is pretty determined but still more real than any other non sporting event in the world.

Anyway. This for me will always be the legacy of the undertaker. Nightmares guaranteed

https://youtu.be/Xx3AGPR2HTc
Hahahahaha, fucking love it when Jez gets wound up about the wrestling then starts screaming the Game Of Thrones comparisons.

Anyway, The Undertaker eh. Bloody hell. What a career. Incredible to still be pretending to hit people at that age tbf.

Unread 04-04-2017, 10:16 AM
TheFatGoth

Most people remember 1999 for the Treble but for me it will always be the year I witnessed the Undertaker tombstone Triple H.

Quote:
April 3, 1999
Attitude Adjustment Tour
Newcastle, England

Al Snow (w/Head) defeated The Brooklyn Brawler (w/Pat Patterson & Gerald Brisco) via pinfall

Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett (w/Debra) defeated Edge & Gangrel (w/Christian) via pinfall

Ivory defeated Jacqueline via pinfall

HARDCORE TITLE MATCH - Bob Holly defeated Val Venis via pinfall

Kane defeated Ken Shamrock via pinfall

Xpac defeated D-Lo Brown via pinfall

The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer) defeated Triple H (w/Chyna) via pinfall

The Big Show Paul Wight defeated The Rock via DQ

WWF TITLE MATCH - Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated The Big Bossman (w/Pat Patterson & Gerald Brisco) via pinfall

Unread 04-04-2017, 11:09 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Most people remember 1999 for the Treble but for me it will always be the year I witnessed the Undertaker tombstone Triple H.
Fuck off

Unread 04-04-2017, 11:13 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Stop trying so hard
Closed Thread