United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
People knew who he was - there was concerns about his temperament.

Also, we only ended up signing him by chance pal - they wanted to sign Denis Irwin.

Perhaps learn your history, pal?
I remember.

So people knew about him and STILL didn't want to sign him? Wow. 'Speaks volumes'.

It changes nothing. Your criteria for doubting a signing was based on interest from other clubs.

Nobody was interested in Cantona. Or solskjaer. Or any other example of any other successful player we've ever had, where we faced no competition for their signature.

Because, it's bullshit reasoning.

Unread 26-07-2019, 10:05 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I remember.

So people knew about him and STILL didn't want to sign him? Wow. 'Speaks volumes'.

It changes nothing. Your criteria for doubting a signing was based on interest from other clubs.

Nobody was interested in Cantona. Or solskjaer. Or any other example of any other successful player we've ever had, where we faced no competition for their signature.

Because, it's bullshit reasoning.
TRIGGERED.

Unread 26-07-2019, 10:06 AM
Clownbones

It's the same reasoning that makes us sign Alexis Sanchez solely because City are after him.

That's a signing no direction other than interest from another club.

That's where it gets you. Its shallow and quite frankly, a bit silly.

Quote:
TRIGGERED.

Triggered is no get out of jail free card, young fella m'lad.

Ignored all the points. Speaks volumes

Unread 26-07-2019, 10:14 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
It's the same reasoning that makes us sign Alexis Sanchez solely because City are after him.

That's a signing no direction other than interest from another club.

That's where it gets you. Its shallow and quite frankly, a bit silly.

Triggered is no get out of jail free card, young fella m'lad.

Ignored all the points. Speaks volumes

Good points by the way. I just don't see a lot to his game except pace. That's all. All about opinions.

Unread 26-07-2019, 10:21 AM
Clownbones

Quote:

Good points by the way. I just don't see a lot to his game except pace. That's all. All about opinions.
Ok, that's fine. But that's different. That's judging the player in front of you (albeit a little bit prematurely, IMO), not by how many ciubs are linked with him.

A much better way. Keep doing that

Unread 26-07-2019, 10:23 AM
puressence

Quote:
Nope.

It's an example of how daft your reasoning is.

Arguably the greatest player we've ever had attracted no interest from other clubs either.

It means nothing.

Do you use the phrase 'no smoke without fire' a lot too?
imagine when schemichal signed or irwin

Unread 26-07-2019, 10:30 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
imagine when schemichal signed or irwin
That was about 30 years ago pal. They didn't have streaming and no one would have heard of Peter Schmeichel back then but that's what the scouts were for.

Fortunately we live in an age where near enough every game, home and abroad, is available to watch so it's not as if anyone is an unknown and judgements be made.

Unread 26-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
In fairness he does look a bit shit, all pace not much of anything else. Chong looks twice the player.
Absolute £#%&!ing %@#$&!s

Quote:
People knew who he was - there was concerns about his temperament.

Also, we only ended up signing him by chance pal - they wanted to sign Denis Irwin.

Perhaps learn your history, pal?

u wot m8? what even does that mean? edwards asked about him when they rang about Irwin, sure, but it wasn't "chance" - fergie wanted him but didn't think he was obtainable but the intention was still there. wasn't like they picked his number out of a £#%&!ing my first tombola ffs.

"chance"

jesus

Unread 26-07-2019, 10:53 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Absolute £#%&!ing %@#$&!s

u wot m8? what even does that mean? edwards asked about him when they rang about Irwin, sure, but it wasn't "chance" - fergie wanted him but didn't think he was obtainable but the intention was still there. wasn't like they picked his number out of a £#%&!ing my first tombola ffs.

"chance"

jesus
https://www.theguardian.com/football...ars-phone-call

Full story. Different versions, apparently.

Ps, you ok hun?

Unread 26-07-2019, 10:55 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
https://www.theguardian.com/football...ars-phone-call

Full story. Different versions, apparently.

Ps, you ok hun?

i'm fine pol but your constant negativity about all things pre-season is grinding my gears tbh. I expect from sparky, that's his thing, but you should know better. go and build a shed and let some of that negativity out.

Unread 26-07-2019, 11:13 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
i'm fine pol but your constant negativity about all things pre-season is grinding my gears tbh. I expect from sparky, that's his thing, but you should know better. go and build a shed and let some of that negativity out.
I just want quality signings pal. Get in a midfielder and even Harry £#%&!ing Maguire and I'll be a happy carpenter.

Unread 26-07-2019, 11:20 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
It does to me. Hardly a mad scramble for his signature was there...
Was there a mad scramble for many of our best signings? Sharpe, Irwin, schmeichel, kancheslskis, cantona, Van Der Saar, vidic, evra, Ferdinand Etc?

Maybe we’re going back to signing players who want united above all others, so other clubs get short shrift.

Unread 26-07-2019, 11:33 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Was there a mad scramble for many of our best signings? Sharpe, Irwin, schmeichel, kancheslskis, cantona, Van Der Saar, vidic, evra, Ferdinand Etc?

Maybe we’re going back to signing players who want united above all others, so other clubs get short shrift.
Are you seriously comparing him to some of the greatest players to ever wear the shirt? Many of which signed between 20 and 30 years ago?

Unread 26-07-2019, 11:37 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Are you seriously comparing him to some of the greatest players to ever wear the shirt? Many of which signed between 20 and 30 years ago?
You know he isn't.

Like you know I wasnt.

Nobody is comparing the players directly. They're comparing the yardstick of other clubs being interested in them.

You're being disingenuous.

You've already said 'good points' to me for saying exactly the same thing

Unread 26-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Why are you being such a tit?

Unread 26-07-2019, 11:39 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Why are you being such a tit?
Taking a leaf out of your book for a change.

Unread 26-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Taking a leaf out of your book for a change.

Did you just react to your own comeback?

Unread 26-07-2019, 11:47 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Did you just react to your own comeback?
You know I did. Look at it again to confirm.

Unread 26-07-2019, 01:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
You know I did. Look at it again to confirm.
So your idea of a ‘quality’ signing is one that the Daily Mail have said City, Liverpool and Barcelona were also interested in - information that’s almost definitely made up anyway?

You do know that this need for external validation is the number one sign of a chronic lack of self worth mate. You might want to speak with someone about it. It’s never too late in life. All the best.

Unread 26-07-2019, 01:39 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So your idea of a ‘quality’ signing is one that the Daily Mail have said City, Liverpool and Barcelona were also interested in - information that’s almost definitely made up anyway?

You do know that this need for external validation is the number one sign of a chronic lack of self worth mate. You might want to speak with someone about it. It’s never too late in life. All the best.

By saying I don't rate Daniel James as highly as others do?

Ok, pal.
Closed Thread