United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Weird how many individual players seem to be failing to live up to their potential at the moment.

Purely a coincidence I’m sure

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:34 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's not shit. he's just not a striker. Sticking him out wide and then expecting him to beat half a dozen players is not fair on the boy, he needs help. We don't support our attacking players at all.

We were losing the game 3-1 and never committed more than 2 players into brighton's box. City were 5-1 up today and were throwing 5 players into Huddersfield's box. They're spoilt for options.

Our players run away from the ball and hide in plain sight. The only players today who showed for the ball consistently were pogba and Fred.
He’s been £#%&! for ages. Constantly changing him around the pitch isn’t helping his development but no matter what position he’s just not good enough and he’s turned into a massive tart (taking the easy option, passing it off etc). He’s lost.

Another problem with him is that when he’s on the pitch, someone still let’s him take set pieces. He’s truely abysmal at set pieces, no quality.

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
He’s been £#%&! for ages. Constantly changing him around the pitch isn’t helping his development but no matter what position he’s just not good enough and he’s turned into a massive tart (taking the easy option, passing it off etc). He’s lost.

Another problem with him is that when he’s on the pitch, someone still let’s him take set pieces. He’s truely abysmal at set pieces, no quality.
King @#%&!

Funny how you’re back.....

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:36 PM
armchair

he's a really good player but, just like pogba, the absolute worse aspects of his game will be nurtured at United.

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:40 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Again judging players shit at 20 is nonsense, players that are consistently brilliant before they turn 23 are common as rocking horse shit.

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:48 PM
utd99

So you just ignore everything you see until the kid gets to 23? Then what, we extend it to 25?

Forget even buying experienced pro’s, which young player isn’t getting a crack behind him because the last one got a five year pass? I guess we should change ‘if you’re good enough, you’re old enough’ to ‘if you’re young and local enough, you’re good enough’.

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So you just ignore everything you see until the kid gets to 23? Then what, we extend it to 25?

Forget even buying experienced pro’s, which young player isn’t getting a crack behind him because the last one got a five year pass? I guess we should change ‘if you’re good enough, you’re old enough’ to ‘if you’re young and local enough, you’re good enough’.
Are you ok?

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:52 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Are you ok?
Fine thanks. You don’t agree I take it? I ask because i’m not that fluent in snide, sorry.

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:53 PM
TheFatGoth

Seriously starting to think Mbappe might be better than him and Fodden

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Fine thanks. You don’t agree I take it? I ask because i’m not that fluent in snide, sorry.
You’re more than capable of getting by from what I’ve seen.

Unread 19-08-2018, 08:02 PM
AK14

Quote:

Nailed Ethers there tbf.

Unread 19-08-2018, 08:04 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Nailed Ethers there tbf.
You’re really getting quite creepy now.

Unread 19-08-2018, 08:23 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:

No but by your measure you'd have binned off almost every world class striker there's ever been, Shearers scoring record as a young striker at Southampton was abaolutely £#%&! all to write home about, but people in the game saw he had something, ditto Shevchenko, Batistuta, Suarez, Henry and pretty much any striker you fancy looking at bar Messi, Ronaldo (Portuguese and Brazilian) and Mbappe.

It's like people in the game see Rashford as a talent and Spurs, PSG and other clubs were enquiring about Martial, but you sat on your couch in wherever think both are shit. Either them or you is wrong and my money would be on it being you.

Unread 19-08-2018, 08:48 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Seriously starting to think Mbappe might be better than him and Fodden

Unread 19-08-2018, 08:50 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
No but by your measure you'd have binned off almost every world class striker there's ever been, Shearers scoring record as a young striker at Southampton was abaolutely £#%&! all to write home about, but people in the game saw he had something, ditto Shevchenko, Batistuta, Suarez, Henry and pretty much any striker you fancy looking at bar Messi, Ronaldo (Portuguese and Brazilian) and Mbappe.

It's like people in the game see Rashford as a talent and Spurs, PSG and other clubs were enquiring about Martial, but you sat on your couch in wherever think both are shit. Either them or you is wrong and my money would be on it being you.
Ah, the old ‘so and so like him so he must be good’ line. First of all how the £#%&! do you know? Do you dine a lot with Pochettino then? Hope you’re not taking fat boy Custis’ word for it.

And if I’m right, where will you be? £#%&!ing nowhere to be seen as per with your like; probably forgotten about Martial at that point and making endless excuses for your next pet.

Unread 19-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Red Al

Rashford is ok player nothing more.

Mid table club type(like most of our youth products as of late)and it's where he will be in about 3 years

File lingard and mctommers in the same category

Unread 19-08-2018, 09:27 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Rashford is ok player nothing more.

Mid table club type(like most of our youth products as of late)and it's where he will be in about 3 years

File lingard and mctommers in the same category
It's where we'll be this bloody year at this bloody rate.

Unread 19-08-2018, 09:34 PM
TheKitchenSink

Rashford clearly has a ton of potential but he's not going to realise it here. If he stays at United too long he probably won't ever realise it. This club used to be the place for young players to evolve, now it's a £#%&!ing graveyard.

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:02 PM
MagnificentSeven

i'm starting to feel that he gets a free pass because he's a manc, he's a united fan and because of that goal against city. i don't recall there being any outstanding performances by him since his first season.

i'm sure there's a player in there somewhere, but how can he fulfil this potential? he won't get in as a first choice number 9 over lukaku, nor a first choice left winger over sanchez.

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:16 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Ah, the old ‘so and so like him so he must be good’ line. First of all how the f*** do you know? Do you dine a lot with Pochettino then? Hope you’re not taking fat boy Custis’ word for it.

And if I’m right, where will you be? f***ing nowhere to be seen as per with your like; probably forgotten about Martial at that point and making endless excuses for your next pet.
You have my word I'll log on to whatever forum your moaning about our young players on if Martial and Rashford don't have decent careers and congratulate you on being right.
Closed Thread