United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Sloppy

Default David De Gea - new contract?

Unread 29-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Aman27deep

He's our only consistent top player. Genuinely lucky to have him. Already in the top 5 goalkeepers of the world for me.

Unread 29-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Michael Myers

Personally I think he's regressed this season. Not surprising with the crap coaching.

Hope he's still here when we bring in a competent manager

Unread 29-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Myers
Personally I think he's regressed this season. Not surprising with the crap coaching.

Hope he's still here when we bring in a competent manager
One area that I think has dipped is his kicking, which had been exemplary until this season.

Maybe they're not doing as much work as Steele did in that area, but he used to be superb with both feet and could pin-point either winger from goal-kicks. He's been a bit sloppier this year IMO.

His reactions look just as sharp though. That double save he made against Olympiakos was quality, and he's generally commanding his area from crosses really well. I still think he's been very unlucky not to have a settled back four in front of him; if we can sort that over the summer then he'll have his best season ever next year IMO. Van Der Sar and Schmeichel both reaped the rewards of settled back fours. We need a left-back and a long-term centre-back partner for Jones.

Unread 29-03-2014, 06:43 PM
rogieop

Dont think he has regressed this season more he is just suffering the same slump all the other players are suffering.

90k a week though, not even a third of rooneys wages, yet he is probably just as important to us...

Unread 29-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Will await the sage views of SSG2 and Grimmers before opining.

In that order.

Unread 29-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Grimson

He was good last season and has improved this. His decision-making is rock solid - no longer comes for balls that are better left for defenders. The usual highlight reel of saves (the Suarez one is unreal) and only one real clanger. I would agree his kicking is sloppy at times, tho.

The clearest evidence of his progression is that even caveman teams like West Ham and Sunderland have stopped trying to run him over at every chance. He is clearly rated highly by everyone in football these days.

Unread 29-03-2014, 07:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Will await the sage views of SSG2 and Grimmers before opining.

In that order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He was good last season and has improved this. His decision-making is rock solid - no longer comes for balls that are better left for defenders. The usual highlight reel of saves (the Suarez one is unreal) and only one real clanger. I would agree his kicking is sloppy at times, tho.

The clearest evidence of his progression is that even caveman teams like West Ham and Sunderland have stopped trying to run him over at every chance. He is clearly rated highly by everyone in football these days.
Steady on Grimmers.

Unread 29-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Steady on Grimmers.
I presume SSG2 is preparing an in depth dossier jam packed with analysis as opposed to the rather less detailed executive summary provided by Vidal.

Unread 29-03-2014, 07:14 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Thumbs up

Some good news in an otherwise sea of sewage.

Unread 29-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Neo

Quote:
I would agree his kicking is sloppy at times, tho.
I still think it's good, but just not as brilliant as it's been in the past where he could land the ball on a sixpence from his goalkicks. Nevertheless, he's the best 'keeper in the league.

Will be great for him to go to the World Cup, but I just hope it doesn't lead to him being tapped up by Barca/Madrid players the whole time he's there, just like he did with Thiago last summer.

Hopefully Ter Stegen lasts at Barca, and Dave refuses any potential advances from Real due to his Atletico past. We need this kid for the next 5 years at least. Sensational player; you were right all along, pol.

Borsuk wanted Stekelenburg.

Unread 29-03-2014, 07:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:

Big Dave Jamo today saying he's been United's POTY

Incredible that he's still uncapped. Should be Spain's no1 already, imo.

Unread 29-03-2014, 07:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I still think it's good, but just not as brilliant as it's been in the past where he could land the ball on a sixpence from his goalkicks. Nevertheless, he's the best 'keeper in the league.

Will be great for him to go to the World Cup, but I just hope it doesn't lead to him being tapped up by Barca/Madrid players the whole time he's there, just like he did with Thiago last summer.

Hopefully Ter Stegen lasts at Barca, and Dave refuses any potential advances from Real due to his Atletico past. We need this kid for the next 5 years at least. Sensational player; you were right all along, pol.

Borsuk wanted Stekelenburg.
Or Adler

Unread 29-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Or Adler
Or Timo £#%&!ing Hildebrand before that.

Unread 29-03-2014, 08:22 PM
andyroo

Agree re the physical presence thing, the old cliche about him being weak under set pieces has been proved rubbish.

His kicking is good but we're still hoofing it far too much.

Still love Big Dave though, probably our most likeable player left.

Unread 29-03-2014, 08:31 PM
HarkNowHear

Tremendous keeper, will be Worlds best when he matures

Unread 29-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

"We can now go live to the Lawless household where Denis has just heard the news"

Unread 29-03-2014, 09:02 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
"We can now go live to the Lawless household where Denis has just heard the news"

you dont know how close to the truth that is

Unread 29-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
you dont know how close to the truth that is

Please tell me that's not even fractionally close to the truth.

Unread 29-03-2014, 09:10 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Please tell me that's not even fractionally close to the truth.
well...i am too much of a tight arse to pay for new windows so id probably open it first and climb out
Closed Thread