United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Spock

Default Danny welbeck, is he all that?

Not convinced about him tbh. Too many chances go missing, has a tendency to collapse for some reason when "puliing the trigger" and £#%&!ing it up. Did it again today As he does most games. I know he is a local lad etc etc but he is a bit shit when it comes down to it? Average at best

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:33 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Not convinced about him tbh. Too many chances go missing, has a tendency to collapse for some reason when "puliing the trigger" and £#%&!ing it up. Did it again today As he does most games. I know he is a local lad etc etc but he is a bit shit when it comes down to it? Average at best
good god almighty

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
good god almighty
I know you love him more than anyone Borsuk (and not in a jimmy savile way) I just don't see it. He just isnt that great tbh

Switching Off

Genuinely think he's going to be a world class forward. If some of the things he tries start coming off, he'll be like Drogba.

jem

he wore a tee-shirt. he'll be in the team next week.

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:40 PM
bcred

Remember when Cole came to the club.
He was shit for a year at least,more arguments about him in the early days than soft mick. I think Wellers is similar,he does have a rush of blood to the head in front of goal sometimes. But importantly he's getting in the right positions.
He'll be alright in time.

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Coracao

Needs to hugely improve his finishing.

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Alan

No.

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
He was shit for a year at least,more arguments about him in the early days than soft mick. I think Wellers is similar,he does have a rush of blood to the head in front of goal sometimes. But importantly he's getting in the right positions.
I remember when cole came to the club. :shakehead:

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
Cole had scored a hat full at the Geordies though. He was the real deal,and proved it. Welbeck has has had loads of chances but still can't hit a cows arse with a banjo. If he wasn't local he would have been £#%&!ed off by now?

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:46 PM
borsuk

Quote:
I know you love him more than anyone Borsuk (and not in a jimmy savile way) I just don't see it. He just isnt that great tbh
he's 21 ffs. that's nothing for a no 9, he's a baby but already a regular starter for united and england. needs to improve his finishing, fair enough, but he's a class player already and still a baby.

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Ethers

Eg£#%&!ingzactly.

21 ffs. Gonna be an absolutely superb player for us over the next ten years.

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:49 PM
andyroo

I don't think so tbh. He's incredibly frustrating and I don't see it's suddenly all going to click for him.

Nice lad and all though, top red. He's not totally useless, just not United standard

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:50 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Cole had scored a hat full at the Geordies though. He was the real deal,and proved it. Welbeck has has had loads of chances but still can't hit a cows arse with a banjo. If he wasn't local he would have been £#%&!ed off by now?
no. this is bonkers, surely a wum.

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Grimson

All strikers miss chances. RvP has already missed a couple of real sitters this season.

It's just that Welbeck's misses are kind of hilarious/disastrous, so his finishing seems worse than it really is. RvP and/or Rooney shoot & miss, whereas Welbeck kicks the ground/falls over/misses entirely etc.

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
no. this is bonkers, surely a wum.
:lightbulb:

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Eg£#%&!ingzactly.

21 ffs. Gonna be an absolutely superb player for us over the next ten years.
I really hope so, and yes his movement is fabulous, but he is supposedly a striker, but seems a bit crap at that bit. People slag chicarito but the boy can finish!

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:52 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
All strikers miss chances. RvP has already missed a couple of real sitters this season.

It's just that Welbeck's misses are kind of hilarious/disastrous, so his finishing seems worse than it really is. RvP and/or Rooney shoot & miss, whereas Welbeck kicks the ground/falls over/misses entirely etc.
give keepers some £#%&!ing credit.

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:55 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I don't think so tbh. He's incredibly frustrating and I don't see it's suddenly all going to click for him.

Nice lad and all though, top red. He's not totally useless, just not United standard

Thats just stupid. as said his 21, still a bit raw but is constantly getting in to scoring positions and is a hand full to pick up/mark. his finishing will come.

and he's from manchester, which is a damn sight more than most of the @#%&!s on here can say

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Ethers

Andy Cole was being loaned to 3rd division Fulham at Welbeck's age, after barely getting a game let alone a goal at Arsenal.

Closed Thread