United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Spiffy

Default Would you sell Ronaldo for £47M?

That's what the Sun are predicting we'll be offered.

How much would say Fabregas and Kaka cost? Ronnie's class but for £47M I think I'd be tempted to be honest.

Unread 10-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
That's what the Sun are predicting we'll be offered.

How much would say Fabregas and Kaka cost? Ronnie's class but for £47M I think I'd be tempted to be honest.

I'm surprised at you mate.

How much of that would go to buying new players ? 10 maybe .

I fear that he will go and we'll get Pennant as a replacement

Unread 10-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson
I'm surprised at you mate.

How much of that would go to buying new players ? 10 maybe .

I fear that he will go and we'll get Pennant as a replacement
Working on the assumption that he doesn't keep it to pay the debt off obviously. No one on here would consider selling him for £200M if we didn't use the money to reinvest in new players.

With the new TV money coming in, I don't think Glazer will need to use it to keep up his repayments, I also don't think he's bothered about clearing the debts. Revenue will increase with the new seats, TV revenue is higher than expected so he'll be OK. When he wants to sell up he keeps the profit after paying the loan off so I don't think repaying the debt is bothering him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him allow us to keep whatever money we generate from player sales from now on. We need to have an attractive proposition to fill the ground in the first place and they know this.

So, assuming all £47M is given to Fergie to piss up the wall, would you sell him? He's off anyway in a few years at best so we may as well get as much for him as we can.

Unread 10-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Luffy

do you prefer money in the bank or the worlds most exciting attacking duo donning a red shirt and tearing up europe and the EPL?

cos even if you sold him, no one comes close to replacing him. its like if we had sold Giggs for £30m, who the £#%&! would have replaced him over the past 10 years in world football?

players who can dribble with the ball like they can are gold dust. ronaldinho, messi, kaka, neitehr of them do that. we're extremely lucky that we have the two best wingers of recent years in our team. that shouldnt be underestimated or taken for granted.

Unread 10-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Horst_ Bucholst

if the club are offerd that cash i sure they would sell but i would be really pissed off if they didn't invest it in some quality players

Unread 10-02-2007, 12:06 PM
gbmufc

I could really use the money but I dont think the club would be too pleased.

Unread 10-02-2007, 12:08 PM
42ndstreet irregular

The Glazers would snatch their hands off. Its only a matter of time but I hope Im £#%&!ing wrong.

Unread 10-02-2007, 12:17 PM
armchair

We should ask all interested parties for an upfront deposit or else they can shut the £#%&! up. 10mil to get on the speed dial.

Unread 10-02-2007, 12:20 PM
est.1878

On the subject of selling for 'big' money, are we still waiting for the rest of Lazio's cash for Stam?

Unread 10-02-2007, 12:21 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
The Glazers would snatch their hands off. Its only a matter of time but I hope Im £#%&!ing wrong.

Ronaldo's here until 2009 at least lads, United are in a great position to knock back any bids for him.

They'd be foolish to sell now - His stock is only going to get higher over the next few years.

The Glazers know this. If anyone's going it's Rio.

Unread 10-02-2007, 12:29 PM
42ndstreet irregular

2009 is only 2 years away. I hope he is here long passed that date.

United aren't in any position to knock bids back for him btw

Unread 10-02-2007, 12:30 PM
rebelcountyred

If ronnie was to go, it would be highly unlikely that the glazers would reinvest the money from his sale and anyway who could you buy to replace him, he is the best in the world in his position, hope we don't sell him but i have the feeling this will be his last season with us.

Unread 10-02-2007, 12:44 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
2009 is only 2 years away. I hope he is here long passed that date.

United aren't in any position to knock bids back for him btw
If he does sign a new contract, I reckon it'll only be to renegotiate his wages and maybe a one year extension on his current one. That means by 2009 he'll have 2 more seasons left, which will mean time to cash in because he ain't signing another one is he.

As for your other point, I just don't agree. United won't ever get to a point were we have to sell the likes of Ronaldo or Rooney, and by that I mean emerging world class talent.

Unread 10-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
So, assuming all £47M is given to Fergie to piss up the wall, would you sell him? He's off anyway in a few years at best so we may as well get as much for him as we can.
Who signed Ronaldo, though?

And what the £#%&! are you reading the Sun for, never mind quoting it on here?

Unread 10-02-2007, 01:49 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
As for your other point, I just don't agree. United won't ever get to a point were we have to sell the likes of Ronaldo or Rooney, and by that I mean emerging world class talent.

I hope you are right.

Unread 10-02-2007, 02:05 PM
tatty

It won't really matter what United want. I'm trying to think of a case where a player agitated for a move and didn't get it even when the club had been adamant that no transfer would take place.

If Barca or RM manage to turn his head - and I suspect they've come very close already - then £40m will be seen by the Glazers as easy money especially when the player can be blamed and preservation of 'team spirit' used as a secondary justification.

'We did everything we could to keep him but he was determined to go and tried to poison the dressing room atmosphere'.

Job done.

Unread 10-02-2007, 02:20 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
It won't really matter what United want. I'm trying to think of a case where a player agitated for a move and didn't get it even when the club had been adamant that no transfer would take place.

If Barca or RM manage to turn his head - and I suspect they've come very close already - then £40m will be seen by the Glazers as easy money especially when the player can be blamed and preservation of 'team spirit' used as a secondary justification.

'We did everything we could to keep him but he was determined to go and tried to poison the dressing room atmosphere'.

Job done.
[SIZE=-1]Owen Hargreaves

Unread 10-02-2007, 02:32 PM
burnallbooks

If I owned him, i'd sell him for that.

Unread 10-02-2007, 02:35 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
[SIZE=-1]Owen Hargreaves
I'd say that example will support my argument come summer.

Unread 10-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Filliam H. Muffman

No.
Closed Thread