United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:43 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So as long as you're consistently biased it's ok?
It's not bias you nutcase I don't like Mouronhos style because I don't like stuff like six at the back. So when he does it and I say that's the type of shit I don't like, it's not resorting to a predetermined dislike. It's him doing the stuff I don't like.

This is a bizarre convo.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:43 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
no.

is it really honest not to acknowledge that that was a quality top level game until the red though? there are very few proper football matches (like that was for 35 minutes) between english teams these days.
it was a surprisingly not completely defensive game given the team selected, but it really wasn't that good. if anything, we were in it because the quality was poor.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:45 AM
Alan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Why would I blame the players for the system we set up with?

I've barely criticised Mourinho this season. It's just that when I had it's stood out because nobody else is. Just like last season any defence of Van Gaal stood out because everyone blamed him for everything.

If you're searching for inconsistencies maybe look a little closer to home.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:45 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
We won our first trophy last week you soft c***.
Yeah, but what's the useless @#%&! done this week.

Quote:
And to think I was accused of making excuses.

Should have let me know last season when the standard were so low that the next step was breaking the world transfer record, spending another fortune and then accepting that a mid table side from last year is miles ahead of us.

Utter joke
Calling Chelsea a mid table team as if last year wasn't a fluke shows an agenda.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:48 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
It's not bias you nutcase I don't like Mouronhos style because I don't like stuff like six at the back. So when he does it and I say that's the type of shit I don't like, it's not resorting to a predetermined dislike. It's him doing the stuff I don't like.

This is a bizarre convo.
Or because you don't like, you look for it happening and ignore all else to find it? ....

He's done it twice this season. Each time, arguably understandably.

I seem to remember you saying in the summer that 'he better not do that at home in big games'.

He hasn't done it once in big games. We were attacking against Arsenal, we were waaay too open against city if anything. Spurs game was ugly, but we dominated and certainly weren't negative.

Certainly no more so than subsequent 0-0 draws at home to city and Chelsea the year before.

I think your dislike of José extends to you looking for instances where he's 'negative' to confirm it, while ignoring most other games or anything mitigating circumstances.

It seems quite a shallow way to judge someone, considering how generally thoughtful your opinions on the game are.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:48 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Nobody likes to lose games but sometimes you just have to suck it up.
agreed.
red card was a sickener, but the lads at the back & Rashford gave everything tonight.
Hopefully we'll get some payback when they come to Old Trafford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
but it really wasn't that good. if anything, we were in it because the quality was poor.
yep, other than Hazards turn & run ..followed by the 2 De Gea saves it wasn't anything special.
Their keeper touched the ball once ffs

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:49 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Well yeah, that's kinda my point re your opinion of José in comparison of LVG.....the difference is that you will make excuses for one and not the other. That's because you like one and not the other. Fair enough, but that favouritism/lack of clouds your judgement. What you see as consistency towards a person, I see as a hindrance to judging a game properly. ....... and I think your overall impression of Mourinho is wrong
The key point you're missing is that I don't like or dislike either of them.

I judge both, as I always have done, on their approach to the game. And given Van Gaal is 65 and Mourinho 54 I'm not sure why there'd be much change in the perception of either just because they've been managing United.

If LvG had played six across the back for the third time in a big game it'd have broken my heart

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:50 AM
andyroo

I'd love to pay them back but I can't trust this lot to dish out vengeance. They were suckered by Hazard and Costa's snide tonight. Outsnided.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:50 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Fab and Raf on the wings with O'Shea and Gibson in midfield, and still played attacking football.

How much did we take for granted?
It's like United never played the dull 451 in Europe or turned into a functional and dull team under Fergie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No but you have to cut through the emotion of it and take a look at the bigger picture. Chelsea are better than us at the moment, that is an indisputable fact. They are also a massive bogey team for us.

Going there tonight and playing with 10 men for an hour with Chelsea bang in form and having won about 13 consecutive games at home was about as difficult as it gets in terms of challenges.

Nobody likes to lose games but sometimes you just have to suck it up.
Not to mention they had a full squad and were much fresher.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:53 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Or because you don't like, you look for it happening and ignore all else to find it? ....

I seem to remember you saying in the summer that 'he better not do that at home in big games'.

He hasn't done it once in big games. We were attacking against Arsenal, we were waaay too open against city if anything. Spurs game was ugly, but we dominated and certainly weren't negative.

Certainly no more so than subsequent 0-0 draws at home to city and Chelsea the year before.

I think your dislike of José extends to you looking for instances where he's 'negative' to confirm it, while ignoring most other games or anything mitigating circumstances.

It seems quite a shallow way to judge someone, considering how generally thoughtful your opinions on the game are.
You understand him doing it. I don't. Like I said to Tronics it's really just a matter of opinion. I never want to see it. We have been quite ropey for a while now in terms of performance level but I've not been going after the manager. But pulling out the 7-man defence is too much.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:54 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

considering how generally thoughtful your opinions on the game are.

he's got a £#%&!ing AGENDA....end of

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:55 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
agreed.
red card was a sickener, but the lads at the back & Rashford gave everything tonight.
Hopefully we'll get some payback when they come to Old Trafford.

yep, other than Hazards turn & run ..followed by the 2 De Gea saves it wasn't anything special.
Their keeper touched the ball once ffs
yep; should be able to hold them to a draw mate, nqat

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:55 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

It's quite clear that mourinho wants to build a proper United team and win the United way.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:57 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:

I judge both, as I always have done, on their approach to the game. And given Van Gaal is 65 and Mourinho 54 I'm not sure why there'd be much change in the perception of either just because they've been managing United.

If LvG had played six across the back for the third time in a big game it'd have broken my heart
The key point is that you don't like/dislike them? As opposed to liking/disliking their STYLE ?

THAT is the key point? That's the same point, just reworded

Ok. Replace my use of 'like' with 'like their approach'.

That's my issue though: not that you're judging what you're seeing in front of you, but the person and their perceived approach.

And managers do change. Fergie did. He became more pragmatic between the ages of 65 and 70.

José has already spoken of adapting his style a bit because of the demands of the club when explaining his retention of Juan Mata.

He's also been different at different clubs. Again, because of the demands. He can afford to be more cynical with Chelsea, more negative with underdogs Porto, but at Madrid and United, it's different.

Contrary to your approach of not liking a managers style, I'm watching Manchester United and reserving judgement until I see what I see. So far, I haven't seen anything particularly negative except for circumstances where I can at least understand it. I'm yet to see us set up to 'park the bus' at Old Trafford, as you feared we would.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:58 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

I judge both, as I always have done, on their approach to the game.
So you're a fan of an approach that was lucky to produce 5 or 6 chances in a game, managed by a manager who seemed quite boastful if we managed to create that many chances, but hate the approach where we have created 30 clear chances in a game at times this season?

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:59 AM
Cream

Good interview, pretty measured (for him). Chelsea fans calling him Judas.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:00 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
no.

is it really honest not to acknowledge that that was a quality top level game until the red though? there are very few proper football matches (like that was for 35 minutes) between english teams these days.
Acknowledged.

We did kind of ask for it though, with the systematic fouling of Hazard. Herrera was dumb to do it straight after Jones was booked and while he was already on a yellow himself. And as you say, it made a tough enough job even harder.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:00 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
You understand him doing it. I don't. Like I said to Tronics it's really just a matter of opinion. I never want to see it. We have been quite ropey for a while now in terms of performance level but I've not been going after the manager. But pulling out the 7-man defence is too much.
You've replied to literally one sentence of a quoted post.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:10 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
The key point is that you don't like/dislike them? As opposed to liking/disliking their STYLE ?

THAT is the key point? That's the same point, just reworded

Ok. Replace my use of 'like' with 'like their approach'.

That's my issue though: not that you're judging what you're seeing in front of you, but the person and their perceived approach.

And managers do change. Fergie did. He became more pragmatic between the ages of 65 and 70.

José has already spoken of adapting his style a bit because of the demands of the club when explaining his retention of Juan Mata.

He's also been different at different clubs. Again, because of the demands. He can afford to be more cynical with Chelsea, more negative with underdogs Porto, but at Madrid and United, it's different.

Contrary to your approach of not liking a managers style, I'm watching Manchester United and reserving judgement until I see what I see. So far, I haven't seen anything particularly negative except for circumstances where I can at least understand it. I'm yet to see us set up to 'park the bus' at Old Trafford, as you feared we would.
I'm not judging what I'm seeing in front of me? Ok now your argument is making more sense to me. Before you were telling me that what I was seeing was acceptable or understandable. NoW you're telling me it didn't happen.

Unfortunately I did see six across the back and playing for a 1-0 defeat second half.

Like I say, if you are cool with that then fine. My only dispute is you suggesting my not liking it is inconsistency. I have never liked it and never will. You do your own ting pal.

Quote:
You've replied to literally one sentence of a quoted post.
Believe it or not I'm walking and typing. I think I'm doing well tbh

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:11 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
https://youtu.be/UuRktR3b84Q

Good interview, pretty measured (for him). Chelsea fans calling him Judas.
I think the chelsea fans laughably calling their most successful manager ever a "judas" would do better to question the commitment of their team last season and the way they just downed tools. It's certainly only a matter of time before golden boy/flavour of the month Conte hits a bad patch and that psychopath in the boardroom axes him too.

Oh and another thing....Luis Suarez aside - Diego Costa is the most disgusting, conniving cheat in football.