United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Who exactly?
Would be churlish to name names.

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Guarantee if we concede that goal with Jones and Smalling on the pitch, nobody on this board claims it's Dave's fault.

I'd like to submit a kajillion "we only have a decent defensive record because of Dave" posts as evidence m'lud.
I remember Maguire’s equaliser on Christmas Eve and Dave got stick for not coming off his line with Smalling and Jones at centre back tbf.

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:37 PM
My Name is Keith

2nd half was decent - enjoyed it in the end but we need to stop sitting back so much and we’ve got to be loads better with the ball. We can’t seem, or don’t want, to retain it at all. Sanchez was really really shit but it’s still early days.

Pogz was probs mom and I thought Fred and Bailly were good.

Not quite as gloomy as expected but I still think we’ll be some way behind city and Liverpool unless we exponentially improve.

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:40 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I remember Maguire’s equaliser on Christmas Eve and Dave got stick for not coming off his line with Smalling and Jones at centre back tbf.
He so rarely comes off his line, there was even one in the first half today when a ball was played down the Utd left channel, Fred shepherding it back, or so he thought, turned around waiting for a shout, to see De Gea coming and he is standing on his line observing. Ended up hooking it down the line back to Leicester. Small moment, not an obvious mistake but the type of passivity that can build pressure and make the defenders nervous.

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:41 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Lindelof also had a pretty solid game, never really got started last season, Mou should give his pair a run at the back. Might be a little vulnerable in the air but trust them and see where it goes. Dumping Darmian will be a massive help, get Tony V or Young in there as soon as.

Shaw needs a run, take that confidence and go with it.

This.

That's the pairing we want to work, so play it. Same with Shaw. They're not gonna be magically perfect straight away, but they were all promising and there are phases they need to be trusted through

A lot of these lads need some faith and we need some patience

Except Darmian. He can £#%&! off.

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:42 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
He so rarely comes off his line, there was even one in the first half today when a ball was played down the Utd left channel, Fred shepherding it back, or so he thought, turned around waiting for a shout, to see De Gea coming and he is standing on his line observing. Ended up hooking it down the line back to Leicester. Small moment, not an obvious mistake but the type of passivity that can build pressure and make the defenders nervous.

Clear flaw in his game imo. He needs to come and take charge more. Rooted to his line far too often.

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:44 PM
Ethers

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:44 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Clear flaw in his game imo. He needs to come and take charge more. Rooted to his line far too often.
He's always been like that and he's improved slightly over the years but I still shit myself every time we concede a set peice

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:47 PM
suedeshoes

Peak Mourinho. Shit but won.

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:49 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
He's always been like that and he's improved slightly over the years but I still shit myself every time we concede a set peice
We aren’t going to sit here picking holes in our best player’s game, right?

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Denis Irwell

Missed the first 30 but mf moved the ball much better than last season. Pogba immense and Pereira looking decent. Has the making of best mf for years, just need an experienced cb to babysit Bailly rashness/otherwise excellence - possibly in a 3. Hope this Dalot lad is decent cos we desperately need some improvement down the right.

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Peak Mourinho. Shit but won.
We weren't "shit" by a considerable stretch.

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
We aren’t going to sit here picking holes in our best player’s game, right?
Slight criticism that's all

Unread 10-08-2018, 11:07 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

fully deserved win.

up the reds

Unread 10-08-2018, 11:09 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Good result

No doubt a few will be disappointed we won
Sad but true!

Unread 10-08-2018, 11:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Slight criticism that's all
Its been the major "flaw" in his game from the beginning.

Unread 10-08-2018, 11:27 PM
dunk

Well that bodes well..

Unread 11-08-2018, 12:18 AM
Pop

Just love a slapped arse

Unread 11-08-2018, 12:25 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He didn’t exactly celebrate the goal much did he

Unread 11-08-2018, 12:40 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He didn’t exactly celebrate the goal much did he
If he had there's a good few on here would've been moaning like £#%&! about showboating ponies etc