United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 19-09-2007, 09:44 AM
El Calafate

Default Queiroz considers leaving Utd

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/7002203.stm

Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz has hinted that he is considering leaving the club.
The 54-year-old is in his second spell as assistant to Sir Alex Ferguson, having rejoined the club in 2004.

But Queiroz told The Sun: "I need to reflect on what I want to do in this last part of my career.

"In December I'm going to stop and think about myself. My contract is perpetual and caters for various options but I have only one life."

Queiroz was Ferguson's number two from June 2002 until he left to become manager of Real Madrid in June 2003.

However, he was sacked as manager of the Spanish club in May 2004 and returned to Old Trafford in the summer of the same year.

"I am going to think about him and go for the route that makes me most happy," he added.

"I read Sir Alex said that one day he would like me to be United's main coach. That is one reason I am in this project but I'm not desperate about it.

"In your personal and professional life you always have more ambitions."

nft.

Unread 19-09-2007, 09:55 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
I read Sir Alex said that one day he would like me to be United's main coach.

Unread 19-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/7002203.stm

Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz has hinted that he is considering leaving the club.
The 54-year-old is in his second spell as assistant to Sir Alex Ferguson, having rejoined the club in 2004.

But Queiroz told The Sun: "I need to reflect on what I want to do in this last part of my career.

"In December I'm going to stop and think about myself. My contract is perpetual and caters for various options but I have only one life."

Queiroz was Ferguson's number two from June 2002 until he left to become manager of Real Madrid in June 2003.

However, he was sacked as manager of the Spanish club in May 2004 and returned to Old Trafford in the summer of the same year.

"I am going to think about him and go for the route that makes me most happy," he added.

"I read Sir Alex said that one day he would like me to be United's main coach. That is one reason I am in this project but I'm not desperate about it.

"In your personal and professional life you always have more ambitions."

nft.
Cheeky c***

To be fair he'll have quite the influence in the dressing room with the Portuguese, obviously, and he's made some very nice statements about playing with flair & it being an important part of our philosophy. If Fergie moves upstairs he'd not have the pressure hanging over him that someone with no connection to the team would.

If you're looking for a sacraficial lamb to pick up where Fergie leaves off it could be worse.

Plus it gives Roy more time to get his shit together & stop signing shite
Closed Thread