United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 27-09-2022, 04:27 PM
est.1878

Ngl just had a moment when considered putting the little oil heator on. Resisted and shorts are still on

Temporary moment of weakness. Hold strong brothers

Unread 27-09-2022, 05:16 PM
windy waffles

Put the log burner on for the first time last night.

Heaven.

Unread 28-09-2022, 08:30 AM
est.1878

Car says 3.5 degrees.

Hold. The. Line.

Unread 28-09-2022, 08:33 AM
Patty_b

Staying strong. Determined that the thermostat will not be fiddled with this year. A flat 10 degrees all winter is acheivable.

Hat and gloves outside for the dog walk this morning though.

Unread 28-09-2022, 08:49 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles View Post
Put the log burner on for the first time last night.

Heaven.
I had mine on at the weekend, the cost of firewood has rocketed.

Unread 28-09-2022, 09:12 AM
Poop

Rang for some heating oil yesterday, 1000 litres, usually gets me through most of the winter, cost just under 700 this time last year.

1350 quoted. f*** off, I'd rather sit in the f***ing cold

Unread 28-09-2022, 09:26 AM
Whip Hubley

bled the system this morning, one of the most satisfying jobs in life. fired the old bird up.

1hr a morning from November, max. Maybe an hour in the afternoon come december. Wife under strict instructions not to mess with

a) the timeclock
b) the room stats

both punishable by removing power from the system. you've got to be cruel to be kind.

Unread 28-09-2022, 09:31 AM
Zorg

Never

Unread 28-09-2022, 10:46 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Got two tonne just before the prices went mental. Probably the only financial decision I've got right in the past few years.

Unread 28-09-2022, 12:06 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Got two tonne just before the prices went mental. Probably the only financial decision I've got right in the past few years.
You bought two tons of wood?

Unread 28-09-2022, 12:08 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
You bought two tons of wood?
Fire wood, yes.

Unread 28-09-2022, 12:13 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Fire wood, yes.
googled it. Doesn't look as big as I imagined Still a lot of wood though, do you have to keep that at home?

All this is pretty alien to me btw. i stood outside earlier with a colleague and we both agreed that the weather is cooling down nicely. It was 38 degrees

Unread 28-09-2022, 12:19 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
googled it. Doesn't look as big as I imagined Still a lot of wood though, do you have to keep that at home?

All this is pretty alien to me btw. i stood outside earlier with a colleague and we both agreed that the weather is cooling down nicely. It was 38 degrees
Exact same thing I thought

Saw a ton bag outside a house round the corner, thought it definitely wont be enough so ordered two. Didn't look that much when it was delivered either so told them to just drop them both at the end of the drive.

Took me f***ing hours to transfer them from the bags, down the the drive and into the garage. I can barely get the f***ing door open now.

The guy that dropped them off must've been pissing himself as he drove away.

Unread 28-09-2022, 12:26 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

Yeah but you live in an Arabic shithole, weather might be good, but everything else is shite. Would rather be cold than where you are. Know you have to make a living, but don't lord it up, you're nowhere special.

Unread 28-09-2022, 12:28 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Yeah usually buy a shit load in bulk for about 120 which a guy drops on my driveway and I then send 3 hours moving in to my log store. Most one of the ones I have are too big so can't use them so had to pop the garage to buy 2 bags of kindling and 2 bags of logs. 30.

Still, cheaper than turning on the gas...

Unread 28-09-2022, 12:38 PM
Billy Bigb*****

Quote:
Yeah usually buy a shit load in bulk for about 120 which a guy drops on my driveway and I then send 3 hours moving in to my log store. Most one of the ones I have are too big so can't use them so had to pop the garage to buy 2 bags of kindling and 2 bags of logs. 30.

Invest in an axe

Unread 28-09-2022, 12:39 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Do you even have heating in apartments over there? I presume so just in case... how is it powered? Gas? Solar?

Unread 28-09-2022, 12:41 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigb***** View Post
Invest in an axe
I am not a lumberjack pal. Would also end up cutting my leg off. I did buy a chainsaw from Toolstation but the mrs told me to take it back as I would end up killing myself.

Looking to buying a wood splitter but cant find anything decent.

Unread 28-09-2022, 12:47 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

All electric in my apartment, would love a wood burner again. Buy an axe, used to spend half my weekend 'wood gathering', sounds shit but I would actually enjoy it. Still today when I'm out and about if I see a good log I'm like....

f*** knows why I didn't get a gaff with a fire place/wood burner

Unread 28-09-2022, 12:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Got a wood burner, but it only really heats up the room it's in..... And for me it heats it up too much ?

I know I know.....

Anyway, wood is free from Asda / other big 6...

Just pick it up from the outside shelter / stack on the way to the car....