United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 14-09-2022, 08:15 AM
Patty_b

Default Stupid situations that almost ended in a fight.

Couple of years back almost ended up in a 1 v 3 scrap while bird watching with three other bird watchers. Thankfully my wife de-escalated the situation before it got physical.

Have you ever almost ended up in a fight for stupid reasons, or from an unlikely scenario?

Unread 14-09-2022, 08:18 AM
Drexl

Once nearly got into a fight because a guy asked me for a light, and as he was asking, his cig fell out of his mouth and fell into the pint he was holding in his fist.

I cried laughing, which obvs upset him. So I apologised. Explained how it was funny. Then I held up my lighter, flicked the flame on, and he put a cig to it and inhaled, but the cig was the wrong way round and he burnt the filter

Unread 14-09-2022, 08:39 AM
dinger

Was the guy Mr Bean?

Unread 14-09-2022, 08:42 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger View Post
Was the guy Mr Bean?
Just a random drunk. He was a meaty lad tbf, but luckily he offered me out, walked out the fire exit, pushing the doors open, slam, and I closed them again behind him

Unread 14-09-2022, 08:44 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Couple of years back almost ended up in a 1 v 3 scrap while bird watching with three other bird watchers. Thankfully my wife de-escalated the situation before it got physical.

Have you ever almost ended up in a fight for stupid reasons, or from an unlikely scenario?

Unread 14-09-2022, 08:45 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
Just a random drunk. He was a meaty lad tbf, but luckily he offered me out, walked out the fire exit, pushing the doors open, slam, and I closed them again behind him

Unread 14-09-2022, 08:50 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

Reminds me of when I saw someone I recognised at Weatherspoons on a night out, so I pointed at them and cheered. He started striding towards me looking a bit angry. Realised that it was the brother of my nutcase ex. He had two bottles of beer, squared up to me and told me he was going to bang me out, then my two mates. I put my hands behind my back and told him to proceed. He said he was going to. That carried on two or three more times before two bouncers appeared from nowhere, grabbed him from behind and started to drag him to the back door. He was tried to finish the two bottles he had in his hands on the way out, but couldn't get them to his mouth while the bouncers had hold of him, so he ended up pouring them both over his face instead. That was fun.

Unread 14-09-2022, 08:54 AM
Poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post

Unread 14-09-2022, 08:54 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post

Reminds me of when I saw someone I recognised at Weatherspoons on a night out, so I pointed at them and cheered. He started striding towards me looking a bit angry. Realised that it was the brother of my nutcase ex. He had two bottles of beer, squared up to me and told me he was going to bang me out, then my two mates. I put my hands behind my back and told him to proceed. He said he was going to. That carried on two or three more times before two bouncers appeared from nowhere, grabbed him from behind and started to drag him to the back door. He was tried to finish the two bottles he had in his hands on the way out, but couldn't get them to his mouth while the bouncers had hold of him, so he ended up pouring them both over his face instead. That was fun.

Unread 14-09-2022, 10:33 AM
Tory Dave

Under a now banned user name, I was insulted by a poster on here which resulted in a few angry PMs. More insults were thrown between us, arrangements were tentatively arranged to meet at Kendal Services for a straightener. The said poster only however agreed to meet between 3 and 5am.

The poster in question...

Patty_B

Unread 14-09-2022, 10:36 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave View Post
Under a now banned user name, I was insulted by a poster on here which resulted in a few angry PMs. More insults were thrown between us, arrangements were tentatively arranged to meet at Kendal Services for a straightener. The said poster only however agreed to meet between 3 and 5am.

The poster in question...

Patty_B

Unread 14-09-2022, 10:38 AM
silv

I once rode around the village hall car park on Christmas day on my brothers petrol mini scooter he got for Christmas. Some local drunk came and without warning punched me straight off the thing.

Unread 14-09-2022, 11:24 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
He's half right. He PM'd me offering me out, I named a time and a place and he shat it and then got himself banned. At least he doesn't carry the shame around with him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post

Went to find a Short-eared Owl chick that had been spotted, when we got there there were three selfish p****s had jumped the fence off the public path and were trudging into the woods right below where the nest was to get as close as possible. Chick was sounding an alarm call and it's parent wouldn't return while they were there. I shouted a sarcastic "the path's over here lads..". They came back and one of them started squaring up to me, kept telling me he was from Burnley for some reason, and I kept calling him a selfish, disrespectful c***. Then he said he was going to knock me out and throw me over the fence. I laughed (because he was f***ing tiny) and started taking off my camera gear, and that's when Lou decided that it was time to save him from himself and split us up.

Minutes after they left the chick came out from the nest onto the edge of the tree line and I got a better shot than any of them by being slightly more patient and not a selfish p****.

Unread 14-09-2022, 11:32 AM
armchair

At a street festival years ago, I had a verbal altercation that had been de-escalated by the guy's girlfriend dragging him away. Then as he was still within shouting distance I shouted "Yeah go home and get your dress."

He nearly put me through a window.

Unread 14-09-2022, 11:37 AM
Drexl

Unread 14-09-2022, 12:21 PM
shenwen

At least once a week. When living in Beijing it was practically daily.

A short temper paired with people doing unbelievably stupid things in everyday life is not the best combination.

Unread 14-09-2022, 01:34 PM
guerreiro

Went to a a wedding in Perth and decided to stay in a hostel for nostalgia (backpacked years before), I came back absolutely steaming and there was 2 groups standing off each other waiting to kick off. I walked through the middle of them and went to my room.

Noticed a mattress had been nicked from the room (there was plenty of others) so went back outside outside and said “which of you f***ing hippy c***s has nicked my mattress (wasn’t mine and didn’t matter)”. I just thought it was funny to call them hippies.

Either way, it seemed to unite the warring parties and I got rained on by both sides. Didn’t hurt in the slightest, but had to show up to the wedding with black eyes, cuts and bruises all over.

Unread 14-09-2022, 03:03 PM
Poop

Neighbour was painting his second floor window sills a while back and asked me if I'd hold the ladder for him. I told him I'd pop up and give them a slap of the brush, ten minutes each one.

Oh no no no, very kind, I can do it though.

Are you sure, it no problem?

Basically there was a bit of neighbourly toing and froing in that manner until he inexplicably snapped and told he's capable of painting his own f***ing windows and I could f*** off and he'll do the ladder himself. I thought he was joking and laughed it off then he got really hot headed accusing me of accusing him of being useless and all sorts. Then I ended up telling him to f*** off and told him I always thought he was a ****er and hope he breaks his f***ing neck in front of his inbred children, etc, etc, etc.

We don't talk anymore, the f***ing d***. We've been scowling and muttering obscenities to eachother's backs when we pass on the street for the last few years now.

c***.

Unread 14-09-2022, 03:08 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
Neighbour was painting his second floor window sills a while back and asked me if I'd hold the ladder for him. I told him I'd pop up and give them a slap of the brush, ten minutes each one.

Basically there was a bit of neighbourly toing and froing in that manner until he inexplicably snapped and told he's capable of painting his own f***ing windows and I could f*** off and he'll do the ladder himself. I thought he was joking and laughed it off then he got really hot headed accusing me of accusing him of being useless and all sorts. Then I ended up telling him to f*** off and told him I always thought he was a ****er and hope he breaks his f***ing neck in front of his inbred children, etc, etc, etc.

We don't talk anymore, the f***ing d***. We've been scowling and muttering obscenities to eachother's backs when we pass on the street for the last few years now.

c***.

This has done me

Unread 14-09-2022, 03:16 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post

c***.
You never fail to deliver pal