United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Unread 18-08-2022, 12:08 PM
Drexl

Default I've just eaten a disgusting combo

...a bag of salt and vinegar square crisps and a fistfull of peanut M&M's AT THE SAME TIME

Any other decadent pigs out there eating stuff they shouldn't be and will go on to later regret?

Unread 18-08-2022, 12:11 PM
tatty

I sometimes have caviar (Waitrose) on top of frazzles.

Amazing combination.

Unread 18-08-2022, 12:18 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I sometimes have caviar (Waitrose) on top of frazzles.

Amazing combination.
That sounds ridiculously amazing

Unread 18-08-2022, 12:26 PM
Poop

Had Lindt orange chocolate and a bag of beef flavour monster munch washed down with Koppaberg strawberry and lime cider the other night.

Was bloody lovely tbh.

Unread 18-08-2022, 12:28 PM
Drexl

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Had Lindt orange chocolate and a bag of beef flavour monster munch washed down with Koppaberg strawberry and lime cider the other night.

Was bloody lovely tbh.
The Holy Trinity right there

Unread 18-08-2022, 12:53 PM
Street Magician

Polish garlic sausage, pickled red cabbage, frenches mustard on a tiger roll. Sounds awful but quite nice. Washed down with some m&s mountain water which tasted the same as poops piss I imagine.

Unread 18-08-2022, 01:12 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Magician
Polish garlic sausage, pickled red cabbage, frenches mustard on a tiger roll. Sounds awful but quite nice. Washed down with some m&s mountain water which tasted the same as poops piss I imagine.
That actually sounds like a legitimate "thing" that you'd get at a European street carnival or something Well played, sir!

Unread 21-08-2022, 10:51 AM
Drexl

I've just used a slice (two actually) of Terry's chocolate orange as a spoon to eat some strawberry yoghurt

#breakfastofchampions

Off for a 10 mile walk now

Unread 21-08-2022, 11:02 AM
Poop

Last night I had sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella balls, red & yellow peppers stuffed with cream cheese with a little olive oil drizzled over them. Nothing wrong with that.

Then I decided to pour thick hot oxtail soup over the lot and washed it all down with an ice cold pint of Bulmers

Tasted..... unusual to say the least

Unread 21-08-2022, 11:06 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Last night I had sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella balls, red & yellow peppers stuffed with cream cheese with a little olive oil drizzled over them. Nothing wrong with that.

Then I decided to pour thick hot oxtail soup over the lot and washed it all down with an ice cold pint of Bulmers

that has given me PTSD. well played sir

Unread 21-08-2022, 11:22 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

Scar on acid...

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:32 PM
Poop

My dementia stricken uncle used to plate up some monstrosities. He was a life long bachelor, always jolly, didn't give a f*** about anything type, you all know one.

He had this thing about jam, put it on everything and whatever he had in the fridge used to go straight in the frying pan too, all at once.

Nothing out of the ordinary to see him tucking into cabbage with bovril spread on it or chicken with a side helping of strawberry jam.

The frying pan, you would turn green at the sights and smells in his house. He'd have fish on it, with the pan all dirty and crispy black bits in it, then he'd chuck lumps of turnip on it, bit of mushroom soup, couple of chocolate digestive biscuits and maybe top it off with half a pound of sausages a day or two passed their use by date. And he'd delight in telling people too, "jaysus do you know what I had for my dinner today? And it was lovely too.... I had a tin of sardines and I mixed them in with a bowl of corn flakes and poured chocolate milk on them. They were lovely, and I'm going to have the same tomorrow".

Etc....

Unread 21-08-2022, 01:16 PM
redhegemony

A nurse colleague of the missus who was a spinster used to deep fry peas . She was Irish.

Unread 21-08-2022, 01:25 PM
believe

Ended up just me and grandad at the caravan one weekend. I was about 15 and he’d never cooked a meal in the 15 years I’d known him.

Passing by with my mates he shouts out “teas going to be at five don’t be late” I asked what were having and he said fish and chips.

Makes sure I’m back for five and sits down at the dining table. He passed me a plate full of chips (bang on tbf there was still lard dripping from the ceiling) and I asked him where the fish was. He goes “hang on ffs” opens a tin of tuna and plonks it on top of my chips.

He wasn’t lying tbf

Unread 21-08-2022, 01:56 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
A nurse colleague of the missus who was a spinster used to deep fry peas . She was Irish.
That’s how everyone has done them over here since the ceasefires of the 1990s. Deep frying is integral to the peas process.

Unread 21-08-2022, 02:08 PM
NedKelly

Nowhere near as grim as some of the others on this thread but I love eating either prawn cocktail or cheese and onion crisps with chocolate. A few crisps at a time, then a little piece of chocolate. Rinse and repeat. Lovely.

Quote:

Was bloody lovely tbh.
Holy shit I thought I was the only one!! Will try this combo soon and report back.

Unread 21-08-2022, 02:42 PM
Drexl

Square crisps and maltesers are a smashing combo tbf.

I've been having peanut butter and marmalade on toast recently. Quite nice imo

Unread 21-08-2022, 03:02 PM
Poop

Crisps (cheese & onion only) and plain chocolate have always been amazing together.

Tayto cottoned onto it a few years back, amazing stuff.