Unread 17-08-2022, 06:15 PM
silv

I’ll be following whatever Sapien thinks on this one

Proved to be shrewder than the shrewdest shrew in Shrewsbury

Unread 17-08-2022, 06:19 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
So? They can flog all the second class shares and 40% of the first class shares and still maintain full control of the club. The minor inconvenience of no CL football means a far lower wage bill. The debt servicing is around 7-9% of annual revenue, so still won’t hurt much at even three times that much. They’re still leeching directors fees and dividends every year so will only sell when they cannot maintain that.

It’s only once they’ve sold a significant wedge of shares, enough to make dividend payments a lot less attractive to them, that they’d potentially sell up, even then they’d probably flog a couple of players and pocket the proceeds.
Few more years (by few .. 5-10) of this and there won't be that big a gap between our revenues and teams like West Ham/Newcastle. Chelsea/Liverpool already right on coat tails and probably pass this season .. Spurs not far behind. 500 mil debt & literally no playing assets (I mean do we have a single player who'd fetch more than 40 mil now? Bruno maybe??) won't make the proposition of holding the club too pretty then. More than half the contracts on the books likely shape up similar to underwater mortgages .. we'd need to pay the likes of Ronaldo + DDG to leave

Unread 17-08-2022, 06:22 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Few more years (by few .. 5-10) of this and there won't be that big a gap between our revenues and teams like West Ham/Newcastle. Chelsea/Liverpool already right on coat tails .. Spurs not far behind. 500 mil debt & literally no playing assets (I mean do we have a single player who'd fetch more than 40 mil now? Bruno maybe??) won't make the proposition of holding the club too pretty then.
Probably not but 75k through the turnstiles each week still looks attractive to sponsors. Open letters to sponsors threatening boycotts, etc. would get them moving.

Unread 17-08-2022, 06:25 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Probably not but 75k through the turnstiles each week still looks attractive to sponsors. Open letters to sponsors threatening boycotts, etc. would get them moving.
So what. Newcastle take in c. 55k too and went for what, 300 mil? When the rug gets pulled it can really get pulled given they're talking 4 bil now and whoever comes in pretty much has to rebuild the entire squad from scratch to be title-winning-competitive. Liverpool US owners basically had the club taken off them by the bank for next to nothing before the current ones came in. Glazers will know all this. The books and growth are both looking ugly.

Unread 17-08-2022, 06:33 PM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
what difference will this make?

none.

these investors will not be putting anything into the club, just more $ into the pockets of the glazers.

"it could happen"? f*** off.
For once, I am with Jem

Unread 17-08-2022, 06:39 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

You don't need to spend mad money. Liverpool + Leicester won titles with net spend of about 10-20 mil a year over the 5 year + periods they built their squads recently. Our net spend same period .. past 600 mil . Keep hammering it .. yes the club will be owner by different 'investors' but the key is getting someone in who can actually operationally manage a football club. Everyone will look to skimp off the top, nature of a business, but some will at the same time fruitfully push the club forward not bind it in the mud.

Unread 17-08-2022, 06:41 PM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
what difference will this make?

none.

these investors will not be putting anything into the club, just more $ into the pockets of the glazers.

"it could happen"? f*** off.
For once, I am with Jem

Unread 17-08-2022, 06:51 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief
For once, I am with Jem
Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief
For once, I am with Jem
You can say that again.

Unread 17-08-2022, 07:00 PM
Pop

Probably end up selling to Mike Ashley.

Unread 17-08-2022, 07:04 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Hard nosed businessmen who are universally appreciated as being only in it for the money wouldn't "give a £#%&!" about potentially losing a billion off the value of their asset? Yeah, going to have to disagree with the logic on that one. More likely a bench of sloppy lads hoisting green and gold before going home for dinner would make them sell than the financials falling apart from underneath them then
they won't sell because of green and gold or financials falling apart from underneath them - they don't care about the former and the latter won't happen.

they are milking their asset without putting anything at risk or any thought into it. they and their placemen know nothing about football, but they do know that a bit of structuring sends money into their pockets.

they are letting the club spend a fair amount of money (mostly wasted, because the people spending it know £#%&! all about football). it's not that they are starving the club because they don't care about increasing the value by a couple of billion.

they are not under any financial pressure, though, because it is all £#%&!ing cream for them. only the club could be under financial pressure.

Unread 17-08-2022, 07:16 PM
Joe Biden

Once the club becomes so toxic sponsors start pulling out that will be the end game.

Unread 17-08-2022, 07:18 PM
Vedder

Unread 17-08-2022, 07:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 17-08-2022, 07:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Jim is a top red, an Engineer from Ratcliffe...

Get him in, I'm ready, Dissolve Monaco aswell, fire it all on the reds.... Become the king

Unread 17-08-2022, 07:29 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Jim is a top red, an Engineer from Ratcliffe...

Get him in, I'm ready, Dissolve Monaco aswell, fire it all on the reds.... Become the king

Bring on Monday.

Unread 17-08-2022, 07:30 PM
AK14

I’ve had a feeling something could be up since that late Chelsea bid and subsequent interview where he was directly asked about United

Then this summer something changed…

This really is it!

Unread 17-08-2022, 07:30 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Bring on Monday.
Stahhhhhhhppp

I'm ready ..

Unread 17-08-2022, 07:35 PM
Joe Biden

Vamos jimbo!

Unread 17-08-2022, 07:41 PM
tatty

Not sure Jim’s net worth is quite there.

Unread 17-08-2022, 07:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Holy shit!

Closed Thread