United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2023, 02:54 AM
Denis Irwell

Awfu. Slow. Predictable. Doesn’t even look up but defaults to Martinez or full back. Our front players are slow to get into the box but little wonder there’s no movement when they see who is in possession.

Unread 20-03-2023, 07:34 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
little wonder there’s no movement when they see who is in possession.
well thats just £#%&!ing lazy.

Unread 20-03-2023, 07:55 AM
The taste of...

Were those his kids who walked out with him? What was that all about?

Has he been told it’s the last time he’ll do it?

Unread 20-03-2023, 08:01 AM
Coracao

As much as he is a big lumbersome oaf, the midfield of McTomminay and Sabitzer didn't really do him any favours yesterday. Neither put themselves in a position to receive the ball anywhere near enough. There was often a big gap between the two of them as well. One of the reasons we had no real control of the game is the central midfield had so little involvement.

I was having a look at some stats during the game yesterday and circa 60-65 minutes in - Sabitzer had completed 11 passes (15 attempted). McT has completed 16 (19 attempted).

As a frame of reference, De Gea had completed 15 of 16

They do not seem a good pairing, as neither really look to get on the ball often enough.

(Bruno wasn't helping things either tbf 15/27. But at least he gets on the ball and attempts to make something happen).

Unread 20-03-2023, 08:28 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
well thats just £#%&!ing lazy.
Maybe in som instances but if you are Rashford, you’re not going to be straining at the leash when you know full well the ball is going to Shaw, awb,
Licha or Ddg with Maguire in possession. Even if he does show any forward intention, by the time he actually executes the move, it’s too late and the oppo have it covered. Better off with Lindelof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
As much as he is a big lumbersome oaf, the midfield of McTomminay and Sabitzer didn't really do him any favours yesterday. Neither put themselves in a position to receive the ball anywhere near enough. There was often a big gap between the two of them as well. One of the reasons we had no real control of the game is the central midfield had so little involvement.

I was having a look at some stats during the game yesterday and circa 60-65 minutes in - Sabitzer had completed 11 passes (15 attempted). McT has completed 16 (19 attempted).

As a frame of reference, De Gea had completed 15 of 16

They do not seem a good pairing, as neither really look to get on the ball often enough.

(Bruno wasn't helping things either tbf 15/27. But at least he gets on the ball and attempts to make something happen).
Tbf, it was partially true yesterday as it was last season but he’s hardly any different when he has support

Unread 25-03-2023, 09:42 AM
Ethers

Unread 25-03-2023, 09:43 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Or you get selected for the easier games against lower league opposition in the cups.

Can’t wait til he leaves .

Unread 25-03-2023, 09:52 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
“My influence” I don’t even have the energy to go deep into this but he’s a joke. When he plays and we win, it’s despite him, not because of him.

Unread 25-03-2023, 09:59 AM
Chris Quayd

If he was able to display the same confidence on the pitch that he does off the pitch I’d have much more time for him but he shrinks on the ball and just can’t handle the stage, utter bluffer

Unread 25-03-2023, 10:18 AM
Stickman

Genuinely think he’s just selling himself for his inevitable summer transfer.

Unread 25-03-2023, 10:21 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Genuinely think he’s just selling himself for his inevitable summer transfer.
Yep. He can't just come out and say "yeah i'm a joke figure with a huge head and witch's nose. I'm £#%&!ing shit. Really i should just kill myself".

Unread 25-03-2023, 10:22 AM
Bunker Buster

Loads of quotes on him today, it's obviously his PR consultant laying grounds for a move, whilst the international games are on ...

"I'm England's highest scoring centre back" are you mate,yeah ?

Any reason why you turn like the QE2 ?

Unread 25-03-2023, 10:26 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Yep. He can't just come out and say "yeah i'm a joke figure with a huge head and witch's nose. I'm £#%&!ing shit. Really i should just kill myself".
Why not?

Unread 25-03-2023, 11:02 AM
Pop

That has to be a made up quote, surely.

My influence ffs.

Unread 25-03-2023, 11:07 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

My influence ffs.
He’s conflating playing at this level with proving himself at this level

“I’m nearly 30 but I shouldn’t need to prove myself at this level,” he said.

“I’ve made over 50 caps and I’m England’s top-scoring defender. I’ve played nearly 200 times for Manchester United, I’ve captained the club for three years but I also understand that when you are the captain of Manchester United you come under the most scrutiny.”

Unread 25-03-2023, 11:23 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
He’s conflating playing at this level with proving himself at this level

“I’m nearly 30 but I shouldn’t need to prove myself at this level,” he said.

“I’ve made over 50 caps and I’m England’s top-scoring defender. I’ve played nearly 200 times for Manchester United, I’ve captained the club for three years but I also understand that when you are the captain of Manchester United you come under the most scrutiny.”
I’ve been captain for years…..yes, overseeing the most barren run and some of the worst results. You’ve done it badly.

Unread 25-03-2023, 11:32 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

My influence ffs.
"People say 'Oh, you're the best boss'...And I go, you know, ‘C’est la vie.’ If that’s true – excellent."

Unread 25-03-2023, 12:07 PM
Bunker Buster

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/8...97e1ca 058b5f

Full interview....

It's incredible...

Unread 25-03-2023, 12:14 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Maguire always eats lasagne the night before a game, and Italy delivered: “I had lasagne here, in the hotel, it was brilliant.”
This has done me

Unread 25-03-2023, 12:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
This has done me
I thought you ‘Martialling’ with that quote.

Horrified to discover the truth.

Bomb the bastard.
Closed Thread