United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-01-2022, 02:51 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I don’t care how miraculous the improvement of the soon-out-of-contract gang is.

They need ****ing off in short order not rewarded for a few decent performances…before normal service is resumed once the eleventy billion quid a week contract is signed.

No second chances.
Yep.

We’ve been here before and they’ve proven they just can’t be trusted long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
It's an absolute shame but it's on him. Every United fan wants every* signing we make to be a success and drive the team on.

Fans get no pleasure out of laying into players but when driven to it, will do so with a passion proportionate to the failure of the player to appreciate what he's ****ed up/off.

Many would like to think TM could still do it but for many more, the point of no return was passed a long time and many sulks ago.

*excludes Michael f***ing Owen but bizarrely does briefly include Angel f***ing Di Maria.

And this.

The pile on of certain players when they’ve hit their first tough patch of form since being United players yet excusing the likes of martial after the many, many times he’s gone missing is quite odd…

Unread 23-01-2022, 03:22 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I don’t care how miraculous the improvement of the soon-out-of-contract gang is.

They need ****ing off in short order not rewarded for a few decent performances…before normal service is resumed once the eleventy billion quid a week contract is signed.

No second chances.
Well yes, but we’re stuck with them until the summer, and if they’re playing well then I’m unsure why you wouldn’t play them.

That said, I completely agree that the grossly overrated and overpaid players infesting our squad need to be sold this summer. Harry Maguire, Pogba, Fred - they all need to go.

Unread 23-01-2022, 10:13 PM
puressence

Still buzzing.

Unread 24-01-2022, 02:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Still buzzing.
Same. Great moment and celebrations that.

Just remembered too that we scored a 90th minute winner and saved that Noble pen in the away fixture.

Absolutely broken West Ham this season

Unread 24-01-2022, 02:45 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Same. Great moment and celebrations that.

Just remembered too that we scored a 90th minute winner and saved that Noble pen in the away fixture.

Absolutely broken West Ham this season
Key difference is that I came away from the other day happy knowing we absolutely deserved the win. The Noble pen game I remember feeling relief and concern that we were very close to a disaster, and I felt West Ham outplayed us for large parts of that game too.

I keep saying it but that was the first time in ages we looked like a team playing something resembling a system. Imagine when we have actual midfielders

Unread 24-01-2022, 03:11 PM
dunk

We were miles better than West Ham at their place. Was one of our best performances of the season, such as it is, we should’ve had 2 penalties too. They scored against the run of play and had 5-10 minutes, but we were in top the rest of the time. He tried to defend his way to a sneaky win there too. It felt like disaster averted due to the penalty save. It would’ve been unjust had
Nobel scored.

We were ****ing **** in the cup game at OT though.

Unread 24-01-2022, 03:13 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We were miles better than West Ham at their place. Was one of our best performances of the season, such as it is, we should’ve had 2 penalties too. They scored against the run of play and had 5-10 minutes, but we were in top the rest of the time. He tried to defend his way to a sneaky win there too. It felt like disaster averted due to the penalty save. It would’ve been unjust had
Nobel scored.

We were ****ing **** in the cup game at OT though.
Righto I must be getting mixed up

Unread 24-01-2022, 05:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Key difference is that I came away from the other day happy knowing we absolutely deserved the win. The Noble pen game I remember feeling relief and concern that we were very close to a disaster, and I felt West Ham outplayed us for large parts of that game too.

I keep saying it but that was the first time in ages we looked like a team playing something resembling a system. Imagine when we have actual midfielders
Agreed.

We’re not spectacular right now, but I feel like we’re doing some of the basics better and we can see his message getting through. I got tired of looking at us and wondering what the hell we were trying to be. Can see it now, even
If we do still royally f*** things up.

Unread 24-01-2022, 05:37 PM
Danoli

I definitely feel we have turned a corner.

Let’s hope we finish the season strongly.

Unread 24-01-2022, 10:28 PM
hopkins

essien's calculator for this one

Unread 25-01-2022, 12:09 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
I definitely feel we have turned a corner.

Let’s hope we finish the season strongly.
Yep hopefully 🤞

International break has probably come at the wrong time again. We could have done with keeping this run going and knowing our luck we’ll get a few key injuries from the internationals