United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 22-08-2018, 09:49 PM
ScarFace

Get's better......banner has been cancelled due to "lighting issues" due to the time of the game.

Put back to Burnleh.

Unread 22-08-2018, 10:10 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Get's better......banner has been cancelled due to "lighting issues" due to the time of the game.

Put back to Burnleh.
%@#$&!s

Unread 22-08-2018, 10:16 PM
dunk

Unread 23-08-2018, 02:57 AM
Stickman

love the drama tbh

Unread 23-08-2018, 06:33 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

club is rapidly losing any dignity.

We're the britney spears of football and we've just shaved our heads.

Unread 23-08-2018, 06:46 AM
puressence

rumours ed has got a sponsorship deal for the banner sorted and jose has paid for the plane

the absolute truth ..weve become not becoming weve actually become city pre 2008 .. absolute £#%&!ing shambles from top to bottom

Unread 23-08-2018, 07:35 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
We could do with them at our club with the amount of fannies we have.

Unread 23-08-2018, 07:48 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
A plane carrying a banner with the initials LUHG at the end to persuade the G to sack the bloke that makes them millions of pounds a year.

Might as well lay fifty pound notes out in the shape of Ed Out and set fire to them.
still laughing at this

might aswel say Sack yourselfs lads

at least the moyes thing was only about moyes. and it drew a lot of attention and pressure in the media.

I would honestly love to hear the reasoning for putting luhg on the end. And how they think it would achieve anything.

Unread 23-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Seamus

Planes, ffs

we are a laughing stock

Unread 23-08-2018, 07:56 AM
Child of Darkness

Football is dead . Utterly dead .

Cringeworthy @#%&!s

Unread 23-08-2018, 08:28 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Football is dead . Utterly dead .

Cringeworthy @#%&!s
better than fc

Unread 23-08-2018, 08:54 AM
My Name is Keith

So go on, how do you make your feelings known re ownership/structure as a supporter? To my mind, they’re all shit to a greater or lesser degree.

Not go? But maybe you don’t want to give up a massive part of your life simply because you don’t like the owners?
It’s hardly possible to boo the glazers and ed at the match is it?
Start a new football club that turns into animal farm?
Wave green and gold scarfs around?
Rant on social media?
Hope and pray that sponsorship endorsement deals fall away?

Essentially match going supporters are almost entirely irrelevant to the financial model, we’re only there to make the stadium look decent on telly. So given our inability to make any noise about the shit soup we’ve got, I’m not sure a plane banner is that bad a thing as long as the message is a bit better thought out.

Unread 23-08-2018, 08:55 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
So go on, how do you make your feelings known re ownership/structure as a supporter? To my mind, they’re all shit to a greater or lesser degree.

Not go? But maybe you don’t want to give up a massive part of your life simply because you don’t like the owners?
Rant on social media?

Essentially match going supporters are almost entirely irrelevant to the financial model, we’re only there to make the stadium look decent on telly. So given our inability to make any noise about the shit soup we’ve got, I’m not sure a plane banner is that bad a thing as long as the message is a bit better thought out.
Moan on a forum whilst not going to games and streaming games when I can be arsed?

Like you say, fans are irrelevant now and are only needed to make stadiums look full and make the TV coverage better...

Over half the clubs in the PL would still turn a profit without them according to a report last week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888

Unread 23-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

Devil's advocate but isn't that a sacrifice you should be willing to make if you feel strongly enough?

but tbh I get the argument that it may be futile if everyone else ignores it.

Unread 23-08-2018, 08:58 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Moan on a forum whilst not going to games and streaming games when I can be arsed?
Works for me

Unread 23-08-2018, 09:01 AM
Switching Off

Staying outside till kick off would be worth a shot. It'd look shite on tv, even if it doesn't cost the Glazers anything, and Sky would at least have to acknowledge it. Even if everyone starts filing in at 8pm, it'd be ten minutes of emptiness.

Unread 23-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:

Rant on social media?

We all have to let go of the idea of football being as it was when we grew up. The world has changed. You no longer count. You might as well claim allegiance to a supermarket for all the club cares about your insignificant ticket price. Let go of the attachment you feel to the club and watch the pantomime unfold like it’s an episode of the Kardashians or continue to shout ineffectually into the abyss.

Unread 23-08-2018, 09:06 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Devil's advocate but isn't that a sacrifice you should be willing to make if you feel strongly enough?

but tbh I get the argument that it may be futile if everyone else ignores it.
It’s a dichotomy but it’s the argument I used in 2005. Basically I liked going to United more than I was arsed about the ownership.

it’s weak though and ultimately self defeating because I’ve ended up liking united/football less and less as time has gone on (which the owners have directly contributed to) to the point that I’m now not that arsed if the whole thing goes to shit (it has).

The owners aren’t the only reason for that tbf

Unread 23-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
better than fc
Er did u not just say the club is now city pre 2008 an absolute shambles from top to bottom?

At least fc let you drink in the stands to blot out the shit on the pitch

Unread 23-08-2018, 09:18 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Staying outside till kick off would be worth a shot. It'd look shite on tv, even if it doesn't cost the Glazers anything, and Sky would at least have to acknowledge it. Even if everyone starts filing in at 8pm, it'd be ten minutes of emptiness.
Would have more of an impact than a £#%&!ing plane that's for sure