Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics
Closed Thread

Unread 10-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Albert Tatlock

Default Bloody Sunday Arrest

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-34775466

66 year old ex para arrested

Quote:
The officer leading the investigation, Det Ch Insp Ian Harrison, said the arrest "marked a new phase in the overall investigation which would continue for some time".

Unread 10-11-2015, 05:13 PM
no fun

Bloody hell, they could have at least waited until after tomorrow when he will be honoured by the nation

Unread 10-11-2015, 05:17 PM
teflon_terry

'Sunday Bloody Sunday'. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

Unread 10-11-2015, 05:21 PM
bobbledinho

Long overdue.

Unread 10-11-2015, 05:24 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Long overdue.
But why now?
I assumed it was at a dead end.

Also is it true that the dup want to recriminalise homosexuality? heard something from ian paisleys son saying it was unworkable.

Unread 10-11-2015, 05:26 PM
hopkins

cheekbrows
donkey in lift
chilli and shorts
2 bannings
1 flounce

Unread 10-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
But why now?
I assumed it was at a dead end.

Also is it true that the dup want to recriminalise homosexuality? heard something from ian paisleys son saying it was unworkable.

Something about Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick

Unread 10-11-2015, 05:42 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Something about Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick

Unread 10-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Sparky***

What's it coming to when you can't murder innocent people in a brutal massacre and get away with it, eh? It's political correctness gone mad.

Unread 10-11-2015, 05:56 PM
General Woundwort

How the hell do they intend to make this stick?

You have to suspect they've run through the list of paras who were there on the day and found one who lives alone, has no relatives, registers on the autistic spectrum and maybe has one or two articles about Bloody Sunday stashed in his garden shed.

Unread 10-11-2015, 06:08 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
What's it coming to when you can't murder innocent people in a brutal massacre and get away with it, eh? It's political correctness gone mad.
It's not so bad, there were other massacres where they did get away with it that are never mentioned.

http://www.ballymurphymassacre.com/cms/massacre/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springhill_Massacre

Unread 10-11-2015, 06:11 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
How the hell do they intend to make this stick?

You have to suspect they've run through the list of paras who were there on the day and found one who lives alone, has no relatives, registers on the autistic spectrum and maybe has one or two articles about Bloody Sunday stashed in his garden shed.
os some bullet casings..

Unread 10-11-2015, 06:15 PM
jem

haven't we all forgiven each other for this shit then?

Unread 10-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
haven't we all forgiven each other for this shit then?
I don't know mate, how would you feel if someone you loved dearly was shot in the back whilst running away unarmed? Or shot in the head when they tried to help the dying whilst waving a white hankey?

Unread 10-11-2015, 06:18 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
os some bullet casings..
There will defo be a spent casing in the pocket of a pair of trousers he's inexplicably kept for 40 years. It'll be intriguing in any case to see the evidence...

Unread 10-11-2015, 06:21 PM
King Eric

Maybe it's the old grass up, alot of cons are in the nick, because their so called mates have grassed em up. Or even worse, he's confessed to his woman after sex and then cheated on her and she's spilled the beans.

Unread 10-11-2015, 06:23 PM
jem

Quote:
I don't know mate, how would you feel if someone you loved dearly was shot in the back whilst running away unarmed? Or shot in the head when they tried to help the dying whilst waving a white hankey?
I don't know. maybe I'd accept the release of all my terrorist friends and their acceptance into government and agree to live happily ever after, because it's the only solution that doesn't involve a never-ending spiral of retribution and blood-letting. would I f***.

Unread 10-11-2015, 06:37 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I don't know. maybe I'd accept the release of all my terrorist friends and their acceptance into government and agree to live happily ever after, because it's the only solution that doesn't involve a never-ending spiral of retribution and blood-letting. would I f***.
Probably why it still needs airing, these were innocent people not 'friends of terrorist' (whatever that means) Know your trying to be clever and so on with the white text, but the other massacres and there are more, should be look into as well. These were British citizens, killed in cold blood on British Streets by the British army.

Unread 10-11-2015, 06:44 PM
puressence

Quote:
I feel like that wen I get out of a black cab tbh

Unread 10-11-2015, 07:22 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Probably why it still needs airing, these were innocent people not 'friends of terrorist' (whatever that means) Know your trying to be clever and so on with the white text, but the other massacres and there are more, should be look into as well. These were British citizens, killed in cold blood on British Streets by the British army.
no real need to look into any of them then.

I guess the answer to my original question is no. let's hope these arrests lead somewhere that allows everyone to move on. which they won't, of course.
Closed Thread