United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-11-2014, 10:22 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Wilson hatrick .

Unread 22-11-2014, 10:22 AM
woody78

I'm always pretty confident when we play Arsenal
1 - 2

Unread 22-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Mr_Ed

Arsenal to win 2-1 with 89th minute Sanchez winner

Unread 22-11-2014, 01:15 PM
MJ Ramone

lots of confidence on here which is a bit unsettling.

I'm usually confident when we play Arsenal too, but there's no ignoring the fact we've been pretty £#%&!ing £#%&! this season.
We need big games from Rooney, Di Maria & Van Persie + we could do without going down to 10 men before half time

the recent Fellaini developments have depressed me greatly. I thought Van Gaal was more tasteful than that.

For all the one & two touch 'philosophy' we saw in pre-season it's a bit of a disappointment to see the kind of football we've been playing up to now.

Is Herrera fit??

Unread 22-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
lots of confidence on here which is a bit unsettling.

I'm usually confident when we play Arsenal too, but there's no ignoring the fact we've been pretty £#%&!ing £#%&! this season.
We need big games from Rooney, Di Maria & Van Persie + we could do without going down to 10 men before half time

the recent Fellaini developments have depressed me greatly. I thought Van Gaal was more tasteful than that.

For all the one & two touch 'philosophy' we saw in pre-season it's a bit of a disappointment to see the kind of football we've been playing up to now.

Is Herrera fit??
He was on the train so I assume so.

1-2 with Arsenal collapsing late on

Unread 22-11-2014, 01:34 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
He was on the train so I assume so.

1-2 with Arsenal collapsing late on
hope so mate.

Would love to see us put on a commanding, convincing performance.

Chelsea are out of sight but there's no reason at all we shouldn't be aiming for 2nd place given the players we've got.

Unread 22-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Sparky***

Bit upset that van gaal got drawn into talking about Welbeck yet again. He should have just said I spoke enough about him in August and left it at that. He was just giving the media ammo by talking about him and I'll be shocked if the dopey @#%&! doesn't score against us now.

Unread 22-11-2014, 01:54 PM
ashtonred

Massive game .. Looking at the other fixtures we could easily move into 4th spot if we beat Arsenal. The lads will know this before our kick off.

A real chance to get our season moving. Our luck has to change sometime.

2-1 United

Unread 22-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Arsenal to win 2-1 with 89th minute Welbeck winner
Amended for you

Unread 22-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
Massive game .. Looking at the other fixtures we could easily move into 4th spot if we beat Arsenal. The lads will know this before our kick off.

A real chance to get our season moving. Our luck has to change sometime.

2-1 United
Possibly true if you are talking exclusively about injuries but Utd have near enough the points that the performances merit. Capitulation at Leicester even with the appalling refereeing. Perhaps could have won against Chelsea but they were very comfortable in the second half, could easily have lost points against West Ham and Everton. Deserved nothing at City, they could have been 4 up before they choked in the last 20, Utd were awful for the majority of that game.

The league is shit, 4th should be attainable, get Di Maria attacking Chambers and good things should happen today. LVG could do with a big result, late November and Utd have only won 4 games. Time to get some momentum into the season, international breaks out of the way for a while.

Unread 22-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Will Danneh celebrate ?

Unread 22-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Bit upset that van gaal got drawn into talking about Welbeck yet again. He should have just said I spoke enough about him in August and left it at that. He was just giving the media ammo by talking about him and I'll be shocked if the dopey @#%&! doesn't score against us now.
Thought that too. Made a rod for his own back there.

Unread 22-11-2014, 03:10 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Herrera

Mata

Unread 22-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Herrera

Mata
Link it up or comment you £#%&!ing shit bird.

Unread 22-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Thought that too. Made a rod for his own back there.
Yep. The media are absolutely dying for this to turn out to be a mistake. Him scoring a couple of goals against international cannon-fodder for England is suddenly being hailed as him 'coming good'. The change in narrative is staggering.

Even Wenger said in his press conference that Welbeck had 2 world class forwards infront of him at United and what he needed was a chance.

Unread 22-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Cream

Meanwhile, at Real Sociedad...

Quote:
"I'm nervous but I've got a good feeling," said the ex-Manchester United boss at his first pre-match news conference. "I have a concern about why we haven't won away from home this season so we have to make sure that changes. We will try to be positive. We need to become hard to beat.
"I've been made incredibly welcome. We've had a great week and good weather, which I've enjoyed."
United 2 - Arsenal 1

Unread 22-11-2014, 03:32 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
late November and Utd have only won 4 games.
feels like we've only played 4 games tbh, but yeah that's a shocking stat.

I didn't see any of the Palace game but by all accounts we made hard work of the 3pts.
The lack of Champions League football has had a huge impact on the flow of the season nqat

Unread 22-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Not sure why people are obsessing about Welbeck tbh

He's a fantastic player and is showing what he can do. But he showed what he can do at United as well - even last season when he had a run in the team up front he scored in 5 out of 6 league games around new year

If he scores today then good luck to him. Obviously it's a daft move from LVG to sell him but it's too late now.

Unread 22-11-2014, 04:07 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Not sure why people are obsessing about Welbeck tbh

He's a fantastic player and is showing what he can do. But he showed what he can do at United as well - even last season when he had a run in the team up front he scored in 5 out of 6 league games around new year

If he scores today then good luck to him. Obviously it's a daft move from LVG to sell him but it's too late now.
I wouldn't call him a " fantastic " player .
I didn't want him sold but i wouldn't say it was obviously a daft move either .
He has scored 2 goals in 8 league games .

Unread 22-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
I wouldn't call him a " fantastic " player .
I didn't want him sold but i wouldn't say it was obviously a daft move either .
He has scored 2 goals in 8 league games .
you're in luck then cus it's not compulsory