United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-09-2022, 11:16 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

The whole financial saga at utd has been a travesty since the glazers came near the club, richest to the most indebted overnight and then wood**** running the club as the same accounting fraud he managed the buyout on, without a thought given to football.

Clubs f***ed.

Unread 23-09-2022, 11:18 AM
wiganste

Utterly depressing isn't it?

I can't walk away either - it's been a big part of my life for 45 years.

Unread 23-09-2022, 12:46 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
Which, give or take a few million, is the dent they loaded on the club in the first place? A billion has gone out of the club and we’re no better off than we were in 2006.

Disgusting.
We are. Revenues are well up compared to where they were, debt repayments are lower because of better terms compared to the PIKs and other instruments they tied us up with in the early years. I absolutely don't want them here because of failings outside of that (letting Woodward run the footballing side, neglect of Old Trafford, etc.) but financially we're on a generally stronger footing. That will improve further once we get a few more of the big hitters off the wage bill.

Fergie could have stopped it and the second big mistake was letting him and Gill leave at the same time. The third mistake was letting Woodward be in charge.

Unread 23-09-2022, 12:48 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave View Post
Since when was this an “accepted fact”?
Since my mate who works there told me you tory c***.

Unread 23-09-2022, 12:58 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste View Post
Utterly depressing isn't it?

I can't walk away either - it's been a big part of my life for 45 years.
Same as, I tried to go cold turkey but couldn't do it, it's like being a member of a cult

Unread 23-09-2022, 01:03 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot View Post
Thought it was common knowledge that Joel has final sign off on all transfers?

He stopped Jose selling Martial because Martial is Joel's favourite player.

Unread 23-09-2022, 01:05 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury View Post

Tbf that would have left us with Rashford and Mkhitaryan as our only wingers at the time, which doesn’t sound fun.

Unread 23-09-2022, 01:08 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Tbf that would have left us with Rashford and Mkhitaryan as our only wingers at the time, which doesn’t sound fun.
Jose wanted to bring Peresic in to replace him because Jose saw him as sulky and mentally weak.

Unread 23-09-2022, 01:16 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

The knowledge may be common, but there are always people who just don't know. Calling yourself tory dave is a bit of a giveaway, imagine there are a lot of other things he doesn't know.

Unread 23-09-2022, 07:17 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
We are. Revenues are well up compared to where they were, debt repayments are lower because of better terms compared to the PIKs and other instruments they tied us up with in the early years. I absolutely don't want them here because of failings outside of that (letting Woodward run the footballing side, neglect of Old Trafford, etc.) but financially we're on a generally stronger footing. That will improve further once we get a few more of the big hitters off the wage bill.

Fergie could have stopped it and the second big mistake was letting him and Gill leave at the same time. The third mistake was letting Woodward be in charge.
Murtough appears to be doing ok now ww has f***ed off… at least when the Glazers allow the funds. As for ferie, just sits there taking the Glazers hush money. Wtf does he actually do?

Unread 23-09-2022, 07:22 PM
Tory Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot View Post
Not sure a canteen pot washer is going to know the inner workings at boardroom level pal