United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:41 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Shots ffs 🤦. Never mentioned before. Oh wait it’s Man Utd pile on. … it’s £#%&!ing pathetic
probably because we’ve never been under the cosh as much or as shit recently

what should they talk about? amount of bald @#%&!s on the bench? expected grunts per manager?

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:49 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
probably because we’ve never been under the cosh as much or as shit recently

what should they talk about? amount of bald @#%&!s on the bench? expected grunts per manager?
I can recall many times when the discussion has been around how we deserved to win a game/score more because of the number of shots we had on goal. It's hardly something invented by a German hipster. Don't understand why some are reluctant to accept that constantly inviting pressure and allowing teams to shoot on goal could be a bad thing.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:52 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I can recall many times when the discussion has been around how we deserved to win a game/score more because of the number of shots we had on goal. It's hardly something invented by a German hipster. Don't understand why some are reluctant to accept that constantly inviting pressure and allowing teams to shoot on goal could be a bad thing.
Exactly. I understand and share the eye rolls at XG stats and the overanalysing. The eye test works. But shots on goal is hardly some new or obscure metric. It’s not a direct indicator of a ‘chance’, but constantly having your goal peppered with shots doesn’t speak to being good defensively. And it’s backed up by our numbers being that of teams facing relegation

And watch us ffs. We were wide open last night. It was an entertaining game because both teams are a £#%&!ing mess. Some good attacking moments, but chaos elsewhere. You can’t be surprised to lose when that happens.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And watch us ffs. We were wide open last night. It was an entertaining game because both teams are a £#%&!ing mess. Some good attacking moments, but chaos elsewhere. You can’t be surprised to lose when that happens.
Exactly. Even if you want to ignore stats, anyone who watches us regularly can tell just how awful it is. You'd have to either be clueless about football or have a really odd agenda to say things are ok at the moment. Truly horrendous football and the results match.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:08 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
nobody likes losing but it's part of football. fergie left 10 years ago and people still haven't adjusted to the reality that we are a bit shit and are going to lose more often than we used to.
Just come in here to enjoy the thread carnage …..absolutely stinks of diarrhoea piss and soiled nappies from the born in peak Fergie years reds though

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:09 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And the first one is us getting into a right mess with moments to go. Dalot gets it all wrong. Moments earlier we had the chance to take the ball to the corner flag. Chelsea should never have got anywhere near our box in the first place

And we’ve seen it before. Same thing happened last week and at Wolves. Moments remaining and players are still able to have a free run at our box. It’s appalling game management.
This. Absolutely unbelievable. It should have been very straightforward to see out both games this week once in the lead with a couple of minutes left. They're so utterly stupid they go charging around instead of just sensibly keeping the ball.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:11 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This. Absolutely unbelievable. It should have been very straightforward to see out both games this week once in the lead with a couple of minutes left. They're so utterly stupid they go charging around instead of just sensibly keeping the ball.
Tbf the sensible thing is to avoid trying to retain basic possession when you have consistently proven incapable of doing so

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:12 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
nobody likes losing but it's part of football. fergie left 10 years ago and people still haven't adjusted to the reality that we are a bit shit and are going to lose more often than we used to.

if we are going to be shit, chaos is my favourite flavour of shit. the season is a write off, the manager is a busted flush. each league match from here on in is essentially meaningless in the grander scheme of things, and a match like last night brings higher highs and lower lows than a drab 1-1.
'Adjusting to the reality' is one thing. Sneering at people and expecting them to enjoy 'the highs and lows' because they're pissed off at getting 1 point from 2 matches when we were in the lead in the 97th minute in both is quite another.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Both were pens, to concede from a corner like that is utter U11 school boy shit.....

Every football player in the £#%&!ing nation from Sunday league to champions league knows, you don't switch off for a short corner, EVER...

It's Scott's man, no idea why he POINTING, get tight to him....

Diabolical defending.....

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Tbf the sensible thing is to avoid trying to retain basic possession when you have consistently proven incapable of doing so
Good point.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:27 PM
atticusgrinch

Turned it off after the penalty. Didn't realise we'd lost

Wowzers.

Unread 05-04-2024, 02:01 PM
Dacter

Good news.

I've been out and kicked a ball about for a bit. I now understand that, actually, suicidal gameplans are completely sensible and I just didnt have the experience to fully grasp that before now.

Unread 05-04-2024, 02:10 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
Good news.

I've been out and kicked a ball about for a bit. I now understand that, actually, suicidal gameplans are completely sensible and I just didnt have the experience to fully grasp that before now.
When can you start?

Unread 05-04-2024, 02:23 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Both were pens, to concede from a corner like that is utter U11 school boy shit.....

Every football player in the £#%&!ing nation from Sunday league to champions league knows, you don't switch off for a short corner, EVER...

It's Scott's man, no idea why he POINTING, get tight to him....

Diabolical defending.....
All eleven players back in our box yet no-one within 15 yards of Chelsea's most dangerous player

Where on earth did they find 8 minutes of injury time? Struggling to remember any stoppages in the second half

Unread 05-04-2024, 02:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
All eleven players back in our box yet no-one within 15 yards of Chelsea's most dangerous player

Where on earth did they find 8 minutes of injury time? Struggling to remember any stoppages in the second half
Wan bisska head injury....

Unread 05-04-2024, 02:29 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Would've been 20 mins if it was Maguire.

Unread 05-04-2024, 02:33 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Ah fair enough, vaguely remember it now.

Back to the eleven players in the box, I can't put that on the manager. If our players need to be coached to pick up someone who's wide open on the edge of the box then we might as well give up. It's not like Palmer was being obscured in any way, it was beyond pathetic defending

Unread 05-04-2024, 02:55 PM
madhattricks

Caveat- we have a lot of crap players and even less depth. With that said, someone explain to me the way EtH wants them to play. What system is He trying to play? Because I don’t know any solid much less successful squad that plays by completely ceding the midfield.

Unread 05-04-2024, 03:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
Good news.

Unread 05-04-2024, 03:51 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Would've been 20 mins if it was Maguire.
Didn’t Maguire turn into prime Puyol for the rest of the game when he got concussed a few months ago?