United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 06-10-2023, 05:48 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
He is a great player who, like all other great players, occasionally has bad games.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can get £#%&!ed.
Hmm… occasionally? I’d say closer to 60% good games.

Unread 06-10-2023, 05:49 PM
Chris Quayd

Are we only allowed to discuss our biggest issues? The lad is meant to be one of our leaders yet sets the tone against the top teams largely by disappearing. His constant whining is counter productive when it comes to influencing referees and if the above isn't in our ten biggest issues that's only because there is so much wrong. He needs to improve his consistency and frankly change the look on his ugly, stupid face.

Unread 06-10-2023, 05:53 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Are we only allowed to discuss our biggest issues? The lad is meant to be one of our leaders yet sets the tone against the top teams largely by disappearing. His constant whining is counter productive when it comes to influencing referees and if the above isn't in our ten biggest issues that's only because there is so much wrong. He needs to improve his consistency and frankly change the look on his ugly, stupid face.
I'll be honest, he's a bit too ratty. You can't be whining like a bitch with a face like that.

Cracking player, just needs to pipe down a bit.

Unread 06-10-2023, 06:08 PM
dunk

Been saying it since he arrived, he needs to be smarter. Not every £#%&!ing pass has to be an attempt to dissect the entire options defences. Pick your moments, use the ball more economically and move up the pitch with a bit more thought and a bit less punt.

Unread 06-10-2023, 06:44 PM
Tuco

Invisible man against any quality team. Face facts

Unread 06-10-2023, 06:56 PM
Finport Red

When he is good, he is very very good, but when he is bad, he’s a total fanny who tries the Hollywood pass when he shouldn’t, or hammers a shot into a defender two feet away from him when he shouldn’t, each time starting the opposition’s counter attack, which he doesn’t provide any contribution in stopping.

Nowhere near the top of our problems list, but still on it. And there aren’t 99 above him. A captain sets the tone for a team, and the one he’s setting currently isn’t the leadership they need. Amrabat and Razzers already look hungrier than him

Unread 06-10-2023, 07:16 PM
marlo

oh now you lot see the light on him.

Unread 06-10-2023, 10:59 PM
avocado

People clutching at straws. He wouldn’t have got near any one of our best midfields. He looks (sometimes) good because the rest are abject.

Unread 07-10-2023, 12:04 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
People clutching at straws. He wouldn’t have got near any one of our best midfields. He looks (sometimes) good because the rest are abject.
How do you mean? As in one of our best midfields ever?

That's not really damning, is it? Hardly anyone would.

Unread 07-10-2023, 12:27 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
How do you mean? As in one of our best midfields ever?

That's not really damning, is it? Hardly anyone would.
come on, we’re not playing well and he is a big part of why not seeing as he’s our main playmaker

Unread 07-10-2023, 12:44 AM
Ethers

I think it’s a bit of a leap to say he’s a big part of why we’re not playing well tbh.

Unread 07-10-2023, 05:40 AM
AK14

Was fantastic in our last league win tbf.

He’s going through a rough patch at the moment, as is the whole team.

Still our most important player.

Unread 07-10-2023, 08:52 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Was fantastic in our last league win tbf.

He’s going through a rough patch at the moment, as is the whole team.

Still our most important player.
I feel like in a way, hes our most important player in the same way Ronaldo was in his return season. I think in a well functioning United side (yeah wtaf is that/new to United pol? etc) he wouldn’t be guaranteed a spot as much as he has to date.

Unread 07-10-2023, 09:00 AM
Hyman_Roth

Have a love hate relationship with him. He is one of the few players in this team that can actually produce moments to admire and moments of excitement. We’d be a very dull team without him. Or at least a lot more dull than we are.

But I also have moments when I want to stamp on his whiny shitty rats face.

Unread 07-10-2023, 09:24 AM
Whip Hubley

Fantastic player, i'm just not sure he's making a great 'permanent' captain in the same way I thought he would.

But then I don't know who would. Case is probably about the only other reasonable shout. We desperately need some leadership on the pitch.

Unread 07-10-2023, 09:39 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Have a love hate relationship with him. He is one of the few players in this team that can actually produce moments to admire and moments of excitement. We’d be a very dull team without him. Or at least a lot more dull than we are.

But I also have moments when I want to stamp on his whiny shitty rats face.
These, said in the captain thread he was never the "right" choice ...

Adore it when he's @#%&!ting them in, or floating strikers into play ...

Otherwise I'm full ABU, cannot stand him faux actions, whinge-fest, utter grass of a face....

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:11 PM
Finport Red

Tragic. Not good enough, not consistent enough and will never be lesser enough to captain Manchester United.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:13 PM
red in cumbria

His regression this season is deeply concerning, and really couldn't have come at a worse time for us.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:14 PM
AK14

Time to hope the Saudis fancy giving us 100m for him?

We’ll probably replace him Gary Flitcroft though so what’s the point.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:34 PM
Jethro

Won't be at the club next season nqat.

Not the player ETH needs or wants.