Unread 25-06-2020, 03:30 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm sure Rashford's 12 goals will be more than enough for us to scrape into 8th
Don’t change ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Looks like 8th might have been optimistic.

Some absolute £#%&!ing top notch delusion in this thread btw.

9 goals in 8 games.
The expert

Unread 25-06-2020, 03:36 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I am happy to cut him some slack, but.... he was not between two defenders and he should have scored.
You've never kicked a football have you?

Unread 25-06-2020, 05:19 PM
Coracao

We still need a lot more throughout the team. Looks like we may score less than last season, and we are a good 30 goals adrift of the top 2 Some of the players who have started a lot of games: James, Lingard, Pereira offer next to £#%&! all in terms of goals.

Unread 25-06-2020, 05:29 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Running near full pelt, ball slightly behind him and under hit, on his wrong foot, barely any reaction time while sandwiched between two defenders, absolutely screamed rustiness tbh. 5 games time he scores with ease.
It was a shocking miss, no real excuses for missing that sort of chance imo. He's a professional footballer playing at the highest level, and he scuffed an open net. Awful miss. Same with the chance Pogba set up, not as easy, but should have at least made contact with the ball.

But if he ends up with two assists each time he had a hit of a shitter then I'm more than happy with that.

Unread 25-06-2020, 05:30 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Don’t change ever

The expert
Oh shit... full frontal from Pure.

The TiT offensive... Be interesting to see whether Sparky drops into a low block ala Mourinho or looks to counter like Ole.

Unread 25-06-2020, 05:35 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
You've never kicked a football have you?
what a stupid (not to mention ignorant) comment.

whether I have a kicked a ball or not is totally irrelevant. he was not between two defenders (you only have to have eyes to see that) and he was hardly reaching back for it. he was lethargic and inaccurate. with any kind of sharpness, he would have scored. because he is an international striker.

as it happens, I would back myself to have scored.... even now* (and certainly any time before my mid-30s). because I have kicked a ball. into a goal. lots of times. I've also played in much more oppressive heat. however, if I did miss a simple chance like that, I would have expected some jolly hard stares and maybe even a gentle verbal admonishment.

* would actually have been easier for me, because I would still have been running onto it, but £#%&! off anyway.

Unread 25-06-2020, 05:42 PM
utd99

His feet got tangled; rustiness. It happens.

Unread 25-06-2020, 05:43 PM
jem

that's two snarky comments from you (sueders) on the match thread and this one.

pm me (or someone), if you need to talk to someone about your feelings of inadequacy.

Unread 25-06-2020, 05:46 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that's two snarky comments from you (sueders) on the match thread and this one.

pm me (or someone), if you need to talk to someone about your feelings of inadequacy.

Unread 25-06-2020, 06:16 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
what a stupid (not to mention ignorant) comment.

whether I have a kicked a ball or not is totally irrelevant. he was not between two defenders (you only have to have eyes to see that) and he was hardly reaching back for it. he was lethargic and inaccurate. with any kind of sharpness, he would have scored. because he is an international striker.

as it happens, I would back myself to have scored.... even now* (and certainly any time before my mid-30s). because I have kicked a ball. into a goal. lots of times. I've also played in much more oppressive heat. however, if I did miss a simple chance like that, I would have expected some jolly hard stares and maybe even a gentle verbal admonishment.

* would actually have been easier for me, because I would still have been running onto it, but £#%&! off anyway.
It was pinged right into his feet just behind him from someone who should never have passed in that situation. If you'd played you'd know that. That's why I said it. It's not personal. He's a £#%&!ing great player. Youse are an idiot*

*When it comes to football. Don't read enough of you to really comment about other areas.

Unread 25-06-2020, 06:16 PM
Switching Off

Never seen Jem this rattled tbf.

Unread 25-06-2020, 06:27 PM
jem

Quote:
If you'd played you'd know that.
there it is again. s2c.

martial should have scored himself, true... but he realised he had let the keeper get too close and slipped his mate in. it was a bad miss by rashers. you don't need to have played to see that. I can talk about tennis and my tennis is shit (by fed's standards. I'd probably still whip you). your attempt to dismiss someone else's opinion would be cheap if I hadn't played. but I have.... so, your comment is cheap, irrelevant and reflects very poorly on you. if you're happy with that, it makes no difference to me. I just thought you might be hurting for some reason, so was offering/suggesting help.

plenty of other people think he missed a sitter. I wouldn't dismiss their opinions just because they've never played football as well as I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Never seen Jem this rattled tbf.

Unread 25-06-2020, 06:42 PM
suedeshoes

It's fine. I don't agree with you on this point at all but that's OK. It reflects nothing back onto me that I feel. I think my assertion is valid and I don't feel that was a bad miss by Rashford at all.

I'd beat you at tennis though. Comfortably.

Unread 25-06-2020, 07:03 PM
jem

Quote:
It's fine. I don't agree with you on this point at all but that's OK. It reflects nothing back onto me that I feel. I think my assertion is valid and I don't feel that was a bad miss by Rashford at all.

I'd beat you at tennis though. Comfortably.
it's not about disagreeing with me. it's about suggesting that my opinion is invalid because I've never kicked a ball. happy for you to offer excuses for rashers missing a sitter. he's an excellent player. but that's kind of the point.

Unread 25-06-2020, 07:21 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I would love that face as a similar smilie to

Unread 25-06-2020, 07:34 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's not about disagreeing with me. it's about suggesting that my opinion is invalid because I've never kicked a ball. happy for you to offer excuses for rashers missing a sitter. he's an excellent player. but that's kind of the point.
He didn't miss a sitter. It came to him so fast and awkwardly it was very difficult to put it in. If you played to any standard you must recognise that.

Unread 25-06-2020, 07:37 PM
armchair

Quote:
He didn't miss a sitter. It came to him so fast and awkwardly it was very difficult to put it in. If you played to any standard you must recognise that.
Totally was a sitter. Mitigating factors are he didn't expect it and it was slightly behind him.

Martial imo should've held onto the ball once the shot was off, shielded the ball then played it to someone.

Unread 25-06-2020, 07:48 PM
jem

Quote:
If you played to any standard you must recognise that.
it's a thin line between comedy genius and duck egg.

Unread 25-06-2020, 07:55 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I would love that face as a similar smilie to

Unread 25-06-2020, 08:21 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Closed Thread