United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2021, 11:17 AM
Stickman

Our squad is a lot stronger than some of you make on too.

Unread 04-03-2021, 11:36 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Yep.

We’ve got a better squad than a lot of teams who are playing the congested fixture list. It’s Ole’s refusal to use the squad that’s got us looking absolutely £#%&!ed at the moment.

Unread 04-03-2021, 11:42 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Absolutely. Those attacking stats are frightening considering the wealth of talent we have upfront.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Feels poor atm. We’re lacking inspiration and ole needs to be more dynamic in his subs. I would have thrown the kitchen sink at winning that game last night and we seemed to settle for a draw. Too many players out of sorts which points to them being flogged too hard but also uninspired.

I think we conceded the league in January and it’s been difficult ever since. City’s form has demoralised us.

The manager needs to motivate and inspire at this point or we could sink fast.
No longer enjoying United?

What should we do if we keep sinking?

Unread 04-03-2021, 11:55 AM
NedKelly

No excuses for last night really. It was a crap game and an hour in I knew we weren’t scoring. We grew into the first half and really should have scored in that dominant spell we had. Second half was woeful and I’ve no idea what was said to them at half time. “Well done lads you’re smashing it out there”?

Unread 04-03-2021, 12:02 PM
Jethro

If we're sleepwalking to a top four finish then it's time to chuck in some kids with nothing to lose. Cardie is still on but last night was as bad it's been post Fergie.

Unread 04-03-2021, 12:06 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep.

We’ve got a better squad than a lot of teams who are playing the congested fixture list. It’s Ole’s refusal to use the squad that’s got us looking absolutely £#%&!ed at the moment.
Yep, our squad is good but not being used. Think Ole has trust in about 10 players and that's it. He's very risk averse. But what that's led to is an entirely predictable way of playing. Was interesting listening to that Scholes interview talking about when Fergie played the kids and we got battered by Villa. Can't learn if you don't try.

What was interesting last night tactically was how he never had the full backs pushing forward like they were against Chelsea. No press at all. Giving them all a break? A bit more pressure and we would have walloped Palace. Never seemed like that was even under consideration.

Unread 04-03-2021, 12:27 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Absolutely. Those attacking stats are frightening considering the wealth of talent we have upfront.

No longer enjoying United?

What should we do if we keep sinking?
Enjoying united more than at anytime since fergeh. the most depressed I’ve ever felt about united was during Mou’s tenure - utterly joy hoovering.

Last night was bad and there’s no getting round that. If that form continues then you and the other wum vultures can have your fill. But at the moment, we’re second in the lead behind a team that’s spent billions in securing top talent, is far more established, has a much better club structure and has a coach considered to be amongst the best in the world.

Against those odds, things aren’t that bad so you can put your beak away for the moment I think.

We do need to arrest this decline though and a mauling at city will be damaging for team ole.

Unread 04-03-2021, 12:37 PM
Parlabane

Ive got a bit of sympathy for the players as in it must be hard playing with intensity twice a week with no fans in the stadium to give you a lift when you are flagging.

That being said, they are highly paid and should be able to motivate each other and all too often you get the feeling that they are waiting for someone to dig them out of the shit.

The midfield is a concern, we shouldn't have two "defensive" midfielders playing - they should just be midfielders who can operate all over the pitch - giving them the title "defensive" almost absolves them of any responsibilty for pushing the team forward and contributing that way instead they act as if as long as they are holding the defence's hand they are doing their job.

I hoped DVB would be someone who could get on the ball and dictate from midfield but for what ever reason he isn't getting chances - Other than him and Pogba whilst he is still here -I don't see any creativity or forward thinking players who can take some of the pressure to score / create from the forwards and Bruno.

Desperatley need an up grade on our midfielders because at the moment Ole doesn't have a lot of ways to change things up other than rotating very similar and limited players

Unread 04-03-2021, 12:38 PM
saffers

Quote:
Enjoying united more than at anytime since fergeh. the most depressed I’ve ever felt about united was during Mou’s tenure - utterly joy hoovering.

Last night was bad and there’s no getting round that. If that form continues then you and the other wum vultures can have your fill. But at the moment, we’re second in the lead behind a team that’s spent billions in securing top talent, is far more established, has a much better club structure and has a coach considered to be amongst the best in the world.

Against those odds, things aren’t that bad so you can put your beak away for the moment I think.

We do need to arrest this decline though and a mauling at city will be damaging for team ole.
Do you support United or Ole?

Unread 04-03-2021, 03:26 PM
utd99

Quote:

Post.

At the very least we need to see how the season pans out before passing judgement. We’re at a crossroads now and are just as likely to end up with 2nd and a trophy as potless and scrapping like mad for 4th. But he’s making mistakes, there’s nqat. It’s not entirely his fault because he’s being let down badly by our players - few of whom I would class as ‘winners’ with a winners mentality - but I’m mystified why he’s in such thrall to them.

We used to rail at Fergie for tinkering so much, but the man trusted and knew how to use his squad over a long season. Ole doesn’t, and it could easily come back to haunt us. He seems to think the bench is too much of a downgrade and can’t be trusted to get the job done, but his first choicers are not getting the job done so what does he has to lose by trying something new?

If he’s intent on playing 4-2-3-1, why not play Mata, vdb and Bruno behind Cavani? When we’re struggling to create, how can that be worse? You still have seven out of eleven dedicated to defence. I’m convinced Fergie would have thrown Diallo on for the last 20 of that game and rolled the dice a bit. Ole just seems too scared all the time.

Unread 04-03-2021, 03:36 PM
Vida_15

only criticism i have of Ole is that against teams like Palace, as i stated yesterday in the match thread, there is no reason to play 2 holding mids

he does that way too often when we should have 4 attack minded players playing in front of one holding mid wiht two attacking fullbacks

Unread 04-03-2021, 04:37 PM
ZiggyStardust

Normally don't pay much attention to what managers say after the match as it's usually just PR shite but these comments from Ole on why he didn't make a 3rd sub tell me everything about what his approach is to attacking the opposition

His whole attacking strategy is simply to get the ball to our attackers and hope they come up with something
There's no strategy or method to any of our attacking play, it's based on waiting for moments of individual brilliance

He never thought he could change things and go 3 at the back and play an extra forward
Instead he hoped that one of his individual attackers would come up with a moment to win the game as they've done in the past despite the fact they looked demoralized and were playing horrendously and would probably continue to play horrendously
He relied purely on hope rather than thinking he could radically change it from the bench or play a joker card like Amad

Even during our good spells under Ole it's this lack of method in our attacking play that has always caused me to doubt if he is the right man

Unread 04-03-2021, 04:41 PM
Tronics

yeah those comments were... not good tbh

we probably shouldn’t read too much into what managers say post match but you just can’t help but notice how clueless Ole sounds sometimes when he’s talking about the game.

sometimes i wonder if he does it on purpose to take the focus away from the players etc but i don’t know, maybe this is just what he’s like as a person, all smiles and empty platitudes.

Unread 04-03-2021, 04:56 PM
MUFC One Love

Just a reminder despite being the worst manager ever and United being rubbish they are currently 2nd.

Unread 04-03-2021, 05:09 PM
Vida_15

tbf...those three guys he mentioned are better than amad or shoretire so it's not surprising he's kept them on the pitch however they are knackered and we have to figure out a way to get them a rest

Unread 04-03-2021, 05:20 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
and some people suggested Ole could win the league with City
Some believe he is on a par with Pep or Klopp.

Unread 04-03-2021, 05:56 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Find one example.

Unread 04-03-2021, 06:00 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Find one example.
Utterly ridiculous. Ole is twice the manager Klopp is and will have at least one league title in less than the 6 years it took that smelly German @#%&!.

Unread 04-03-2021, 06:13 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Not a single person has said such a thing.

Unread 04-03-2021, 06:44 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Find one example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Not a single person has said such a thing.
It not so many words, it has been said on here. You really are idiots if you think that shite on display last night was worthy of Manchester United.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
9 things that Klopp is superior at?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Imagine Liverpool winning a title and European cup under the guidance of the man who got Mainz relegated from the f***ing Bundesliga
Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
list ten things Klopp is better at
Closed Thread