United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2020, 12:10 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Which is all the more reason that I'm amazed Woodward hasn't appointed a director of football yet (after nearly two years of pretending to). Two scapegoats that he can alternate between to keep himself looking good.
I always suspected it’s because a dof would need to know the transfer budget. There’s the public ‘money available for the right player’ budget, then there’s the reality.

I also suspect that Fergie knew full well we were hobbled, and peddled the ‘no value’ line.

Furthermore, I have an inkling that Ole is similarly clued in. He’s done well identifying players and can see him being moved into the position if/when he’s hoofed.

Meanwhile, only Barcelona (12) have scored more champions league goals than United (11), level with Bayern.

Unread 25-11-2020, 12:15 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I always suspected it’s because a dof would need to know the transfer budget. There’s the public ‘money available for the right player’ budget, then there’s the reality.
Been my thinking. If the Glazers have to budget with someone who isn't a complete lacky then they can't skim off on a whim.

Unread 25-11-2020, 12:25 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Been my thinking. If the Glazers have to budget with someone who isn't a complete lacky then they can't skim off on a whim.
Indeed.

I did a deep dive into the financials a few seasons ago and presented my findings to the forum. Splurge one season, famine the next; but look at what we spent last season!

I was laughed at. Well....

Unread 25-11-2020, 02:29 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Indeed.

I did a deep dive into the financials a few seasons ago and presented my findings to the forum. Splurge one season, famine the next; but look at what we spent last season!

I was laughed at. Well....
It's been the case ever since they took over. Ronaldo transfer fee paid up front to make the books look better, no value in the market to replace him with.

I think they'll stick with Ole and give him the objective of flushing some turds. He's done a decent job to be fair - I'm sure they'll be wanting Lingard, Jones, Rojo and others off the books. One big plus for Ole over Jose is that he wants to promote youth - much cheapness in that and if he can do the equivalent of the old £5m thanks, now £#%&! off to Sunderland that Fergie managed with a few, then the academy starts paying for itself as well. I genuinely can't see an end to their ownership while there's money to be milked from the club, regardless of trophy count.

Unread 29-11-2020, 03:35 PM
barca99

Terrible team selection

Unread 29-11-2020, 03:53 PM
MUFC One Love

We all know he's gone after the next run of bad results. This is probably the start. Should do enough for a point against PSG but then West Ham away and city at home.

Unread 29-11-2020, 04:04 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
We all know he's gone after the next run of bad results. This is probably the start. Should do enough for a point against PSG but then West Ham away and city at home.
He should be sacked now for not taking Fred off.

Unread 29-11-2020, 04:10 PM
ScarFace

Nah, he'll lose a load then win a handful. His contract is up at the end of the season. We'll limp into the europa .

Unread 29-11-2020, 04:11 PM
AK14

Unread 29-11-2020, 04:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Nah, he'll lose a load then win a handful. His contract is up at the end of the season. We'll limp into the europa .
This. We’ll keep winning enough to give us false hope and pull him back from the brink. We’ll cite individual games as progress as we sit with a shit points total and about 8 defeats.

Unread 29-11-2020, 04:51 PM
barca99

Yessssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 29-11-2020, 04:56 PM
red in cumbria

I mean, lads

Unread 29-11-2020, 04:57 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Terrible team selection
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This. We’ll keep winning enough to give us false hope and pull him back from the brink. We’ll cite individual games as progress as we sit with a shit points total and about 8 defeats.

Unread 29-11-2020, 04:58 PM
andyroo

Boss

Unread 29-11-2020, 04:59 PM
red in cumbria

I think its the Japanese who have a saying - "don't belch until after you've had the meal".

That is this thread today.

Unread 29-11-2020, 04:59 PM
Cream

Quote:
Terrible team selection
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Unread 29-11-2020, 05:02 PM
barca99

Quote:
Should have played cavani from the start, thats obvious tbf

Unread 29-11-2020, 05:03 PM
20LEgend1999

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has now led Manchester United to 8 consecutive away league wins. A new club record.

Unread 29-11-2020, 05:05 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has now led Manchester United to 8 consecutive away league wins. A new club record.

my manager

Unread 29-11-2020, 05:06 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999

A club record you say, that should be enough to get Sparky onside
Closed Thread