United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2010, 02:05 AM
Spiffy

Default Go now, Sir Alex Ferguson, so Jose Mourinho can save your empire.

Quote:
Just over a year ago, I wrote in this column that Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign as the Manchester United manager was coming to an end. His empire was crumbling, just as all great empires from the Romans onwards have eventually crumbled.
To my surprise, United rallied after that and won the Premier League. But this was almost entirely down to the brilliance of one man, Cristiano Ronaldo. Aided and abetted by the almost as brilliant Carlos Tevez. And within weeks of the season ending, both of them were gone.
Since then, Wayne Rooney has stepped into the breach and single-handedly kept United from falling into ignominious disarray. Without his 34 goals, Old Trafford would have been in mutiny by now. Such is the obvious paucity of world-class talent on display when Rooney’s not playing. But his fantastic displays have only served to hide the rotting decay in Sir Alex’s lair.

I watched the Manchester derby yesterday and until Paul Scholes scored that late winner, United looked thoroughly mediocre. This squad is simply not good enough to dominate any more. It’s the weakest I’ve seen at Old Trafford for 15 years and not in the same league as Barcelona, Real Madrid or Inter Milan. And I’m afraid that the main culprit for this is the Emperor himself.
It’s he who let Ronaldo go, when the Portuguese star was at the absolute peak of his powers. It’s he who then let Tevez walk too, refusing to pay a transfer fee that now looks dirt cheap given the goals the devilish Argentinian has smashed in for Manchester City.
It’s he who turned to Michael Owen as a replacement striker, when everyone in football knows that Owen’s legs are shot to pieces. It’s he who paid more than £30million for Dimitar Berbatov, a man now known as the David Blaine of the Premier League because he sits in a box for weeks on end, doing bugger all.
It’s he who tacitly let most of the £80m Ronaldo fee remain in the United coffers, while rival European superteams all bought big.
United diehards will protest that Ferguson has earned the right to only go when he wants to go but I don’t agree. The empire has lost its omnipotence, the Emperor’s judgment has finally failed him and he must now fall on his sword and let someone else take over.
And the obvious candidate for the most coveted position in British football is surely Jose Mourinho.
He’s 20 years younger than Ferguson, a natural-born winner, has done a superb job at Inter Milan (as he has everywhere he’s gone), wants to return to the Premier League and would restore United to where they are used to being: No 1.

And to all United fans who will inevitably rage at me for being a ‘typical anti-United, Southern, Gooner *******’ , I simply say this: if you don’t get him, and get him now, then Mourinho may well end up at Liverpool.
And that, my friends, is your ultimate nightmare come true.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...#ixzz0lPRCWQSI

I didn't think my opinion of Piers Morgan could sink any lower but to my surprise, I'm finding hate I never thought I had in me. I like the way when talking to United fans at the end he refers to us "my friends". I'm pretty sure every red in the land, just like everyone else would like to give his smug, smarmy £#%&!ing face a kicking. @#%&!.

Unread 18-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Spiffy

Default Re: Go now, Sir Alex Ferguson, so Jose Mourinho can save your empire.

He's like a gift that keeps on giving. I've just seen this too.

Quote:
Drogba’s the top dog, not Rooney

Wayne has had, as I said, a tremendous season and gets better all the time. But if you ask me who should win Player of the Year, then it wouldn’t be him.
It would be a man who has started only 27 Premier League games but still managed to score 25 goals without, unlike Rooney, taking any penalties.
And who has tended to do it against the big teams when it really matters. Drogba is not everyone’s cup of tea.

He’s a #@&%!y, belligerent, whining, diving, irritating piece of work. And I still haven’t forgiven him for giving me the runaround last Christmas over an interview.
Yet his power, technical brilliance and lethal instinct in front of goal are the main reasons why Chelsea are almost certain to win the League.

Unread 18-04-2010, 02:16 AM
Grimson

'It’s the weakest I’ve seen at Old Trafford for 15 years and not in the same league as Barcelona, Real Madrid or Inter Milan.'

I honestly don't think he watches much football, other than Arsenal.

Unread 18-04-2010, 02:28 AM
Liu Jian

He's just trying to gets hits like he always does.

Unread 18-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Stickman

What the £#%&! has Piers Morgan got to do with football?

Holds about as much sway as Nigela Lawson on the subject no?

Unread 18-04-2010, 03:03 AM
schnitzel

Expect to see Mourinhio on his kiss ass interview show cos no publicity is better than "free" publicity.

But. The empire was crumbling until Ronaldo and Tevez saved the day?

Did we not win the league twice and the European cup before that.

The guy was a @#%&! at the mirror and he hasnt changed.

Unread 18-04-2010, 03:39 AM
SNAFU

i wouldn't mind stabbing piers tbh

Unread 18-04-2010, 04:16 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAFU
i wouldn't mind stabbing piers tbh
Brilliantly put.

Unread 18-04-2010, 04:56 AM
shadowplay

Why does anyone read this #@&%!?

He appears on 'Britain's got talent' ffs. nft.

Unread 18-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Stickman

love the way Arsenal fans hate Utd above all else.

Unread 18-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Zorg

Piers Morgan being a judge on Britain's Got Talent and writing about football is like Mugabe being appointed honorary president for Amnesty International and writing about Gaelic football in the Irish Times.

I have grudging respect for Morgan simply for blagging making a good living out of things he knows nothing about whatsoever.

Unread 18-04-2010, 08:57 AM
BigRon

to be fair hes got a point in that we are mediocre and weaker than previous seasons. if we were without rooney for as long as arsenal have been without van persie we'd be struggling like £#%&!. can only imagine how many points wed have lost with berbatov leading the line for months on end.

£#%&! mourinho tho, get moysey in. we need another hard as nails scot to continue the legacy.

Unread 18-04-2010, 09:04 AM
irk

he reminds me of the arsenal fan from the fast show.

Unread 18-04-2010, 09:17 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRon
to be fair hes got a point in that we are mediocre and weaker than previous seasons. if we were without rooney for as long as arsenal have been without van persie we'd be struggling like £#%&!. can only imagine how many points wed have lost with berbatov leading the line for months on end.

£#%&! mourinho tho, get moysey in. we need another hard as nails scot to continue the legacy.
dipper or bertie?

to ban or not to ban. hmm.

Unread 18-04-2010, 09:17 AM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
He's just trying to gets hits like he always does.
Exactly.

The man is a prize plum.

Nft

Unread 18-04-2010, 09:21 AM
BigRon

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
dipper or bertie?

to ban or not to ban. hmm.
why dont you try responding to my posts in a rational manner instead of acting like a #@&%!?

have we or have we not been medicore in a large number of games this year?

have we or have we not struggled when rooney hasn't been in the side?

dont see how pointing this out makes me a scouser or a bertie but feel free to explain instead of making pointless remarks.

Unread 18-04-2010, 09:26 AM
irk

Quote:
why dont you try responding to my posts in a rational manner instead of acting like a #@&%!?

have we or have we not been medicore in a large number of games this year?

have we or have we not struggled when rooney hasn't been in the side?

dont see how pointing this out makes me a scouser or a bertie but feel free to explain instead of making pointless remarks.
sir! you simply cannot talk to borsuk like that! it will not do. i bid you good day, sir. GOOD DAY.

Unread 18-04-2010, 09:26 AM
borsuk

Quote:
which ones? that your heart sinks when scholes gets another year? that we should sign gerrard? that we're mediocre? that fergie should have retired in 08?

£#%&! off bertie.

Unread 18-04-2010, 09:27 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
sir! you simply cannot talk to borsuk like that! it will not do. i bid you good day, sir. GOOD DAY.
too late

Unread 18-04-2010, 09:43 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
too late
unconscionable behaviour. quite beyond the pale and unsuited to this finest of gentlemen's clubs. i blackball his application.
Closed Thread