United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
vBookie Event: Manchester United v Juventus (Football)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Manchester United v Juventus (Football)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Manchester United 12/5 (2.40) 6 28249  
Juventus 7/5 F (1.40) 5 167094 WIN!
Draw 12/5 (2.40) 5 10864  

Unread 23-10-2018, 08:53 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I hate agreeing with you on anything, but sadly you're spot on there.

I'm off for a shower now.

My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Lindelof has started to show some balls.
One or two good moments from him - was he at fault for their goal though? (can’t remember).

Those one or two good moments actually make him our best player so far.

To say we’ve got lean pickings in the quality dept is well...

Fat Al

windy waffles

Scholes face.

Unread 23-10-2018, 08:54 PM
puressence

Enjoyed that 1-1

Unread 23-10-2018, 08:56 PM
Sparky***

We're not as good as we were, we all know that.

But there's not being good enough and then there's just being a £#%&!ing lazy, piss-poor shambles. Plenty of teams aren't as good as Juventus, but i'll bet you most of them won't just sit there and watch them play the ball about like it's a glorified training session.

At least show a bit of fight, some guts...have some courage with the ball. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

You don't need a team of world superstars to compete. But we're not even competing.

TheKitchenSink

We shouldn't be playing at this level. Nowhere near good enough.

Hands of Scone

Quote:
'And I love this kid in central de-fence for Manchester, he's showing some real asshole out there'
“He’s certainly demonstrating his strength around the box, Darryl”

Unread 23-10-2018, 08:57 PM
messhead

We are really bad

Unread 23-10-2018, 08:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
We shouldn't be playing at this level. Nowhere near good enough.
I'm sorry but that's just %@#$&!s. We finished 6 points ahead of the Liverpool team that got to the champions league final last year.

It's a £#%&!ing cup competition at the end of the day and we look like we've decided not to bother competing. Unforgivable.

Unread 23-10-2018, 08:59 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Utd might get back into this if Juve become convinced of our shitness but this team still shows no sign of planning or coaching. Makes all the narratives around backing pointless because I see nothing to suggest that with another few hundred million spent that the basic patterns would be any more coherent.
Exactly.

If we were shit but on the road to something, you would persevere.... but we're not.

There is no pattern developing. Three years in and we don't play with any more identity than we did in his first game against Bournemouth .

Most of the players he's brought in are as big an issue as the ones he's kept.

We're going nowhere. And every positive result and new false dawn just wastes time for us to start over again.

Unread 23-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
One or two good moments from him - was he at fault for their goal though? (can’t remember).

Those one or two good moments actually make him our best player so far.

To say we’ve got lean pickings in the quality dept is well...
That's pretty much the size of things.

Individual scouting.

Of first team players for Manchester @#%&!ING United.

Unread 23-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Lindelof has started to show some balls.
Our best player.

Which is kind of like Koppas' best post.

Unread 23-10-2018, 09:02 PM
waynes ear's

£#%&! it

Unread 23-10-2018, 09:03 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Our best player.

Which is kind of like Koppas' best post.
It's true.

A sad state of affairs.

messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm sorry but that's just %@#$&!s. We finished 6 points ahead of the Liverpool team that got to the champions league final last year.

It's a £#%&!ing cup competition at the end of the day and we look like we've decided not to bother competing. Unforgivable.
How many points did de gea save us from losing last season? We got outclassed in the cl last season, is it any surprise it's happening against Juve, a team that are pretty much guaranteed to make it to the semis?

suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We're not as good as we were, we all know that.

But there's not being good enough and then there's just being a £#%&!ing lazy, piss-poor shambles. Plenty of teams aren't as good as Juventus, but i'll bet you most of them won't just sit there and watch them play the ball about like it's a glorified training session.

At least show a bit of fight, some guts...have some courage with the ball. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

You don't need a team of world superstars to compete. But we're not even competing.
We're trying to compete. We just can't.

Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
£#%&! it

Fair play to ya

Unread 23-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Exactly.

If we were shit but on the road to something, you would persevere.... but we're not.

There is no pattern developing. Three years in and we don't play with any more identity than we did in his first game against Bournemouth .

Most of the players he's brought in are as big an issue as the ones he's kept.

We're going nowhere. And every positive result and new false dawn just wastes time for us to start over again.
Yes, Matic is a tugboat, then trying to pair him with guys like Fellaini and Pogba mean we are far too easy to play through in midfield, just too big to cover the ground and turn against smaller players. Lukaku being so limited is another anchor, can't build with such a limited player as the point.

Unread 23-10-2018, 09:05 PM
Jack Duckworth

great, another £#%&!ing half of this shite