United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
vBookie Event: Manchester United v Juventus (Football)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Manchester United v Juventus (Football)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Manchester United 12/5 (2.40) 6 28249  
Juventus 7/5 F (1.40) 5 167094 WIN!
Draw 12/5 (2.40) 5 10864  

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Yet another one of our feast or famine players.

Would love a few consistently half decent lads in our side.

Still baffled as to why we didn't make a substitution considering we were one down.
Yes i'm very surprised we didn't bring one of the huge goal machines off our bench.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
lukaku is clearly not good enough.

I think a little less of anyone who can't see matic's class, though. he is being asked to play midfield on his own. on his £#%&!ing own. put him in a compact three. pogba doesn't even make a two.
Matic might be finished at this level Jem. Too slow, doesn't have the stamina to cover ground when the game get stretched and far too conservative in his passing. Too many touches before releasing the ball.

However, pairing him with other one paced ball hoggers exacerbates his problems. Put some legs around him and perhaps his game still works. Midfield is a mess though, would really like to see Pogba, Fred and Perriera get an extended run, try to get the ball moving quicker.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Buck

That skill from Martial near the end was sublime I have to say.

If he played as many minutes as Lukaku up front he'd score more goals and be more beneficial to the team. Martial scares defenders when he can isolate them.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yes i'm very surprised we didn't bring one of the huge goal machines off our bench.
He's looked at the abysmal state of the bench and thought 'we've got off pretty lightly here, let's not take the piss'.

And that's where we're at.

I don't even care who is to blame any more.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He's looked at the abysmal state of the bench and thought 'we've got off pretty lightly here, let's not take the piss'.

And that's where we're at.

I don't even care who is to blame any more.
That bench included his £50m midfielder.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:15 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

If he played as many minutes as Lukaku up front he'd score more goals and be more beneficial to the team. Martial scares defenders when he can isolate them.
Martial can actually play football. Lukaku should be at Stoke, 'getting into the opposition' and 'putting himself about'.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:16 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Martial can actually play football. Lukaku should be at Stoke, 'getting into the opposition' and 'putting himself about'.
He can’t even do that. For someone so leaden and heavy, he doesn’t half get mustered off the ball. He’s actually not good at anything.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:16 PM
puressence

@

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:17 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
He can’t even do that. For someone so leaden and heavy, he doesn’t half get mustered off the ball. He’s actually not good at anything.
He is a weapon of mass destruction

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:18 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

utd are as well to get out of this comp at the group and save further humiliation. we'll get £#%&!ed in turin and probs beat in valencia, we're burnley without the fight

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:19 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
True

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Midfield is a mess though, would really like to see Pogba, Fred and Perriera get an extended run, try to get the ball moving quicker.
would like to see valencia, pereira and matic, with pogba playing an advanced role behind martial. and another player somewhere who can pass to his own team, move around a bit and close down. what we were expecting from sanchez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

indeed.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:25 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
would like to see valencia, pereira and matic, with pogba playing an advanced role behind martial. and another player somewhere who can pass to his own team, move around a bit and close down. what we were expecting from sanchez.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:25 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
utd are as well to get out of this comp at the group and save further humiliation. we'll get £#%&!ed in turin and probs beat in valencia, we're burnley without the fight
EL league escape route back into the CL.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:33 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Matic might be finished at this level Jem. Too slow, doesn't have the stamina to cover ground when the game get stretched and far too conservative in his passing. Too many touches before releasing the ball.

However, pairing him with other one paced ball hoggers exacerbates his problems. Put some legs around him and perhaps his game still works. Midfield is a mess though, would really like to see Pogba, Fred and Perriera get an extended run, try to get the ball moving quicker.
Fred must wonder what the £#%&! he's got himself into.

Seriously, what was the point of shelling out 50m on him to just leave him sat there as teams waltz through our midfield.

He's been fine when he's played. A few jittery moments, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a midfielder adapting to the league.

Seemingly another one we can file alongside Bailly, Mkjitrayan, Sanchez as players he's signed that he doesn't like.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:35 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Fred must wonder what the £#%&! he's got himself into.

Seriously, what was the point of shelling out 50m on him to just leave him sat there as teams waltz through our midfield.

He's been fine when he's played. A few jittery moments, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a midfielder adapting to the league.
At least he could get the ball to the forwards quickly

We were crying out for a player like him to link mata and the rest

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:45 PM
sa7

Remembering it’s United vs Juventus tonight:

Subsequently remembering that it isn’t 1996

Manchester Mounited

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:48 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Remembering it’s United vs Juventus tonight:

Subsequently remembering that it isn’t 1996

Manchester Mounited
Indeed.

A glamorous fixture brought right back down to earth by the shitness that is us.

I see we were late to the ground AGAIN

Unread 23-10-2018, 11:05 PM
Whalefish

For whatever reason, despite the defeats this season and the shite football for ages, I always wondered how far United had actually fallen. Fully aware Juventus are one of the best teams in Europe but I'm surpised how bad it really is. By all means ditch the manager, bring another in, but £#%&! me despite all the millions spent that squad still needs a truckload more spent on it. How ffs? Coaching is only going to do so much with some of the dross available. There are gaps all over the pitch in terms of what's needed. United might have the numbers but where's the alternative to Lukaku, where are the (proper) wide players especially from the right? Who is pulling the strings in midfield? We all know what's up with the defence.

Just awful, from top to bottom.

Unread 23-10-2018, 11:07 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
For whatever reason, despite the defeats this season and the shite football for ages, I always wondered how far United had actually fallen. Fully aware Juventus are one of the best teams in Europe but I'm surpised how bad it really is. By all means ditch the manager, bring another in, but £#%&! me despite all the millions spent that squad still needs a truckload more spent on it. How ffs? Coaching is only going to do so much with some of the dross available. There are gaps all over the pitch in terms of what's needed. United might have the numbers but where's the alternative to Lukaku, where are the (proper) wide players especially from the right? Who is pulling the strings in midfield? We all know what's up with the defence.

Just awful, from top to bottom.
Look at Arsenal

Young manager with a fresh perspective and there flying