United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:14 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Add a midfielder and a dominant centre back and we’d have the squad to get top for comfortably.
Quote:
We look sharp

Get Maguire, Longstaff and a holding midfielder and we’ll challenge this season...
So we looked that sharp that an hour later we now need an additional midfielder

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:15 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Just wait till De Ligt joins up with the squad.
Be in 3 years pal when we back at the top table and his owner wants a new deal

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:16 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
So we looked that sharp that an hour later we now need an additional midfielder
Squad game pal.

We’re lite as £#%&! in midfield and Longstaff would be a good option to have in the squad

puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Any big meaty extended highlights pal ?

Just woke up.

Gutted I missed the boys.
Was great bunks Gomes needs minutes absolutely good enough

messhead

Last time we played this well during pre-season was LVG's very first summer here. Hopefully we can replicate the big mans success.

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:18 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Be in 3 years pal when we back at the top table and his owner wants a new deal
Hopefully united have new owners by then. All in all it was a good game. Would like to see gomes and chong get more mins this season.

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:20 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Last time we played this well during pre-season was LVG's very first summer here. Hopefully we can replicate the big mans success.
Even then it was a World Cup summer with a load of shit like Tyler Blackett getting game time and many of the squad being replaced (with inferior players )

We seem a lot more settled this summer tbf...

I’m slowly gaining confidence we can have a good season

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:22 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
We look sharp

Let’s hope it continues into the season

Get Maguire, Longstaff and a holding midfielder and we’ll challenge this season...

Challenge what exactly?

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:22 PM
Lok

Quote:
Even then it was a World Cup summer with a load of shit like Tyler Blackett getting game time and many of the squad being replaced (with inferior players )

We seem a lot more settled this summer tbf...

I’m slowly gaining confidence we can have a good season
Not sure I even know what a good season is any more. 4th place with a good cup run?

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:25 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris

Challenge what exactly?
We're in Checkatrade Trophy I think.

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:25 PM
AK14

Quote:

Challenge what exactly?
Top 3

A cup competition.

Don’t be so negative Norris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Not sure I even know what a good season is any more. 4th place with a good cup run?
Along with playing attacking football and the younger players looking like they’ll reach they’re potential

I’ll take that.

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:32 PM
messhead

Rashford's goal was very well taken, and I love the look of Greenwood. I'm not going to raise my expectations too much though, the past few years have knocked it out of me. This season isn't about challenging, it's about getting a team together that plays well and for one another. If we can do that, then get one or two top top players in next year then we can start thinking about challenging imo. I'm still hoping for another couple of signing this window tbh.

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:41 PM
Jethro

There are clearly going to be many ups and downs during the coming season but the past two games have given me small hope that there actually is some hunger and desire in the squad. Holding midfielder along with a CB is a necessity. The goals will come nqat

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:43 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
There are clearly going to be many ups and downs during the coming season but the past two games have given me small hope that there actually is some hunger and desire in the squad. Holding midfielder along with a CB is a necessity. The goals will come nqat
Perth Glory and Leeds United...

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:44 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
For sure. We've needed a holding midfielder for years. Even when Matic first joined, none of the the other options were sufficient. To be honest I never thought Matic was particularly good for us, he was decent in his first season and that's about it. His legs looked like they were going at Chelsea

Who do we fancy? I'd love to see us go all out for Neves.

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:45 PM
Seamus

Quote:

Challenge what exactly?
your negativity

Unread 17-07-2019, 02:58 PM
doudou

Unread 17-07-2019, 03:04 PM
Redrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Rashford's goal was very well taken, and I love the look of Greenwood. I'm not going to raise my expectations too much though, the past few years have knocked it out of me. This season isn't about challenging, it's about getting a team together that plays well and for one another. If we can do that, then get one or two top top players in next year then we can start thinking about challenging imo. I'm still hoping for another couple of signing this window tbh.
Yep, spot on.

Unread 17-07-2019, 03:11 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Chong had a good half there but no where near ready
Very loose and raw in his play

Greenwood and Gomes are ready and are already better players than Lingard and Mata
Worry that those later 2 will get the minutes only because there senior players who Ole likes
Agree on Chong.

Thought Perrerra or however you spell it looked decent. Lingard garbage. Mata I don’t mind if we are playing short passing game, but if counter attack then not a chance. James a way better option already.

The good news is that one season on from appearances in the last preseason, the young lads are now looking stronger and definitely pushing some of the shit@#%&!s.

Reall worry about Martial. Not just these two halves, but last season as well. Ole already said if Lukaku goes we will replace, so Martial maybe one of the ones he was referring to when he said players will realise they are not part of the plans.

Unread 17-07-2019, 03:15 PM
andyroo

So Western Sydney Wanderers should thrash Leeds on Saturday then. Nice
Closed Thread