United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Default Nani news.

I have heard from a southern Friend who works in the business that Nani is down in London after last nights game.

Reportedly he will sign for around 13.5 million and We will take Berbatov as a 'Golden handshake' type deal.

We scratch their back they will scratch ours.

I believed Sporting was our 'Feeder' club so how is it he has chosen to talk to them first?

This has come from a reliable source in the past.

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Rhodzy

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...&clid=1&cpid=8

Sporting are not our feeder club anymore

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Whalefish

Cue forum meltdown.

Although I'd personally prefer Anderson or Ribery.

Morten Gamst it is then.

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Bunker Buster

He is apparently in London with Mendes.

Would you take the Friendly Bartering of United and Spurs to secure Berbatov over Nani?

Im not at all happy.

But maybe he wont take to Spurs and make another decision.

Why is he hamming United up and so strongly lin ked to Spurs.

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Morten Gamst it is then.
Ive told you about him mate.

He is a back up in my view.

Although Fergie traveling to personally watch a player only 2 hours after the Final whistle at OTee is unusual.

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Whalefish

Considering the lack of decent strikers on the market I would be very happy with Berbatov.

Not sure I'm that keen on Nani going to Spurs given the lack of alternatives. But Ribery is available, as is Anderson.

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Bunker Buster

What i personally feel is Nani is he is a bit of a gamble, sure he is friends with Ronnie but he is unproven on the big stage.

Fergie dosent usually take HUGE risks with players.

There may actually be some evidence to suggest the 'Golden handshake' Arrangement.

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:15 PM
puressence

come on frank ribery please

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:18 PM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Considering the lack of decent strikers on the market I would be very happy with Berbatov.

Not sure I'm that keen on Nani going to Spurs given the lack of alternatives. But Ribery is available, as is Anderson.

[SIZE="7"]T E V E Z

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1
[SIZE="7"]T E V E Z
Dont be £#%&!ing Stupid.

He has personally Sucked chelsea's #@&%! in the media of the last few days.

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1
[SIZE="7"]T E V E Z
Not the striker we are looking for.......

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:28 PM
red @rmy

Ian Ormondroyd.

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:54 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Ian Ormondroyd.
Ian Olney. nft.

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Barracuda

I think one thing to bear in mind regarding 'gamble' players, is that since the Glazer takeover, the club are much less likely to go in for them.

I remember a quote from Gill in an interview last summer, - 'We have to get transfers right from now on'.

In other words, - 'The Glazers will smack our arses if we waste any money like we did on Veron, Forlan, Taibi, Kleberson etc'.

Therefore any big money buys will be those who are almost cast iron certainties to be a success, and those who aren't are likely to be much cheaper buys.

Nani being a young kid from a different country is far from certain to be a hit, and he'd be a very expensive gamble to take - the same applies to Anderson ... I don't think the club is prepared to take those kind of gambles anymore when they have such big £#%&! off interest payments to repay.

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Whip Hubley

Ibrahim Ba

Unread 28-05-2007, 05:59 PM
nick henry

Gary Penrice

Unread 28-05-2007, 06:00 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
I think one thing to bear in mind regarding 'gamble' players, is that since the Glazer takeover, the club are much less likely to go in for them.

I remember a quote from Gill in an interview last summer, - 'We have to get transfers right from now on'.

In other words, - 'The Glazers will smack our arses if we waste any money like we did on Veron, Forlan, Taibi, Kleberson etc'.

Therefore any big money buys will be those who are almost cast iron certainties to be a success, and those who aren't are likely to be much cheaper buys.

Nani being a young kid from a different country is far from certain to be a hit, and he'd be a very expensive gamble to take - the same applies to Anderson ... I don't think the club is prepared to take those kind of gambles anymore when they have such big £#%&! off interest payments to repay.
so all our future strikers and future wingers will be from english clubs...

well thats great news....

Unread 28-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
so all our future strikers and future wingers will be from english clubs...

well thats great news....

Unread 28-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Ibrahim Ba
Iboh (was that his nickname?) £#%&!ing ruled. I bought the Yellow Milan away shirt and then got Ba 33 (IIRC) printed on it for under fifteen quid.

Unread 28-05-2007, 06:05 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I have heard from a southern Friend who works in the business that Nani is down in London after last nights game.

Reportedly he will sign for around 13.5 million and We will take Berbatov as a 'Golden handshake' type deal.

We scratch their back they will scratch ours.

I believed Sporting was our 'Feeder' club so how is it he has chosen to talk to them first?

This has come from a reliable source in the past.
wum
Closed Thread