Originally Posted by puressence
hes joining on thursday

but im not sure which one

Which Thursday or which Owen?

Michael or Hargreaves?

RORO!?

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I reckon if we havent heard anything by wednesday the deal is dead. Fee agreed, player wants to come here so salary shouldnt be too tough to crack. Shouldnt take more than a couple of days for a situation like that.

I actually wonder how many united fans would be all that bothered if the deal fell through anyway? the level of enthusiasm for a 17m player is at a decidedly low level. In fact i think there was more interest with the carrick deal.

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:20 AM
edwin

After the amount of bullshit the club has put out about signing players over the last two years, I don't think anyone takes it seriously these days until a player actually signs.

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:22 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
I reckon if we havent heard anything by wednesday the deal is dead. Fee agreed, player wants to come here so salary shouldnt be too tough to crack. Shouldnt take more than a couple of days for a situation like that.

I actually wonder how many united fans would be all that bothered if the deal fell through anyway? the level of enthusiasm for a 17m player is at a decidedly low level. In fact i think there was more interest with the carrick deal.
Only because our Midfield was worse before Carrick than now.

I'm not excited about Hargreaves, but that's probably because it's dragged on so long and is hardly a suprise.

I'll be bitterly disappointed if it falls through now.

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:31 AM
MethodMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin
After the amount of bullshit the club has put out about signing players over the last two years, I don't think anyone takes it seriously these days until a player actually signs.
well said that man

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:32 AM
puressence

im expecting this transfer to go on till your season ticket renewal date has elapsed

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

I hope this trtansfer drags on for weeks, enabling the comedy geniuses on here to indulge their passion for hilarious WUMS. Oh and for Lou to go on about there far better players available for zero pence without making a single sensible suggestion. Bring it on. Woop, woop!!

Unread 29-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I hope this trtansfer drags on for weeks, enabling the comedy geniuses on here to indulge their passion for hilarious WUMS. Oh and for Lou to go on about there far better players available for zero pence without making a single sensible suggestion. Bring it on. Woop, woop!!
I dont need to make a suggestion for someone better, thats not the point, all i'm saying is that i think if the deal fell through a hell of a lot of united fans would just shrug their shoulders and say 'next'. I'm not saying hargreaves is no good - i've not seen enough of him to make a call one way or the other to be honest, (but at 17m he needs to be good).

I'd much rather carrick and hargreaves for 32m than a veron player for 30m anyway, that to me makes a lot more sense and you have to say carrick is starting to look like a very good footballer. If hargreaves can also come on board and do as well as carrick has then we'll have one hell of a team. But if he doesnt come in, we will still have a great team and i guess thats the point - that maybe at this point we dont need him as much as we did.

Unread 29-05-2007, 03:51 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
I dont need to make a suggestion for someone better, thats not the point, all i'm saying is that i think if the deal fell through a hell of a lot of united fans would just shrug their shoulders and say 'next'. I'm not saying hargreaves is no good - i've not seen enough of him to make a call one way or the other to be honest, (but at 17m he needs to be good).

I'd much rather carrick and hargreaves for 32m than a veron player for 30m anyway, that to me makes a lot more sense and you have to say carrick is starting to look like a very good footballer. If hargreaves can also come on board and do as well as carrick has then we'll have one hell of a team. But if he doesnt come in, we will still have a great team and i guess thats the point - that maybe at this point we dont need him as much as we did.
i think we need him. it's too much money but so was Carrick. i don't expect him to sign the contract until July..........................at least.

nft.
Closed Thread