United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-05-2007, 11:41 AM
carlosartorial

I only ever went on the United Road when the Stretford was shut.

Used to go in the Stret then the old fella on the gate would let me through to the seats where I would meet my Dad at KO.

I was a teenage E-Stand mentalist.

Best game was when we played Leeds in the league cup semi at OT (3-1???) and E-Stand (Stretford Seats) was shut because that was where most of the trouble was during the league game the previous December. Anyway, we got in anyway and there were only about 25 people in there. Remember running up and down the aisles in celebration as Sharpey roasted Sterland.

Quality having a full stand to yourself.

Unread 23-05-2007, 11:48 AM
My Name is Keith

I was a United Road regular until I saw a couple of lads acting big men 'smoking cigars and stuff' in K stand. I wanted to be like them and therefore graduated up there.

Great days though. I can remember Pete with his red leather because he used to be on the right side stretty end.

Can also remember jumping over the barriers regularly to get into the no man's land pens next to the away fans.

Unread 23-05-2007, 12:14 PM
LH_88

United Road, what a place. Had my first season ticket in there when I was 12.

I remember little Tim telling Shaun to sit down after Giggsy had just equalised against Juve. When Shaun answered back, what seemed like the whole stand turned on Shaun. Mad stuff.

The different groups of Irish supporters we would have on the row in front were always funny aswell. Some of the arguments they had with each other over Gaelic football were unreal. They only ever stopped to cheer Keano or Dennis on, or to dribble guinness down their tops.

Some of you post 2001 numpties don't even know you're born.

Unread 23-05-2007, 12:14 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedRoad
I haven't seen him in years...First time I saw him after he'd lost all that weight I thought he had £#%&!ing cancer or something. It was unreal. He used be huge and then I think he spent a Summer in Greece or something and just went on a super diet, literally must have lost 10 stone. Lovely lad. Him and little john had a bit of a set to on a twiggy coach once which was hilarious - john was pretty game but big andy was the size of a house! jesus
i was the same mate ..andy just disappeard he looked ill as £#%&! at the time .. happpy days

Unread 23-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Brenner

Default Happy Days

"K Stand, K Stand - give us a song, K Stand - give us a song..."

I remember in the mid-80's when the hooliganism started to escalate again, it became fashionable to take pictures of each other

Some of the boys used to take pictures on polaroid cameras of the away fans (no £#%&!in mobile phone cameras then you know ) who were doing your £#%&!in nut in, so that you could clock their faces properly on the photo, then beat £#%&! out of them after the match, with the added certainty you'd be banjo-ing the right lad

Unread 23-05-2007, 02:14 PM
nei

You can see Andy at a ground in North of Manc that shall remain nameless

Unread 23-05-2007, 02:31 PM
LH_88

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei
Moston Brook

Unread 23-05-2007, 02:33 PM
keane Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_football
rub it in why don't you,

I have been born a generation to late
join the club

Unread 23-05-2007, 02:35 PM
elephantstone

they were the last of the better days if that makes sense?

Unread 23-05-2007, 02:39 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Little John from Gorton
If it's the same one I'm thinking of, he still goes, he got a false tooth pallete thingy, when we scored at Maine rd a few years back, I turned round to see this set of teeth on my £#%&!ing shoulder.

Dosen't live in Gorton anymore.

Unread 23-05-2007, 02:42 PM
elephantstone

is that hotshot?

Unread 23-05-2007, 02:43 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
is that hotshot?
No. not the one I'm on about.

Unread 23-05-2007, 02:45 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Anyone used to stand at the end near the away fans and get in at about midday just to give them shit about their silly hats, being billy bunter or having ugly birds and that? meet up at the chippy at 11, game of footy on the forecourt til gates open.

Some real legends back then - Big Phil from Stretford, Little Andy, Pete with his maroon leather jacket, Terry the cockney with the big chin, Big Andy who was huge then lost a load of weight and ended up selling badges on Warwick Rd, Little John from Gorton - these were proper reds. Home and Away week in week out. - Port Vale in the League Cup was hilarious, all on a special bus and we catch a copper having a piss in a bush, special trains, Twiggy's coach from Old Trafford for away games, getting chased across a service station bridge on the way back from Norwich in Fergie's second game by an Alsatian.

There was another lad who ran with us who got absolutely crushed by a lorry on his bike and still turned up being held together by metal pins.

I remember Big Phil making up Ooh Ah Paul McGrath at Hull away as well.

Now THAT is a £#%&!ing terrace anthem...These boys made today's self proclaimed 'uber-reds' an embarrasment.

Conga down United Road against Charlton when it was half £#%&!ing empty

£#%&!ing great days. We always won £#%&! all but it was a proper laugh
I was only about 12-13 when my dad used to take me to away matches. We had season tickets at Old Trafford and about once a month we take off for an away match. Those were the days!

But not to fear, I've got the excitement of Major League Baseball to get my heart pounding these days!

Unread 23-05-2007, 02:46 PM
red @rmy

I was a stretfordender, £1.10 to get in, then climb over that little wall to United Road.

Moved into K, about 7 years ago.

Unread 23-05-2007, 02:46 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Can also remember jumping over the barriers regularly to get into the no man's land pens next to the away fans.

Unread 23-05-2007, 02:48 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei
burys not in north manchester ..has he gone watching that lot

Unread 23-05-2007, 02:57 PM
nei

Unread 23-05-2007, 04:08 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei
like it

Unread 23-05-2007, 04:19 PM
illkid

i used to go in the stretford paddock and then squeeze through the bent bars at the bottom corner and running like £#%&! so the steward didnt catch you, but even if they did they just put you back in the paddock great days my pocket money got my train fair ,admission and a can of coke

Unread 23-05-2007, 05:01 PM
UnitedRoad

Default £#%&!ing hell Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I was a United Road regular until I saw a couple of lads acting big men 'smoking cigars and stuff' in K stand. I wanted to be like them and therefore graduated up there.

Great days though. I can remember Pete with his red leather because he used to be on the right side stretty end.

you've got a good memory! Pete was Right Side, I was always in the Tunnel and there was a guy called Eppy with long hair who was the main boy in the left stide. We got Pete to migrate over to the Road after a while because he had such a laugh with us on the Twiggy coach on aways!

WE ARE THE TUNNEL WE ARE THE TUNNEL WE ARE THE TUNNEL STRETFORD END
Closed Thread