United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-06-2016, 03:37 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Just a few that spring to mind pal....
That's a pretty impressive portfolio for a 15-year managerial career.

Who are they?

Unread 09-06-2016, 03:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Football

Quote:
Quote:
On 12 December 2010, Morata made his debut for the first team when he was brought on as a substitute for Ángel Di María in the 88th minute of a 3–1 La Liga win at Real Zaragoza.[7] Ten days later, he made his debut in the Copa del Rey, also coming from the bench in the last minutes. In January 2011, after Gonzalo Higuaín's injury, Spanish media appointed him to be his replacement in the main squad. However, Mourinho discarded this option saying that "he's not prepared to be in the starting lineup of Real Madrid. He needs to grow up and finish his formation with Castilla";[8] in this period of time he scored five goals in four matches with the reserves,[9] while Emmanuel Adebayor was being signed to fit the missing striker in the first team.
Not forced to play him etc.

Unread 09-06-2016, 03:38 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Signing for RB Leipzig..
But... but... Mourinho and his kids...

Unread 09-06-2016, 03:42 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not forced to play him etc.
Morataers himself is very grateful for how he was handled:

"Mourinho could have chosen some other player, but he chose me and I'll be grateful to him for the rest of my life," the Spaniard said.

Not so positive about the man who followed Mou:

"I still don't understand why at Madrid I went from playing well to sitting in the stands. I didn't ask to be in the starting line-up, but to be treated better... If you train well, you play matches... but it's in the past. I can still get so much better here. I didn't speak much to Ancelotti, he said hello in the morning, gave me some instructions before the games... The truth is I didn't have much to do with him," Morata recently said.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/alvaro-mora...-debut-1493664

Was a story in Marca a couple of days ago that Morata keen to work with Mou again. Cant say im too keen on it with rashers and marty here, decent player though.

Unread 09-06-2016, 03:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Morataers himself is very grateful for how he was handled:

"Mourinho could have chosen some other player, but he chose me and I'll be grateful to him for the rest of my life," the Spaniard said.

Not so positive about the man who followed Mou:

"I still don't understand why at Madrid I went from playing well to sitting in the stands. I didn't ask to be in the starting line-up, but to be treated better... If you train well, you play matches... but it's in the past. I can still get so much better here. I didn't speak much to Ancelotti, he said hello in the morning, gave me some instructions before the games... The truth is I didn't have much to do with him," Morata recently said.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/alvaro-mora...-debut-1493664

Was a story in Marca a couple of days ago that Morata keen to work with Mou again. Cant say im too keen on it with rashers and marty here, decent player though.
Players always love the man who gave them their debut.

He got two Liga goals in three seasons under Mou, though. Hardly a revelation.

Unread 09-06-2016, 03:45 PM
saffers

Quote:
He got two Liga goals in three seasons under Mou, though. Hardly a revelation.
Not far off his league goal ratio at Juve lately.

Unread 09-06-2016, 03:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Not far off his league goal ratio at Juve lately.
I do actually like him, tbf. Will be interesting to see how he gets on at the Euros. Does need to get more goals, though.

Unread 09-06-2016, 04:13 PM
Cream

Quote:
I do actually like him, tbf. Will be interesting to see how he gets on at the Euros. Does need to get more goals, though.
Big game player, would have a cheeky wager if I knew who he played for.

Unread 10-06-2016, 09:42 AM
saffers

Unread 10-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Neo

Saged this lad for a while.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=12

Perhaps he's an option out wide, but he looks like a proper centre-forward IMO, so not sure how he'd fit in, given Martial and Rashford are coming through, and Zlatan looks like he's incoming.

Unread 10-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Sizlack

Quote:

Take that RB Leipzig!

Unread 10-06-2016, 09:59 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Hates young players does Jose. Bloody hates them

Unread 10-06-2016, 10:10 AM
Time For Heroes

Can't believe we've finally got one over on Leipzig, we're really on our way now.

Unread 10-06-2016, 10:28 AM
dunk

Our basket of strikers overflows.. finally.

Unread 10-06-2016, 10:34 AM
sa7

All laughing about the Leipzig thing aside (Leipzig FFS ), these are exactly the sort of signings we should be making.

Young player, highly promising, at a smaller club who we can realistically get players from and with everything to prove. Similar to Depay who, despite being absolute £#%&! last season, is at least the sort of profiling we should be applying in our search for players.

Makes so much more sense (both sportingly and also financially) than spending the summer fruitlessly thinking we can realistically get Neymar or £#%&!ing Bale.

Unread 10-06-2016, 10:37 AM
saffers

Quote:

Our basket of strikers overflows.. finally.
Wonder if he's "proper black" enough for ashtonred

Reece Oxford next

Unread 10-06-2016, 10:42 AM
dunk

Quote:
Wonder if he's "proper black" enough for ashtonred

Reece Oxford next
Looks a bit light for Ashers tastes tbh.

I'd be delighted if we nicked Oxford fond memories of him putting Ozil in his pocket opening day last season. Bit of a potential monster..

Bailly, Embolo, Oxford... sort of signings that could get me onside with Mou..

Unread 10-06-2016, 10:46 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Thumbs up

Quote:
Bailly, Embolo, Oxford... sort of signings that could get me onside with Mou..
Welcome aboard pal

Unread 10-06-2016, 10:49 AM
Jethro

This lad the business then? My knowledge of Swiss Football is limited to say the least.

Unread 10-06-2016, 10:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
Welcome aboard pal
Add a Pogba and a pacey right winger, a RB and another CB and I'm there
Closed Thread