United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-05-2007, 11:29 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
No I am not a bit simple - your reasoning is. "They have contested over half the finals?" yet Ajax are a bigger side? It makes no sense. However they got their money is irrelevant. They ARE the biggest clubs in the world. You can't even compare to Chelsea because they have no history - unlike Real and Madrid.You have to look at the whole package.

Oh, and I suppose when Real won four/five in a row, it was because they had loadsa money was it? No.
You are aware of how they managed to get hold of players like Di Stéfano, Koppa (who was purchased of one of their main European rivals) etc, aren't you?

As for the first part of your post, that's not my reaasoning at all. I consider Ajax a greater club to Madrid because they changed the way football is played, with a team that was almost totally made up of talent produced within the club - something they manageds both in the 70's and 90's. As for AC, they weren't even the biggest club in Milan untill Mr Berlusconi took over.

Give Chelsea another 10-15 years of Russin ownership and they manage to win a similar amount of trophies as us. Will they then be a comparable club?

Unread 30-05-2007, 11:35 AM
koppas

No Chelsea have no history. I am talking about the WHOLE package.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Unread 30-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Mark18**

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
No Chelsea have no history. I am talking about the WHOLE package.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Yeah they have no history and do citeh?

Unread 30-05-2007, 11:46 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark18**
Yeah they have no history and do citeh?
31 years of it.
Closed Thread