United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-05-2007, 11:56 AM
koppas

Exclamation Who do you think is the world's biggest club?

I was thinking about this last night when watching Football Factories. Don't know why but got me thinking. We are often refered to as the world's biggest club but, taking off the red tinted specs, only one club that springs to mind.

Real Madrid.

History, fan base, stadium, location, transfers, money - hate the @#%&!s but there is only one club that can claim to be the world's biggest.

Anyone agree/disagree?

Unread 29-05-2007, 11:57 AM
El Calafate

in this order

Real, Milan, Barca, United, Juve, Inter, Bayern

nft.

Unread 29-05-2007, 11:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Manchester City. Next.

Unread 29-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

In this order;

Real, Milan, Juve, Barcelona, United, Inter, Bayern

Unread 29-05-2007, 11:59 AM
carlosartorial

Either The Ritzy in Bradford or that one in Ibiza.

Unread 29-05-2007, 12:01 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Either The Ritzy in Bradford or that one in Ibiza.
Amnesia?

I think the one in Magaluf is meant to be the biggest.

Not quite the same thing though.

Unread 29-05-2007, 12:04 PM
808state

It all depend on what credentials you're using to determine 'biggest'. I'd say clubs like Benfica, Ajax, Red Star Belgrade would be up there, but they happen to play in a country with a shite league. You seem to have listed the current superpowers, and forgotten about historically 'Big' clubs.

Unread 29-05-2007, 12:05 PM
red @rmy

Fcum.
Or this one.

Unread 29-05-2007, 12:06 PM
koppas

As for credentials, the whole package. Support, trophies, history, transfers - everything.

Unread 29-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
In this order;

Real, Milan, Juve, Barcelona, United, Inter, Bayern
Under what criteria are Juventus ever bigger than United ?

My fairly permanent top 3 ( not in any particular order, although I'd say Real are shading it at the moment )

Real Madrid
United
Barcelona.

Unread 29-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Stickman

Its got to be Real Madrid.

Unread 29-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Cantona's collar

I know we're United fans but ffs lets not talk %@#$&!s, any list of the biggest clubs in the world must have the scouse @#%&!s quite high, its not a fact i like but it can't be denied, along with us and Madrid they are one of the top 3 clubs in the world.

Unread 29-05-2007, 12:26 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
I know we're United fans but ffs lets not talk %@#$&!s, any list of the biggest clubs in the world must have the scouse @#%&!s quite high, its not a fact i like but it can't be denied, along with us and Madrid they are one of the top 3 clubs in the world.

Unread 29-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Fountz

Default Now you're being very silly.

Quote:
What, Liverpool are bigger than Milan and Barcelona ? , don't be ridiculous !

Top 10 yes.. Top 3 NEVER.

Unread 29-05-2007, 12:29 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
absolute %@#$&!s. nft.

Unread 29-05-2007, 12:30 PM
1MUFC

United are the biggest club on the planet, every where we go sells out, the same cant be said for Barcelona, Real Madrid etc. Liverpool are a big club with history, that’s why we don’t like them among other reason, they are the only club that rivals us imo.

Unread 29-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Liverpool had 5 good cup runs, that doesn't make them a big club. Not in my ever so humble opinion.

I don't know why I think Juve are bigger than United either, when I was growing up they were (90s) so I just presumed. Call it idiot's intuition, but at least my driveway isn't the laughing stock of my street. No, It is I who is the laughing stock of my street.

El Calafate

however, it shouldn't be forgotten that Real and Milan have both been backed to the hilt by the government and a prime minister who has his own tv company, ffs. nft.

Zorg

city
Newcastle
Sunderland
Stoke
Celtic

This is going purely off what these clubs' fans think.

Unread 29-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
What, Liverpool are bigger than Milan and Barcelona ? , don't be ridiculous !

Top 10 yes.. Top 3 NEVER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
absolute %@#$&!s. nft.
Manchester United, Liverpool and Madrid have the biggest number of fans worldwide, Milan's record in europe is fantastic granted but their fan base doesn't compare to the 3 mentioned.

As for Barcelona, i would be intrested to know why people think they are one of the biggest clubs in the world, yes they are a great side but their European record is pretty poor (as is ours).

Liverpool's european cup record also speaks for itself.
Closed Thread