United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Default Any 'inside' News on the Hargreaves deal?

I know Gill has been in Malaysia dealing with that situation but just wondered if anyone knew how far along the hargreaves deal is?

Is anyone able to give a status update?

Seems to be taking a fair bit longer than i would have thought considering this is a van nistelroy type move where all parties are agreed on the move.

Unread 28-05-2007, 04:28 PM
mark o

Todays Manchester Evening News is reporting that the deal should be completed tomorrow.

Unread 28-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Spiffy

They've tipped the settee upside down and checked inside the washing machine and we haven't got enough cash. They just need to sell some players and hopefully there will still be time left in this transfer window, otherwise we'll have a right good go in January.

Unread 28-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Bunker Buster

FC intercepted him at the airport, he will now ply his trade in The Northen premier.

Unread 28-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Ether

78.6% complete as of 16.00 today.

Unread 28-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Skag Trendy

The deals off,Andy Walsh offered to pay his wages and transfer fee out his own pocket.

Unread 28-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
78.6% complete as of 16.00 today.
Good man, thats the kind of accuracy i was looking for. Keep that up and you may well be in line for a promotion.

Unread 28-05-2007, 11:34 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
The deals off,Andy Walsh offered to pay his wages and transfer fee out his own pocket.

Unread 29-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Gog Coch

Goodbye Heinze hello Hargreaves day today. - Reuters.

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Goodbye Heinze hello Hargreaves day today. - Reuters.
Link?

I dont see it on Reuters home page?

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Link?

I dont see it on Reuters home page?
Ok ITN News?

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:31 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
he also agreed to learn him to drive on the lefthandside of the rd for free

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Paul Mcgrath

Some interesting news on the Hargreaves deal. Apparently Owen's favourite animal is a dog, and his last meal if on death row would be burger and chips.

MOTWYW.

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:44 AM
The Return of JC

No. No 'inside news'.

However, I have some half baked, shallow story where I pretend to know things and use sentences like 'watch this this space' to get attention and then 'that's just what I heard though' to defend myself.

Would that help?

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Paul Mcgrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
No. No 'inside news'.

However, I have some half baked, shallow story where I pretend to know things and use sentences like 'watch this this space' to get attention and then 'that's just what I heard though' to defend myself.

Would that help?
Yes, greatly. What news do you have?

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:57 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mcgrath
Yes, greatly. What news do you have?
Well, apparently there has been a bit of a 'sticking point'.

Bayern have reluctantly 'accepted' our offer. But I got this friend (usually reliable source) who says the deal is a Glazer smokescreen.

The reason for the delay is that Hargreaves isn't fully fit. He hasn't passed his medical. However, the real story is that United knew he wouldn't and that's why they've bid for him.

We've pretended to be interested in a player we know will fail a medical.

Kind of like when Newcastle were in for Rooney. They knew they'd lose out to us but it showed their fans that they were ambitious.

Why do you think the club has refused to comment?

They aren't about to wax lyrical about someone who isn't signing. But as long as we think he is then the club can pretend it's £17m we have.

Remember when RVN was about to sign the first time? He called a press conference to announce his delight at signing, but the club was far more coy.
They played the whole thing down and then.......boom! Injured.

How convenient.

An announcement will be made today that Hargreaves has failed the medical and the deal is off.

United save face, pretend their amibtious and we curse our luck.

Will that do?

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Paul Mcgrath

Quote:

Bayern have reluctantly 'accepted' our offer. But I got this friend (usually reliable source) who says the deal is a Glazer smokescreen.

The reason for the delay is that Hargreaves isn't fully fit. He hasn't passed his medical. However, the real story is that United knew he wouldn't and that's why they've bid for him.

Kind of like when Newcastle were in for Rooney. They knew they'd lose out to us but it showed their fans that they were ambitious.

They aren't about to wax lyrical about someone who isn't signing. But as long as we think he is then the club can pretend it's £17m we have.

Remember when RVN was about to sign the first time? He called a press conference to announce his delight at signing, but the club was far more coy.

How convenient.

An announcement will be made today that Hargreaves has failed the medical and the deal is off.

Will that do?
Yep, i feel far more negative now. Thanks!

Unread 29-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Thumbs up

Quote:

How convenient.

Will that do?
9.6/10 not bad at all.

Unread 29-05-2007, 09:04 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
9.6/10 not bad at all.
Not nearly as bad as some of them you get on here.

And I made that up as I went along.

Or did I?

Welcome to the double bluff WUM!!

Unread 29-05-2007, 09:07 AM
puressence

hes joining on thursday

but im not sure which one
Closed Thread