United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2023, 04:40 PM
Bunker Buster

The number 7 died when they gave it to micha l "it was 3-3" Owen....

Welcome mason, let's get to work...

First game next week

Unread 05-07-2023, 05:01 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge
I think it's a shrewd move tbh

He is proper loved up with tenners and is chomping at the bit

Shame we don't have enough cash available to fill all the gaps in the squad, but we getting there
Is he? Considering he has never played for him? Or is he more happy with the fact he has trebled his salary?

Unread 05-07-2023, 05:05 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Funny feeling he is going to be playing in the number 10 role with Bruno being moved back to midfield alongside Casemiro. Bruno played there at times last season - I think mainly when Weghorst (sp?) played as no.10 ().

Where else can Mount play? Can't see him dislodging Rashford or Garnacho from the left wing. He is not an actual midfielder, no matter what people say so I don't think we'll be seeing him alongside Casemiro. If being energetic were enough to be a success in that position, we wouldn't be selling Fred.

Suppose we might change formation to 4-3-3 with himself and Bruno as advanced "midfielders." Hope not, tbh. Always happier when we have someone in the Cantona position.
I'm going to sound like a Jonathan Wilson #@&%!, but the 'box' midfield appears to be in.

on paper, city and Liverpool lined with one holding midfielder and two number tens, but stones/Arnold effectively played as a second holding midfielder, with the other full back dropping into a back three.

wonder if ETH is thinking something similar? although as per the other thread, our full backs might not be intelligent enough to pull it off! he tried Malacia coming into midfield in parts some games.

maybe we will go back to Ralf's 4-2-2-2, if we could get someone like Amrabat. two holding mids, then mount and Bruno, then two wide strikers-rashford and one other.

Unread 05-07-2023, 05:23 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge
that is superb

But then again, Redknapp is such a bullshitting gobshite his eye is fixed into a permanent wink
It would be mildly amusing if actually true.

In reality, Futre spent one season at West Ham, which was 1996/97, and in that season West Ham travelled to Highbury on Saturday 17th August 1996, suffering a two-nil defeat. A game in which, incidentally, Rio Ferdinand made a substitute appearance for the East London club.

Arsène Wenger was unveiled as Arsenal manager on 22nd September 1996, after he was granted release from his contract by Japanese club, Nagoya Grampus.

In summary, Harry Redknapp is a boss-eyed, bullshitting, tax-avoiding, cockney @#%&!.

Unread 05-07-2023, 05:25 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Whinging over a squad number ffs. Get a grip.
This. Grown men...

That coveted 7 shirt eh worn by the likes of Owen, Tony V, Depay and Di Maria.

Of all the things to get upset about

Unread 05-07-2023, 05:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Between Ronaldo, it’s been:

Owen
Valencia
Depay
Di Maria
Sanchez
Cavani

We devalued it some time ago.

Oh, and who gives a £#%&!.

Unread 05-07-2023, 06:06 PM
The Judge

Tell u what

We've been shit for so long, and our "enemies" have grown strong

I'm juicing off what Ten Hag is cooking

(Tried to make it a haiku, but there we are)

Unread 05-07-2023, 06:07 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Owen
Valencia
Depay
Di Maria
Sanchez
Cavani
Jesus Christ

Unread 05-07-2023, 06:09 PM
Sparky***

No7.

Christ.

Unread 05-07-2023, 06:45 PM
Neo

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Owen
Valencia
Depay
Di Maria
Sanchez
Cavani

We devalued it some time ago.

Oh, and who gives a £#%&!.
Call me a cliche-peddling footballing puritan, but I always valued the history of our number 7 shirt, as it has a genuine history stretching through the decades.

Best, Robson, Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo.

Incredible legacy, tbf. Would be nice to get a player in the current squad who is anywhere near the level of those above.

Mason Mount, ffs.

Unread 05-07-2023, 06:52 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Call me a cliche-peddling footballing puritan, but I always valued the history of our number 7 shirt, as it has a genuine history stretching through the decades.

Incredible legacy, tbf. Would be nice to get a player in the current squad who is anywhere near the level of those above.

Mason Mount, ffs.
If not Mount then who? Garnacho has five league starts and we can't wait to put him on a pedestal, would have a hiatus on giving anyone the shirt until we've at least challenged for a title.

Unread 05-07-2023, 07:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Mason Mount, ffs.
Oh, it USED to mean something. It just hasn’t for a while. We’ve used it to get players on board or for a bit of PR. And it’s certainly been cursed since Ronaldo left.

Unread 06-07-2023, 02:05 AM
Stickman

Let’s stay on track re resembling a serious Manchester United outfit again and then we can prioritise squad numbers in a more ideal world.

Unread 06-07-2023, 06:38 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Whinging over a squad number ffs. Get a grip.

Pretending that Mount will be a worse signing than Sanchez was as well.

Unread 06-07-2023, 07:58 AM
redhegemony

Hope that Mount will improve Sancho - if only we had a striker ...

Unread 06-07-2023, 09:18 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Pretending that Mount will be a worse signing than Sanchez was as well.
sancho looked an excellent signing. mount is a pile of meh. the real comparison is whether he'll be better than the don.

Unread 06-07-2023, 09:24 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Hope that Mount will improve Sancho - if only we had a striker ...
I can't see how making Sancho even more likely to be on the bench is going to improve him... but... its possible i suppose.

Unread 06-07-2023, 10:23 AM
est.1878

If he was unveiled as part of a triple scarf hot then we'd be more than happy.

Unread 06-07-2023, 10:38 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
sancho looked an excellent signing. mount is a pile of meh. the real comparison is whether he'll be better than the don.
Possibly. What about Sanchez though?

Unread 06-07-2023, 11:51 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Possibly. What about Sanchez though?
ffs. misread it. why is anyone talking about sanchez? will scroll back.

still ffs. the 7 fixation is nonsense.

mount has entered the barm debate (cannot call it the barm/muffin debate, due to the paucity of options provided to him). trigger warning: mount is not in favour of barm. pr disaster.
Closed Thread