United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-05-2018, 07:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Are you suggesting Rashford and Martial are too mentally weak to handle being dropped?
It's not about mental weakness. It's about a player ending up in a position where he feels there's nothing he can do. I remember Fergie always used to say that with forwards you cannot drop them when they hit a run of form - you have to leave them in.

If a player reaches the point where he feels no matter what he does a manager will never trust him, that's irreparable. And it goes for 99% of players regardless of age; would be the same with Sanchez, Pogba or Lukaku.

It's just that Mou tends to target the younger ones with his ineffective tough love bullshit.

Unread 20-05-2018, 07:02 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Mourinho leaving?
true dat.

Unread 20-05-2018, 07:05 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
true dat.
Don't get my hopes up

Unread 20-05-2018, 07:31 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't know mate, this is all new to me. United haven't been this consistently underwhelming since the late 80s and that's all a far distant memory to me, I was 6 years old when Fergie took over.

How long does it take to build a successful side? It's different for every team, every manager. How much money does it cost? As much as it takes to get you where you want to be.

There were more United players on that pitch yesterday signed by Alex Ferguson than our current manager. The guy who retired 5 years ago. A rough framework? We haven't even got started.
Incredible.

Leicester had an identity. Poch has a style of play.

No idea the answers mate - I just wish that our back 4 from Fergie times had been improved on by 3 subsequent multi millionaire managers

Unread 20-05-2018, 07:39 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Don't get my hopes up
or mine.

Unread 20-05-2018, 08:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Of course he’s correct

But it doesn’t fit the agendas of some.

Let’s not forget that we had a cracking young player at the club, who by the time Mourinho arrived was shot to pieces because of LVG ruining him and is now apparently tearing the French league up with many saying we should buy him back.
I'm not.

Partly because "tearing the French league up" is a pretty low bar.

Unread 20-05-2018, 08:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Big Raheem King of Doom is gunning for Poggers

Unread 20-05-2018, 08:27 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
after 2 years, does anyone know what our plan is?
Because the players have been incapable of carrying it out so far. Much as they were with van gaal at the same stage.

Quote:
I could easily bang out what we were trying to do with the 94 team, the 99 team, the 2008 one obviously and even the van Nistelroiy era had a plan.
The 94 team was 8 years in the making. The 99 and 2008 team was the evolution of the same person’s thoughts.

Quote:
I feel like we only have 4-5 names on the team sheet for sure (DDG, Valencia, Matic, Pogba and Lukaku) and I don’t feel the formation is nailed down at all.
Because it isn’t. We’re in flux.

Quote:
It’s funny - Spurs, Liverpool and City all have an identity at the moment. I honestly don’t know ours.
None of the managers of those teams had to do anything much different to what they inherited. They’ve been more evolution than revolution. At united van gaal tried something totally alien to the team he took over, and mourinho has so far struggled to sort out the issues he inherited.

Unread 20-05-2018, 08:42 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Because the players have been incapable of carrying it out so far. Much as they were with van gaal at the same stage.

The 94 team was 8 years in the making. The 99 and 2008 team was the evolution of the same person’s thoughts.

Because it isn’t. We’re in flux.

None of the managers of those teams had to do anything much different to what they inherited. They’ve been more evolution than revolution. At united van gaal tried something totally alien to the team he took over, and mourinho has so far struggled to sort out the issues he inherited.
:-(

So basically we are miles away from getting back to a legit challenge?

What do you think the ultimate aim is? I’m starting to think it’s a Bayern model with a Ribery/Robben on the wings and then a solid back 7 with a zesty midfields and a target man upfront.

Unread 20-05-2018, 09:17 PM
Ethers

“It’s how I’d have reacted at that age”

Superb stuff.

Unread 20-05-2018, 09:39 PM
rebelcountyred

Lots of reports on Twitter suggesting unhappiness in the dressing room with mourihno. Wonder who?

Unread 20-05-2018, 09:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Lots of reports on Twitter suggesting unhappiness in the dressing room with mourihno. Wonder who?
Always the same after a bad result. We're such a snakey club these days.

Presume Jammy won't believe these ones like he believed the LvG ones?

Unread 20-05-2018, 09:44 PM
utd99

Quote:
Ooooh, twenty questions. I love this; I’ll start.

Does he never smile or run in a straight line?

Unread 20-05-2018, 09:44 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
People expecting to be sold.

Unread 20-05-2018, 09:45 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Wanda Hu, the Chinese lad?

Unread 20-05-2018, 09:46 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Always the same after a bad result. We're such a snakey club these days.

Presume Jammy won't believe these ones like he believed the LvG ones?
I was supportive of van gaal until quite late on. And I backed van gaal against the players, as I’ll back mourinho against the players until it becomes clear it’s too many players and the manager is done.

Unread 20-05-2018, 09:46 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Ooooh, twenty questions. I love this; I’ll start.

Does he never smile or run in a straight line?
That really narrows it down.

Unread 20-05-2018, 09:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I was supportive of van gaal until quite late on. And I backed van gaal against the players, as I’ll back mourinho against the players.
Tbh I tend to agree with you that usually players who brief are the ones who aren't playing or want excuses for not playing well.

It's just that right now that covers almost the whole squad. More so than it did two years ago funny enough.

Unread 20-05-2018, 09:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Wanda Hu, the Chinese lad?

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:08 PM
Cream

Quote:
Tbh I tend to agree with you that usually players who brief are the ones who aren't playing or want excuses for not playing well.

It's just that right now that covers almost the whole squad. More so than it did two years ago funny enough.
Strange apology.