United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-11-2019, 07:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Mata is still better than the alternatives we have right now, old and slow as he is.
Clearly isn't tbh. Pereira offers a better balance with his graft.

Unread 08-11-2019, 07:20 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Clearly isn't tbh. Pereira offers a better balance with his graft.
But Mata has got a footballing brain, whereas Pereira, well I'll let you finish the sentence.

Unread 08-11-2019, 07:20 PM
red in cumbria

Not convinced, Mata still has much more skill.

Unread 08-11-2019, 07:24 PM
Soviet

Dunk is right, and I think youve both got short memories of how we play with Mata in the side

Partizan were one of the worst sides we've played in a long time, and we've been playing pub sides in the Europa League for years now.

Feel like I need to add a disclaimer to this with Pereira. Im not saying he's a world beater, but we'll function as a team better with him in it than Mata.

Unread 08-11-2019, 07:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Dunk is right, and I think youve both got short memories of how we play with Mata in the side

Partizan were one of the worst sides we've played in a long time, and we've been playing pub sides in the Europa League for years now.

Feel like I need to add a disclaimer to this with Pereira. Im not saying he's a world beater, but we'll function as a team better with him in it than Mata.
Pub team or no, is there any doubt in your mind that if Lingard and/or Pereira had played the full game against them they’d have still not scored, assisted or created much of anything? I mean how many games does it take?

Unread 08-11-2019, 07:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet

Mata struggled 2nd half yesterday imo.

The rest, exactly, Pereira isn't great, but he can get about the pitch, gets stuck in and doesn't give the ball away that much, just for that he's better as he makes the side more solid. Mata on last 20-25 minutes if absolutely necessary, but beware, it can go the other way once he's on the pitch..

Unread 08-11-2019, 09:14 PM
Red Santos

Peirera has been dogshit

Unread 08-11-2019, 10:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I think Mata is the way to go while Pogba’s out. Obviously his best days are behind him, but if we can surround him with the legs he no longer has then it might not hurt as much as carrying two or three geriatrics in the team. Lingard and Pereira just don’t have the creativity or vision in them and we need goals in this team.
I’d probably play mata against teams who sit back and pereira against the others. Though I guess Pogba would be best there if he’s ever fit.

Unread 08-11-2019, 11:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Peirera has been dogshit
An exaggeration at least slightly - but alas he does have something of that Cleverley/Lingard "nothing player" vibe.