United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:00 PM
JW

Default Has Fergie done a Busby?

I always said I would judge Fergie on what side he left us with,this after Sir Matt left Utd with a squad of ageing /average players.After all it was only a couple of seasons Busby finished Utd were relegated!

So in comparison when Busby retired ( 1st time) 1969/70 Paul Edwards,Steve James,Carlo Sartori,Francis Burns,John Fitzpatrick,John Aston,Dave Sadler,Willie Morgan,relying on ageing Nobby ,Denis Law,Bobby Charlton,Paddy etc etc plus George on the bladder,Brian Kidd,Stepney ( although I never rated him)panic buys Morgan .

Cleverley ,Smalling,Anderson,Hernandez,Young,Fabio,Buttner ,in comparison with those mentioned above and we take RVP and Rooney and Carrick I suppose as top class ( like Besty) Wellbeck (Kiddo) Rio,Vidic,Evra,Giggsy ,Evra? Ageing,Panic buy Fellani.

Gotta say it looks slightly worrying

Tbf Wilf McGuinness got Utd into two semi finals losing to City and Leeds narrowly.Finished 8th in the league.Which Moyes could do .

What do you reckon?

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:02 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

No.

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia
I always said I would judge Fergie on what side he left us with,this after Sir Matt left Utd with a squad of ageing /average players.After all it was only a couple of seasons Busby finished Utd were relegated!

So in comparison when Busby retired ( 1st time) 1969/70 Paul Edwards,Steve James,Carlo Sartori,Francis Burns,John Fitzpatrick,John Aston,Dave Sadler,Willie Morgan,relying on ageing Nobby ,Denis Law,Bobby Charlton,Paddy etc etc plus George on the bladder,Brian Kidd,Stepney ( although I never rated him)panic buys Morgan .

Cleverley ,Smalling,Anderson,Hernandez,Young,Fabio,Buttner ,in comparison with those mentioned above and we take RVP and Rooney and Carrick I suppose as top class ( like Besty) Wellbeck (Kiddo) Rio,Vidic,Evra,Giggsy ,Evra? Ageing,Panic buy Fellani.

Tbf Wilf McGuinness got Utd into two semi finals losing to City and Leeds narrowly.Finished 8th in the league.Which Moyes could do .

What do you reckon?
You judged the manager's entire quarter of a century in charge on what squad he left us with?

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:04 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Default Has Fergie done Busby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
No.
He's left the experienced defending champions , with apparently loads to spend so the new manager has his own team not an inherited one. Also he advised the continuity of backroom staff which was ignored .

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:05 PM
puressence

ferie hasnt left

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You judged the manager's entire quarter of a century in charge on what squad he left us with?

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:08 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
ferie hasnt left
neither did Busby

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Crumps

Nope. He left a very good team that was 2 or 3 players short of being an excellent one. The new manager would have a hefty budget to do so too. They also had to manage the transition in the centre of defence by bringing in 2 of the, if not the best young centre halves in the country for 2 senior players of the highest possible calibre. The leading goal scorer from the previous season at his peak. Etc etc etc

Rooney was the only shitter he left him.

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Sparky***

By the way Garcia, you might want to edit the title of this thread - it makes it sound like the pair of them have had a punch up on the forecourt.

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:11 PM
djsst

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:12 PM
JW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
By the way Garcia, you might want to edit the title of this thread - it makes it sound like the pair of them have had a punch up on the forecourt.
Yea agreed.

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
Agreed. Well with the football bits, I'm in the dark re the uncle and the felatio.
That's how he got away with it for so long.

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Der Kaiser

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:15 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
That's how he got away with it for so long.
Arf

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:15 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
neither did Busby
Quote:
ferie hasnt left
Back to the future

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:17 PM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Nope. He left a very good team that was 2 or 3 players short of being an excellent one. The new manager would have a hefty budget to do so too. They also had to manage the transition in the centre of defence by bringing in 2 of the, if not the best young centre halves in the country for 2 senior players of the highest possible calibre. The leading goal scorer from the previous season at his peak. Etc etc etc

Rooney was the only shitter he left him.
Bloody love Crumps. I read a %@#$&! post on here, go to reply- and Crumpsers has already £#%&!ing nailed it. Saved my thumbs a lot of effort this past year

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:19 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:

Rooney was the only crapter he left him.

another tedious wum@#%&! wiped out by the Crumpster

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:20 PM
JW

SAF has made my last 25 years or so almost perfect ,football wise,but has he left Moyes with a shitty stick in terms of success from what we have become accustomed too,if he had left post 2008 final,I would have said he would have left the club in perfect circumstances.........in hindsight.

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Bloody love Crumps. I read a %@#$&! post on here, go to reply- and Crumpsers has already £#%&!ing nailed it. Saved my thumbs a lot of effort this past year
Cheers r'kid.

Just for the record I am not anti-developmentally challenged. Despite my recent exchanges with you know who.

If you think it's you then it probably is.

Unread 16-12-2013, 08:24 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia

What do you reckon?
You lost me on the first sentence there, pal.
Closed Thread