United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 11-09-2022, 11:26 AM
Dr Stranger

Anything we got out of him this season was always going to be a bonus.

On his day, he can very good, but it’s been seven years of letdowns, so it’s on us if we’re expecting anything any different.

If he comes into the team and does ok, great. If we’re relying on him, we’re idiots. I expect an ailing pissed off Ronaldo to contribute more this season.

Unread 11-09-2022, 11:32 AM
Joe Biden

Hag loved this guy. He's sanctioned a new contract for him. Good times ahead for AM9.

Unread 11-09-2022, 11:37 AM
armchair

Get him back fit.

Unread 11-09-2022, 11:41 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
This has been his, and our problem for years. We became mentally weak. You can have all the 'talent' you want - Rashford, Tony, Pogba, DDG, Shaw, hell even the likes of lingard had talent.

But if you're weak as both an individual and a unit you're never going to get anywhere.

When you start seeing 2nd as an achievement (and I'm talking about the players not the management), or just getting to a final as an achievement (looking outside the club, poch crying when they beat Ajax ffs), you're basically f***ed.

If ETH does nothing else he'll have done well to alter that frail mindset. And he's essentially done it by binning the worst culprits and bringing in players with arrogance.

God how I wish Ronnie was even just 5 years younger. We'd win the league.

Yup. All that, mate but really, what enabled it all was that podgy/wombat-faced c*** who was making all the decisions over everyone else’s head.. Absolutely ruined the club. Just hoping we might, now, have arrested it and can get back to making credible competition at the top table.

Feel a bit dirty saying this in mitigation of some of these shitc***s but I reckon the players knew the futility of pissing against the wind with shit managers and even half-decent managers being undermined by that utter c***, who was pandering to his masters’ favour, in an endeavour to be teachers pet.

Where was the Manchester pusher when we needed him?

Unread 12-09-2022, 08:26 AM
Joe Biden

Praying he's fit for the weekend

Unread 12-09-2022, 09:22 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Why?

He's shit.

People never learn.

Unread 12-09-2022, 10:29 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Right up there in the 'biggest waste of talent' stakes. Should have been an elite verging on WC striker.

Unread 12-09-2022, 10:48 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

it's the contracts that these £#%&!s have these days. Would Love to be back when a bit of a crap player just got transfer listed and if no one wanted them released.

Unread 12-09-2022, 10:56 AM
Pop

State of Utd having to rely on that tosser

Unread 12-09-2022, 07:17 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
State of Utd having to rely on that tosser
State of some of the posters on here clambering for him...

Fair play to Ned for revealing the sum and his true distain for the useless £#%&!er.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
State of some of the posters on here clambering for him...

Fair play to Ned for revealing the wum and his true distain for the useless £#%&!er.
Typo - wum, not sum

Unread 12-09-2022, 08:40 PM
armchair

If we could get anything approaching a season out of him, we win the league and europa.

Unread 06-10-2022, 07:27 PM
NedKelly

The best finisher at the club. If he can avoid injury (fat chance) then he’ll be our most important player this season.

He might actually end up being our top scorer too.

Unread 06-10-2022, 07:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
The best finisher at the club. If he can avoid injury (fat chance) then he’ll be our most important player this season.

He might actually end up being our top scorer too.
Agree pal.

As you know I’m not his biggest fan but needs must at the moment and he can be deadly infront of goal. Ronnie is just dead these days

It’s his fitness which will ultimately be the problem though.

Unread 06-10-2022, 07:34 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Agree pal.

As you know I’m not his biggest fan but needs must at the moment and he can be deadly infront of goal. Ronnie is just dead these days

It’s his fitness which will ultimately be the problem though.
I’d lost patience with him ages ago myself; I think the frustration comes from knowing how naturally gifted he is.

Like you say, needs to stay fit and also motivated - I think Erik can help the latter (fingers crossed).

Unread 06-10-2022, 07:54 PM
AK14

Better goal contribution per 90 minutes than the city mutant.

If he could just stay fit and not be a smacked arse for large chunks of a season

Unread 06-10-2022, 07:57 PM
red in cumbria

Not holding my breath that he says either fit or on form tbh.

Unread 06-10-2022, 08:01 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not holding my breath that he says either fit or on form tbh.
He will get goals in an attacking side, NQAT. Fitness has always been the biggest issue (head goes down when tired). Super sub is probably best role for him and the team tbh .. manage his minutes .. need a new centre forward though for 2 of Sancho/Antony/Rashers to play off from the wide positions. Great front 5 then - lots of options.

Unread 06-10-2022, 08:02 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...wNwfY1W2yPjblg

If he could just stay fit and not be a smacked arse for large chunks of a season
Better footballer that's why.

Unread 06-10-2022, 08:05 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...wNwfY1W2yPjblg

Out of the front 4, based on since ETH has been managing he is the first one you would pick.

Badly need a CF, Ronaldo needs goals but I think he will be off in Jan. rashfords hit and miss . Antony looks like he’s still settling and Sancho is doing his usual 1 good game in 6.

The lack of tracking back on the first goal

Unread 06-10-2022, 08:09 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Out of the front 4, based on since ETH has been managing he is the first one you would pick.
Hasn't played 90 min yet this season has he? In fact has he even started yet this season? It won't be pretty if he's forced to consistently. This role suits him well. Stretch the legs against tired opposition and he can get 10-15 league goals. Keep starting him and he'll just get knackered and break. Need that new central striker to soak up the minutes.