United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-12-2022, 02:17 PM
dunk

Football Dele Alli

Has there been a more baffling halt to a career?

Unread 22-12-2022, 02:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

https://twitter.com/eurofootcom/stat...q58gX9xPip2nng
Given he wasn’t very good in the first place, not really.

Unread 22-12-2022, 02:27 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Except he was good. Overrated for sure, but a good player.

He's fallen off a cliff. It's bizarre.

But also enjoyable because he was such a try hard.

Unread 22-12-2022, 02:40 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Bit of an outlandish statement.

He was PFA Young Player of the year twice and in the PFA Team of the Year twice. His first 3 seasons at Spurs he was a very good player.

Even Ferie has said he thought he was a player who would be at the top level.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/loz07s3H8K8

Unread 22-12-2022, 02:43 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

He was PFA Young Player of the year twice and in the PFA Team of the Year twice. His first 3 seasons at Spurs he was a very good player.

Ferguson who said Phil Jones was the new Duncan Edwards? People get things wrong and Dele Ali is a prime example of the modern player who might have had it all but didn’t quite know how to apply it.

Unread 22-12-2022, 02:44 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Ferguson who said Phil Jones was the new Duncan Edwards? People get things wrong and Dele Ali is a prime example of the modern player who might have had it all but didn’t quite know how to apply it.
Yeah, would never trust Fergie's opinion of a player

AK14

Fergie rated him

Fergie also rated Phil Jones around the same time tbf.

He was a good player once… Ali not Jones.

Edit- Bastards

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

https://twitter.com/eurofootcom/stat...q58gX9xPip2nng
Video is a bit of an anticlimax. Maybe it doesn't show the bit where he does a shit in the manager's kit bag when he gets back into the dressing room?

Unread 22-12-2022, 02:51 PM
Finport Red

It’s certainly the mother of all nosedives, his footballing career. It wouldn’t surprise me, before his normal playing retirement date, to see his CV read ‘Deli Alli - the Deli, Aldi’.

Unread 22-12-2022, 02:59 PM
armchair

Off-the-field stuff.

Unread 22-12-2022, 03:02 PM
dunk

Keano knows.

Ronaldo blind spot aside, he’s not often wrong. Knows De Gea and Maguire are frauds.

Unread 22-12-2022, 03:09 PM
Chorlton74

didn't even know he'd left everton.

Unread 22-12-2022, 03:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

He was PFA Young Player of the year twice and in the PFA Team of the Year :. His first 3 seasons at Spurs he was a very good player.

That’s rich coming from you. You hate everyone

Scott Parker won player of the year and Paul Scholes never did, so that’s how seriously I’d take the PFA awards.

Fergie liked David Moyes too.

Ali scored some good goals and played to a good level for a while, but I never thought he was top quality. There were always question marks about his attitude.

The degree to which he’s flopped is quite alarming, but I don’t buy this notion that he’s some massive waste of talent. Good player for a while. That’s about it.

Unread 22-12-2022, 03:19 PM
Coracao

Quote:
That’s rich coming from you. You hate everyone

Scott Parker won player of the year and Paul Scholes never did, so that’s how seriously I’d take the PFA awards.

Fergie liked David Moyes too.

Ali scored some good goals and played to a good level for a while, but I never thought he was top quality. There were always question marks about his attitude.

The degree to which he’s flopped is quite alarming, but I don’t buy this notion that he’s some massive waste of talent. Good player for a while. That’s about it.
Don't hate anyone. Alli was a very good player for a couple of years. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise really.

Unread 22-12-2022, 03:23 PM
believe

Quote:
Don't hate anyone. Alli was a very good player for a couple of years. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise really.
There’s is literally not one person who has

Unread 22-12-2022, 03:25 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
There’s is literally not one person who has
Shut up Believe.

Unread 22-12-2022, 03:27 PM
Patty_b

Ali looked genuine class for those couple of years. On the edge of stepping on from the potential he was showing and becoming a proper good player.

Crazy level of regression, getting booed off after 30 minutes in the Turkish league ffs

Unread 22-12-2022, 03:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
You’re saying he was very good. I’ve said he was good. Quite the stretch to ‘ridiculous’.

Point is, he was overrated when at his peak and there was always question marks over his attitude. That’s why I don’t think his decline is THAT much of a surprise. Good, but overhyped.

Unread 22-12-2022, 04:03 PM
Coracao

Quote:
You’re saying he was very good. I’ve said he was good. Quite the stretch to ‘ridiculous’.

Point is, he was overrated when at his peak and there was always question marks over his attitude. That’s why I don’t think his decline is THAT much of a surprise. Good, but overhyped.
Whatever pal.

Unread 22-12-2022, 04:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Whatever pal.
Good talking to you, as always.
Closed Thread