United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2021, 11:00 AM
20LEgend1999

Default Franck Kessie

Franck Kessie: “I like the Premier League and in particular Manchester United, the club I dream of playing for” he told Tuttomercatoweb.

Now I know that no footballer would ever lower themselves to wanting to join a club like Manchester United, but he looked decent last night.

Is he always good? I remember him struggling when he first went there, but can anybody who pretends to watch Serie A shed any light on this?

Unread 12-03-2021, 11:02 AM
AK14

Looked good but not sure he’s what we need at the moment?

I always had him down as a ball winning midfielder but he controlled his he game last night which surprised me.

Unread 12-03-2021, 11:06 AM
tatty

Best player on the pitch for me last night.

No idea if that's his usual standard but if it is we could do a lot worse.

Unread 12-03-2021, 11:23 AM
Dasilvatwins

He is an upgrade on Fred /matic. If they can sign him for around 35-40 million it’s a no brainier . Physically he can handle the premier league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

I always had him down as a ball winning midfielder but he controlled his he game last night which surprised me.
If pogba leaves we will probably need two CMs a creative one and one like him anyway . We are missing the engine type midfielder who can pass a bit. As much as they make out The Scottish Player doesn’t get far forward that often and even then his passing range or ability in the final third is limited .

Unread 12-03-2021, 11:25 AM
Jethro

Based on the past few games anyone who can run and pick a pass will jump straight into the first team.

Unread 12-03-2021, 11:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Based on the past few games anyone who can run and pick a pass will jump straight into the first team.
This.

Competent actual midfielders please. As many as we can buy...

Unread 12-03-2021, 12:11 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He is an upgrade on Fred /matic. If they can sign him for around 35-40 million it’s a no brainier . Physically he can handle the premier league.

If pogba leaves we will probably need two CMs a creative one and one like him anyway . We are missing the engine type midfielder who can pass a bit. As much as they make out The Scottish Player doesn’t get far forward that often and even then his passing range or ability in the final third is limited .
Agreed, would be a fantastic option instead of Fred/Matic, would talk into the team over them. Really need another creative option as well though.

Unread 12-03-2021, 02:48 PM
utd99

I hope we don’t give up on The Scottish Player. I think he could end up being toptop.

Unread 12-03-2021, 02:53 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I hope we don’t give up on The Scottish Player. I think he could end up being toptop.
Agree. But it wont hinder his progress to have competent midfielders to play alongside.

Unread 12-03-2021, 02:56 PM
thatsfuctit

Come and get me plea.

Based on last night alone, thought he looked a cracking player.

Unread 12-03-2021, 03:22 PM
Vida_15

Quote:

ak...not to question your logic but your comment somewhat contradicts each other

so you're saying United doesn't need a ball winning midfielder who can control a game?

based on what was on display last night....he's EXACTLY the type of CM we need. A tough, athletic, possession based CM that can get up and down the pitch doing both sides of the job.

Unread 12-03-2021, 03:54 PM
TheWhiteParrot

I'm not sure he's top class but he's levels above Fred and in particular The Scottish Player. Ship them two frauds out then, retire matic and bring in kessie, Sabitzer and caminvinga*

Unread 12-03-2021, 04:02 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteParrot
I'm not sure he's top class but he's levels above Fred and in particular The Scottish Player. Ship them two frauds out then, retire matic and bring in kessie, Sabitzer and caminvinga*
fred and scott aren't going anywhere as Ole trusts both of them

matic is definitely gone for sure.....

if Pogba goes....you should be able to get enough cash to buy both Kessie and Camavinga

Unread 12-03-2021, 04:05 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
2 frauds who played superbly against the best team in the land ever (tm) ?

Some of our fans ffs

Unread 12-03-2021, 04:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
ak...not to question your logic but your comment somewhat contradicts each other

so you're saying United doesn't need a ball winning midfielder who can control a game?

based on what was on display last night....he's EXACTLY the type of CM we need. A tough, athletic, possession based CM that can get up and down the pitch doing both sides of the job.
Yeah, one game.

Unread 12-03-2021, 04:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15

He controlled the game last but I’m not sure that’s his usual thing tbh (could be wrong) and we’ve already got a couple of ball winners ( could do with an upgrade on Fred soon tbf)

We need a Carrick type imo, is Kessie that type of player? If so then sign him up. But to sign him off one good performance at OT and would be madness and probably something that we’d do tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yeah, one game.
That’s the thing isn’t it.

How many players have come to OT over the years and had good performances but then gone onto doing nothing over their career.

Signing players because they’ve had a good game against you is something Liverpool would do and then he lumbered with mediocre players for years and we’ve got enough of them in the squad as it is.

Unread 12-03-2021, 08:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Signing players because they’ve had a good game against you is something Liverpool would do and then he lumbered with mediocre players for years and we’ve got enough of them in the squad as it is.
Isn't that basically how Schneiderlin got to sign for us?

Unread 12-03-2021, 08:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
There are hundreds of midfielders who could offer what fred does. Running around being a professional nuisance. I should imagine a fair portion of them are in the £#%&!ing championship. His lack of any sort of technical ability really should be an issue for a team (allegedly) wanting to bridge the gap between themselves and the top of the league.

United being United I fully expect him to be presented with a nice shiny new contract. It is after all far cheaper to just keep re upping average players contracts than going out and buying better.

Unread 12-03-2021, 08:56 PM
Vida_15

Kessie's contract expires in the summer of 2022....so he could be pushing for a move away and let suitors know he isn't going to sign an extension

Unread 12-03-2021, 08:58 PM
MUFC One Love

He will be shit if he signs for us. Most players are.
Closed Thread