United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Only a matter of posts now until Rooney is unequivocally the reason rashford isn't getting games

It's close...

Unread 25-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
If he plays shit, he'll be dropped.
are you serious? you think a bad game from rooney will see him left out?

why would that be the case for any player, let alone the captain?

if he is consistently poor for a few weeks he might come under a bit of pressure. if he continues being average with the odd moment of quality per game he will keep his place indefinitely and any variation will be for rest, nothing more. meaning that whoever comes in will go straight back out unless another position is available.

Unread 25-08-2016, 06:08 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

if he is consistently poor for a few weeks he might come under a bit of pressure. if he continues being average with the odd moment of quality per game he will keep his place indefinitely and any variation will be for rest, nothing more. meaning that whoever comes in will go straight back out unless another position is available.
No, not the odd game. I mean consistently. And frankly, I can see him doing that.

Rooney will not be allowed to play consistently poorly for a whole seaosn, with plenty of alternatives available.

Or anyone else for that matter.

Unread 25-08-2016, 06:10 PM
puressence

Someone remind when Utds first team suddenly consisted of 5 18 year olds with no more than 40 games between em.

Unread 25-08-2016, 06:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Only a matter of posts now until Rooney is unequivocally the reason rashford isn't getting games

It's close...

Unread 25-08-2016, 06:12 PM
puressence

I forget it's Utd no other club maybe bar Southampton have brought in anything like Utd have for kids and giving them a go. @#%&!s having a pop at Jose after 180 mins £#%&! off or £#%&! in. Absolutely £#%&!ing morons

Unread 25-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Absolutely £#%&!ing morons

Unread 25-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I forget it's Utd no other club maybe bar Southampton have brought in anything like Utd have for kids and giving them a go. c***s having a pop at Jose after 180 mins £#%&! off or £#%&! in. Absolutely £#%&!ing morons

Unread 25-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Sparky***

2 games.

Which we've won.

Same ones we lost last season.

2 games.

Unread 25-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Initially, I think José has gone with senior players who know the league to get points on the board. Same thing with Mata v Mickey. That's evidence enough for me that he doesn't necessarily think this is his best 11. It's the 11 he thinks he needs right now, and he's been proven correct.
Personally, I think it's good management to give him a slow start, having been to the euros and entering his second season, which most young players struggle with.

Out of all the teenage talents that have been lauded over the years, I can only recall Giggs lasting into his thirties. He was probably the only one that wasn't overplayed as a teenager. Whiteside, Redknapp, Anderton, Owen, Sharpe Etc.

The rest of the young players fergie brought through were all around twenty when they became more prominent in the first team.

Unread 25-08-2016, 07:25 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
2 games.

Which we've won.

Same ones we lost last season.

2 games.
Exactly.

I wouldn't give a £#%&! who plays as long as they do well and we win.

IF they're playing shit and we have better on the bench, then i get £#%&!ed off....

Unread 25-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
what i really think is that rashford will be expected to perform immediately if he wants to keep his place and even if he does he'll struggle to keep it.

i absolutely doubt mensah will get a single meaningful appearance in the league without injuries to others, doubt tuanzebe will even be considered, and doubt there's nearly as much optimism behind those players in the youth ranks about their path to the 1st team.
I think they'll all play at least as many games this season that they would have played under Fergie at the same age. I also doubt we'd have seen much of Rashford last season had Fergie still been manager.

There was zero optimism from the youth players during fergie's last 5 years in charge. Which is why most of them wanted to £#%&! off at the nearest opportunity.

If they're good enough, they'll come through. The club should be concentrating on increasing the standard of youth player because we've not had much worth shouting about in twenty years.

Unread 25-08-2016, 07:42 PM
puressence

180 mins in and throb has it all worked out. What a #@&%!

Unread 25-08-2016, 08:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
180 mins in and throb has it all worked out. What a #@&%!

you all expect it to play out exactly the same as i do.

the only difference is how much people care.

Unread 25-08-2016, 08:19 PM
puressence

Quote:

you all expect it to play out exactly the same as i do.

the only difference is how much people care.
I don't pal. He's found his home

Unread 25-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I think they'll all play at least as many games this season that they would have played under Fergie at the same age. I also doubt we'd have seen much of Rashford last season had Fergie still been manager.

There was zero optimism from the youth players during fergie's last 5 years in charge. Which is why most of them wanted to £#%&! off at the nearest opportunity.

If they're good enough, they'll come through. The club should be concentrating on increasing the standard of youth player because we've not had much worth shouting about in twenty years.
ferguson's side was close to the best in the world and he bought more in to make that last step successfully.

then to maintain that position - or to try - he slowly but surely perfected a system of rotation and a winning formula particularly effective in league format.

this inevitably left him with the problem of giving game time to keep squad players onside and that in turn blocked the path to the 1st team for players coming through.

to combat this, as ferguson himself has pointed out, he was forced to almost skip an intake every so often. it was a very clear strategy.

mourinho is almost being allowed to start from scratch in terms of the 1st team but has already compromised and accepted that he needs a bigger squad than he normally likes to work with, which as we all know at united is crucial because of the sheer intensity of being a united player and everybody raising their game against us, and the shabby treatment our players quite often find themselves on the end of from referees, and an almost routine lack of protection which largely goes unmentioned. even in top level highest profile domestic football like the fa cup final, where rojo was forced out with a over the top tackle that only got yellow and rashford was forced off by someone stamping on his knee while he was on the floor. i digress...

mourinho has work to do to get the 1st team winning and work to do to keep everyone happy. the problem is that whatever people think of LVG he did bring a few top quality prospects right through to the 1st team and they looked absolutely at home when they got there. to block that would be criminal.

Unread 25-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Buck

Why does Tuanzebe need first team appearences this season? He's 18. He plays in a position where experience is crucial and has none at all.

On the wider point of youth:

James Wilson killed it at youth level. Had a debut game to cherish forever. But he looked out of his depth in the majority of his first team games. He didn't cause any waves on loan. Macheda's career hasn't matched what his teenage promise suggested. Far from it.

Youth players are playing against their age group peers all trying fancy shit in a molly-coddled environment to try and show they are the next big thing. Only a tiny percentage make it. Most struggle in lower leagues, never mind Utd.

That's testament to the likes of Rashford who took to playing for United and England like a duck to water.

Unread 25-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Molly cuddled

Unread 25-08-2016, 09:46 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Unread 26-08-2016, 12:46 PM
jem

Quote:

Closed Thread